X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christ is Risen!

Happy Easter!
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Picked this off an SSPX site:

Easter Sermon
      By St. John Chrysostom

Is there anyone who is a devout lover of God? Let them enjoy this beautiful bright festival! Is there anyone who is a grateful servant? Let them rejoice and enter into the joy of their Lord!

Are there any weary with fasting? Let them now receive their wages! If any have toiled from the first hour, let them receive their due reward; If any have come after the third hour, let him with gratitude join in the Feast! And he that arrived after the sixth hour, let him not doubt; for he too shall sustain no loss. And if any delayed until the ninth hour, let him not hesitate; but let him come too. And he who arrived only at the eleventh hour, let him not be afraid by reason of his delay.

For the Lord is gracious and receives the last even as the first. He gives rest to him that comes at the eleventh hour, as well as to him that toiled from the first. To this one He gives, and upon another He bestows. He accepts the works as He greets the endeavor. The deed He honors and the intention He commends.

Let us all enter into the joy of the Lord! First and last alike receive your reward; rich and poor, rejoice together! Sober and slothful, celebrate the day!

You that have kept the fast, and you that have not, rejoice today for the Table is richly laden! Feast royally on it, the calf is a fatted one. Let no one go away hungry. Partake, all, of the cup of faith. Enjoy all the riches of His goodness!

Let no one grieve at his poverty, for the universal kingdom has been revealed. Let no one mourn that he has fallen again and again; for forgiveness has risen from the grave. Let no one fear death, for the Death of our Savior has set us free. He has destroyed it by enduring it.

He destroyed Hades when He descended into it. He put it into an uproar even as it tasted of His flesh. Isaias foretold this when he said, "You, O Hell, have been troubled by encountering Him below."

Hell was in an uproar because it was done away with.
      It was in an uproar because it is mocked.
      It was in an uproar, for it is destroyed.
      It is in an uproar, for it is annihilated.
      It is in an uproar, for it is now made captive.
      Hell took a body, and discovered God.
      It took earth, and encountered Heaven.
      It took what it saw, and was overcome by what it did not see.
      O death, where is thy sting?
      O Hades, where is thy victory?

Christ is Risen, and you, O death, are annihilated!
      Christ is Risen, and the evil ones are cast down!
      Christ is Risen, and the angels rejoice!
      Christ is Risen, and life is liberated!
      Christ is Risen, and the tomb is emptied of its dead; for Christ having risen from the dead, is become the first-fruits of those who have fallen asleep.

To Him be Glory and Power forever and ever. Amen!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Alleluia! Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          Let's not turn this into a debate. Just wanted to say Happy Easter.
          My post wasn't intended as a shot at religion. I'm not religious, but if I was I might be a little ticked off that one of the holiest days of the year has been reduced to nothing more than a chance for Hershey and Cadbury to sell more chocolate. Likewise, the Bible, Qur'an and Torah are all silent on the mysterious Eskimo in a red suit who comes down my chimney and leaves a stocking full of gifts in exchange for a plate of cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
            Rabbits were thought to be hermaphrodites and therefore reproduced through 'virgin' births.

qft

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!

Comment

Happy Easter and Passover. And God grant his grace to evangelical athiests, who are apparantly incapable of letting others enjoy the holidays without adding their mewling observations.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                My post wasn't intended as a shot at religion. I'm not religious, but if I was I might be a little ticked off that one of the holiest days of the year has been reduced to nothing more than a chance for Hershey and Cadbury to sell more chocolate. Likewise, the Bible, Qur'an and Torah are all silent on the mysterious Eskimo in a red suit who comes down my chimney and leaves a stocking full of gifts in exchange for a plate of cookies.
                It really doesn't bother me, believers know the true meaning of these events. I'm sure someone whose into cultural history can explain the basis eskimo and rabbit, which as a student of history I am curious to know. I'll have to wiki it.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

He is risen indeed! Aleluia!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    Happy Easter and Passover. And God grant his grace to evangelical athiests, who are apparantly incapable of letting others enjoy the holidays without adding their mewling observations.
                    So since no one wants to answer, what should be simple questions, let the blasphemy begin!

*****http://i107.***********.com/albums/m285/mcfoxton/SeOnW.jpg******
                    Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a wedge (document) that'll keep that gap open.

Passover and the entire exodus myth always tickle my funny bone. Celebrating an event marked by the wholesale slaughter of all non-jew first born sons by their god, because he himself made it so they wouldn't be released from a captivity. (that never happened anyway)

That guy sounds kind of like a dick. I think I'll go with Thor.
                    *****http://i107.***********.com/albums/m285/mcfoxton/298159_163287060426837_100002366326386_320871_3017 2358_n.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      It really doesn't bother me, believers know the true meaning of these events. I'm sure someone whose into cultural history can explain the basis eskimo and rabbit, which as a student of history I am curious to know. I'll have to wiki it.
                      Without going to wikipedia, I think the origin of St. Nicholas/Kris Kringle was the Nordic countries. It was originally a man who (depending on the myth) gave toys, shoes or other presents to kids in the winter. As I recall, in one version he gave kids shoes so their feet wouldn't freeze in winter. As the population of people who believed in him grew, he changed in appearance and purpose until we eventually have the incredibly commercialized version we've had for the past 150 years or so. How he went from a kindly man who gave kids shoes in early winter to a guy who lives at the North Pole, rides a red sleigh pulled by flying reindeer that travel several times faster than the speed of light and visits every home in Christendom at midnight on Christmas Eve (in between swigs of Coke and a pack of smokes and whatever else he can sell) is an amazing evolution.

I have no idea how the story of Jesus rising from the grave became a story about a rabbit laying chocolate eggs, but I'm betting the person responsible was smoking some incredible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        The Promise was fulfilled. God is great.
                        !
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Not religion related, but this could've been a bad Easter for someone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-grenade.html
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            It's hard to take seriously the claim that your multiple posts "weren't intended as a shot at religion," when that's exactly what they are. Why deny the obvious? Apart from proving you're an athiest troll, what's your point? What I find offensive is you can't EVER give it a rest, just once. Insulting people of faith is a big part of what you do and presumably why you exist. Pathetic is the word that pops into my mind. Pathetic and dishonest, with yourself and us. You and that other dipstick as well.
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 04-08-2012, 11:43 PM.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              It's hard to take seriously the claim that your multiple posts "weren't intended as a shot at religion," when that's exactly what they are. Why deny the obvious? Apart from proving you're an athiest troll, what's your point? What I find offensive is you can't EVER give it a rest, just once. Insulting people of faith is a big part of what you do and presumably why you exist. Pathetic is the word that pops into my mind. Pathetic and dishonest, with yourself and us. You and that other dipstick as well.
                              It just amazes me how many of the atheist folk around here take pride in making condescending remarks to people of faith, as if they are the evolved and intellectually superior members of the human race. I completely understand the negativity that non believers have towards non-practicing Christians, because there are so many clerical vs. secular political issues in America today. But for them to consistently mock, what might be someones most sincere belief, is childish and selfish.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                                It just amazes me how many of the atheist folk around here take pride in making condescending remarks to people of faith, as if they are the evolved and intellectually superior members of the human race. I completely understand the negativity that non believers have towards non-practicing Christians, because there are so many clerical vs. secular political issues in America today. But for them to consistently mock, what might be someones most sincere belief, is childish and selfish.
                                well, it is kind of the most important part of the whole Jesus story, that he popped back up after taking the worst that the Romans could dish out short of actual disembodiment. I kind of think it would have helped their case a little more if they had bothered to figure out an actual date to celebrate it on, instead of just picking out a random Sunday early in the spring.

Oh, and another revelation I had this morning.... You guys know when its the best time to fart in church?? When the Choir is singing. Unless its just some total rifle blast coming out, there's nobody that's going to hear it, and unless the choir is really bad or people start dropping from the gas, nobody is going to look around to figure out who dealt it.
                                Last edited by bigmrg74; 04-09-2012, 12:52 AM.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X