Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    hanging in there... mmm... chicken parm sub... my parents were going to come down here this weekend. I'm hoping, personally, that the "viewing" is Friday... my parents will still come down here... I think it'd do my mother to get away... she's been dealing with this for nearly 20 years between my grandfather's strokes and all the rest. Its been a real burden on her and I hope this frees up her time to do better things in life. On the other hand, its helped my mom work through some things from earlier in her life and issues she's had with her.

-----

With any luck the "viewing" (as much as one can view an urn) will be friday or so... mom and dad were going to come down this weekend, and I'd still like them to so that some heads can clear. That and my mother bought a pot and pan set for me.
    sorry man..
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Another fun site to pass away the time. I laughed at a few.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        sorry man..
        to be honest, I'm not so hard up about it... I'm more tied up in the problem that I've kept off boards (les knows)... even feeling better about this... I've been thinking about the grandparents lately as I looked through the Census records. You always wish you had more time... my other grandmother died the day before I intended to call (when i was coming to DC for my internship... wanted to stop by before heading down). I think its now that the generation is gone that its a bit more difficult... but I've been through so much, mentally, in the last few years that I can dissociate quite a bit. Fair or unfair... and my grandmother got really nasty with my mother down the line. My mother was supposed to be the old maid like her aunt... the ugly child... or so my grandmother thought.

I don't like to seek out the "pity party"... that's not to denigrate others... I get sentimental but I'm not big on a wide broadcast. I have half a mind to try to contact her sister.... she's, I believe... 94... but at 90 she moved like she was 70 (they all came out east when she turned 90... the last time the two sisters saw each other). Her sister is like the ultimate grandmother in that she's a sweet reserved person and usually fairly aware of things for an older person (I don't mean in the brain loss way... I mean, in the normal stream of society way).
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Well, the game was fun, even though the Twins suck something fierce. We had a good time, wandering around the ballpark, and after a few innings we found a place to sit that was out of the wind and in the sun, so it was quite comfortable. Went and got dinner afterward, and overall a good afternoon.....oh ****, this was technically a date, wasn't it?

Hope everything works out for you Patman, despite the tough situation.
          I so want to say who you went on this "date" with. The comedy factor would be off the charts with mutual friends.

Note to the clueless masses: she's way cool, and Dustin could do worse. A LOT worse.

And ditto to you, Patman.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            How long does it take to get used to bifocals? Anyone? Goldy?
            Are they lined or no-line bifocals, old man?

I had them when I was in 9th grade, the no-line types. They were my first pair of glasses ever. I got used to them pretty quickly, within a week or two. Then the next time I got my eyes checked, by a different doctor, and she was in shock that the first doctor prescribed me bifocals. It turns out that I had an astigmatism and the first doctor missed the diagnosis but still gave me a prescription that worked.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Are they lined or no-line bifocals, old man?

I had them when I was in 9th grade, the no-line types. They were my first pair of glasses ever. I got used to them pretty quickly, within a week or two. Then the next time I got my eyes checked, by a different doctor, and she was in shock that the first doctor prescribed me bifocals. It turns out that I had an astigmatism and the first doctor missed the diagnosis but still gave me a prescription that worked.
              Very happy I don't need glasses yet. Both sides of my family have needed them early, generation to generation. Both my brother and me have seemed to miss that gene. And I'll be dammed if i wear contacts.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Why have we stopped numbering these threads? Is it the math?

This should be #148 although i vaguely recall a misnumbering several years ago.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Morning Lodge.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Very happy I don't need glasses yet.
                      Can still pass the forklift driving test without them?

I wonder if anyone still makes lined bifocals these days? I got used to the bifocals in about a day. Depends on how severe the difference in the two prescriptions I think.

Comment

Morning, Lodge. Waiting at the gate for my first flight. We got SO much done these last 5 days.
                        Always a Wildcat...
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! tuesday. ugh.

Comment

Good morning Lodge.

Patman, sorry for the loss.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Mornin
                                I wonder if anyone still makes lined bifocals these days?
                                Thanks for implying again that I am old.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X