Ambush on a live blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambush on a live blog

An open letter to the person who tried to bait me during the live blog of the Women's World Championship game between the USA and Russia last night...

You are a moron. Your question was entirely inappropriate and uncalled for.

I'll gladly admit to being a Gopher Women's Hockey fanatic, and I refuse to apologize for "cheering" more for the Gophers (current, future, and alumni) than the other players on the US roster. As a third-generation U. of Minn. alumnus and a supporter of the GWH team since its inception in 1997, I think that I'm entitled to that. And I do apologize for making remark in reference to two other players on the U.S. roster during the live blog of Saturday's USA-Canada game that stretched the limit of being in good taste.

All I was doing during the USA-Russia game was providing some additional commentary. Apparently the live blog moderator had no issue with my comments because they changed the setting after the 2nd period so that my comments would be posted directly. And regardless of the schools represented, as a U.S. citizen and current resident I will cheer for and otherwise support Team USA in all international competitions -- even if I cheer for individuals (emphasis on individuals) on the teams of other nations.

You are also a coward, posting to the live blog anonymously. While I'm not surprised that you were able to figure out my (at least partial) identity from my chat room handle, that you refused to provide your own handle shows that you are completely gutless.

In closing, I encourage you to come to the live blogs. Come to contribute in a positive manner. Come to ask questions to those in the know (of which I am not... I let the moderator handle any questions to which I did not know the answer). Come in to have a fun experience. But any efforts to bait or hassle other participants are NOT welcome.
    Last edited by CrazyDave; 04-09-2012, 07:52 AM.
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Re: Ambush on a live blog

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
    An open letter to the person who tried to bait me during the live blog of the Women's World Championship game between the USA and Russia last night...

I'll gladly admit to being a Gopher Women's Hockey fanatic, and I refuse to apologize for "cheering" more for the Gophers (current, future, and alumni) than the other players on the US roster. As a third-generation U. of Minn. alumnus and a supporter of the GWH team since its inception in 1997, I think that I'm entitled to that. And I do apologize for making remark in reference to two other players on the U.S. roster during the live blog of Saturday's USA-Canada game that stretched the limit of being in good taste.

I'll I was doing during the USA-Russia game was providing some additional commentary. Apparently the live blog moderator had no issue with my comments because they changed the setting after the 2nd period so that my comments would be posted directly. And regardless of the schools represented, as a U.S. citizen and current resident I will cheer for and otherwise support Team USA in all international competitions -- even if I cheer for individuals (emphasis on individuals) on the teams of other nations.

You are also a coward, posting to the live blog anonymously. While I'm not surprised that you were able to figure out my (at least partial) identity from my chat room handle, that you refused to provide your own handle shows that you are completely gutless.

In closing, I encourage you to come to the live blogs. Come to contribute in a positive manner. Come to ask questions to those in the know (of which I am not... I let the moderator handle any questions to which I did not know the answer). Come in to have a fun experience. But any efforts to bait or hassle other participants are NOT welcome.
    Uh oh... I have some live blog trolling competition... (BTW it wasn't me, as I was not present for those chats)

Comment

What was the question?
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

"Would you hit it?"
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          "Would you hit it?"
          Always a reasonable question to ask.

Comment

I was asked specifically about the whereabouts of a third person, who was called out by their real name. It was in no way pertinent to the USA-Russia game going on at the time.
            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

I was asked specifically about the whereabouts of a third person, who was called out by their real name. It was in no way pertinent to the USA-Russia game going on at the time.
              Third person here. I know a few likely suspects...the gutless assessment is quite accurate for all of them. Keep up the good work CD, and don't let anyone taint your blogging experience. Keep your supportive contributions coming!
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                Always a reasonable question to ask.
                I was thinking the same thing...
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

*****http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4869/ttiwwop.gif******
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    "Would you hit it?"
                    Which means we can rule out Scooby...since we all know he would...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Are we wasting intertubes here on GIRLS hockey?!?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Are we wasting intertubes here on GIRLS hockey?!?
                        Girls play hockey?
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

All I was doing during the USA-Russia game was providing some additional commentary. Apparently the live blog moderator had no issue with my comments because they changed the setting after the 2nd period so that my comments would be posted directly. And regardless of the schools represented, as a U.S. citizen and current resident I will cheer for and otherwise support Team USA in all international competitions -- even if I cheer for individuals (emphasis on individuals) on the teams of other nations.

*****http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Welcome+_66bbeb39e157f8b0cec011bfd7a2fd72.jpg******
                          *****http://memecreator.net/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/showimage.php/2441/Welcome-to-the-internet-I'll-be-your-guide.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                          X