Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

Originally posted by gmann View Post
    I am curious. What does a 16 year old request for their birthday?

Little g turns 6 in about a month. He is asking for an iPad, Legos and he wants to have a party with some of his friends from school.

FWIW......little g was working on the computer last night typing up a letter he wants to send to a couple of his friends at school regarding his bday. I may post it later. Good stuff.
    Gen Y and later really don't have that much appreciation for "thoughtful gifts". We'd rather have cash, because we know what makes us happy, and we can get it.

Of course, I'm the kind of guy that would get my nephew for his 10th birthday a mutual fund investment.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Money. He needs it to pay for Driver's ed and insurance and gas and maint. He felt very flush (always had >100 in the wallet) now he has that and it seems like a drop in the bucket )
      I wish I always had >100 in my wallet

Just tell him how much worse it'll get when he starts drinking... "what do you mean 3 beers and a food item is 32 dollars?!?!?!"
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Just tell him how much worse it'll get when he starts drinking... "what do you mean 3 beers and a food item is 32 dollars?!?!?!"
        I have >100 in my wallet right now, but thats because I've been to the ATM since the last time I've been to a bar.

BTW, I'll be in town next week, Monday-Wednesday, let me know if you'll want to meet up. I know you're probably busy with the family stuff you mentioned a couple days ago, so if it doesn't work out, its no big deal.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          I have >100 in my wallet right now, but thats because I've been to the ATM since the last time I've been to a bar.

BTW, I'll be in town next week, Monday-Wednesday, let me know if you'll want to meet up. I know you're probably busy with the family stuff you mentioned a couple days ago, so if it doesn't work out, its no big deal.
          I'll be around... flying out Friday... back Sunday... layovers in LaGuardia each time ... but it came out to about $380.

Drop me an e-mail.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Too good for RFAlph, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Or when he starts seriously dating.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Too good for RFAlph, eh?
                Ralph can come with too!
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Ralph can come with too!
                  Just wander around town at 2 am and he's likely to run you over with his bike!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    Or when he starts seriously dating.
                    Heh. There was a romance brewing but she was dithering and he lost patience. Now his wallet is safe from romance for awhile.

Back from the track meet where I froze to death. Not used to doing sick call for the last few yrs. Suddenly doing it. Caught nasy virus which gave me a fever and body aches. Took tylenol before going. meet delayed. Sun went down as Tylenol wore off. Not good. On a better note- Lil took 1st in the 2 mile and 2nd in the one mile. NOt bad. He had body aches and was getting sick too.

Comment

I have >100 in my wallet right now, but thats because I've been to the ATM since the last time I've been to a bar.l.
                      i have never had an atm card... so i usually have much more than that in my pocket (also don't carry a wallet).
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        i have never had an atm card... so i usually have much more than that in my pocket (also don't carry a wallet).

Your email threads the past few months all make sense now...

Brent hacked your account!!!

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
                          I am curious. What does a 16 year old request for their birthday?

Little g turns 6 in about a month. He is asking for an iPad, Legos and he wants to have a party with some of his friends from school.

FWIW......little g was working on the computer last night typing up a letter he wants to send to a couple of his friends at school regarding his bday. I may post it later. Good stuff.
                          When my nephew was 3 he wanted my brother-in-law and I to bring him back a motorcycle from NYC.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            I haven't carried a wallet for years. I use a money clip but I rarely carry cash. I use plastic most of time as I have a sweet rewards program that makes it worth it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              When my nephew was 3 he wanted my brother-in-law and I to bring him back a motorcycle from NYC.
                              So did you?

Comment

Ummm....no.

This has been a weird tax season. And now I've probably got to go the last 6 days of it with a cold.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X