Christ is Risen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christ is Risen!

Ignore is a wonderful feature. Don't use it often but love that I can. Just pushed that button.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
      you lack the wit to make any sort of comeback.
      You are absolutely right. I must be witless to respond to you at all.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Perhaps one day the Grace of God will enter those that do not believe, and then they will become believers.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        The courage to change the things I can,
        And the wisdom to know the difference.

God bless you all.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

You know being a person of faith is just that, at least part of it can't be proven, but at the same time people of faith are not stupid. They think about and consider the issues of their faith, and they question their own decisions. If you don't believe, fine but please give me and others credit for thinking about our beliefs. And oh BTW, statistically people of faith tend to be happier in life than people who aren't. Really though, it's all good.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            *****http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lepzrsYA6F1qfd5a4o1_500.jpg******
            Jesus Christ, that's beautiful.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Perhaps one day the Grace of God will enter those that do not believe, and then they will become believers.
              Perhaps one day the Grace of Gods will enter those who argue there's only one true faith, and then they will learn a little humility.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Perhaps one day the Grace of Gods will enter those who argue there's only one true faith, and then they will learn a little humility.
                That subject would be best suited for its own thread. Why don't you start one?
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  You know being a person of faith is just that, at least part of it can't be proven, but at the same time people of faith are not stupid. They think about and consider the issues of their faith, and they question their own decisions. If you don't believe, fine but please give me and others credit for thinking about our beliefs. And oh BTW, statistically people of faith tend to be happier in life than people who aren't. Really though, it's all good.
                  Well said.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Someone high might ponder at great length the meaning of a word, that wouldn't make them knowledgeable on that word, nor would anyone call them a cunning linguist because they thought about it realllyyyy hard. I'll give you all the credit in the world for thinking about your beliefs, but that doesn't alter my level of respect when they are then justified by word games or logical fallacies.

Statistically, the happiest nations on Earth are Denmark, Norway, Finland, and the Netherlands. Source All of which are rather irreligious. Oh and there's a link between stress and religious happiness. Source It's just sooooo surprising that in times of stress a group that has a regularly meeting social group is a little happier.

Comment

This may prove interesting:

CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Statistically, the happiest nations on Earth are Denmark, Norway, Finland, and the Netherlands.
                        All-white places with bad hockey and worse weather are happy.

Minnesota joke in 5, 4, ...
                        Cornell University

Comment

Norway, Denmark and Finland. Lutheran states. this is mostly certainly true.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            Norway, Denmark and Finland. Lutheran states. this is mostly certainly true.
                            oooohhh!!1 I get that joke!

Comment

Someone high might ponder at great length the meaning of a word, that wouldn't make them knowledgeable on that word, nor would anyone call them a cunning linguist because they thought about it realllyyyy hard. I'll give you all the credit in the world for thinking about your beliefs, but that doesn't alter my level of respect when they are then justified by word games or logical fallacies.

Statistically, the happiest nations on Earth are Denmark, Norway, Finland, and the Netherlands. Source All of which are rather irreligious. Oh and there's a link between stress and religious happiness. Source It's just sooooo surprising that in times of stress a group that has a regularly meeting social group is a little happier.
                              Devoid of logic. Joining leswp1 in 5....4....
                              Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Wow, the world is brighter.....huh.
                                Bruce Ciskie > PA

Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

Blizzard Drinking: Duluth's Answer to Gulf Coast Hurricane Parties

Comment

Working...
                                X