View Poll Results: Favorite Offseason Activity?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beer, alcohol, inebriation of various sorts

    23 58.97%
  • Beaches

    13 33.33%
  • Babes

    17 43.59%
  • Chasing little white balls around lush green grass

    8 20.51%
  • Baseball

    17 43.59%
  • Boating, water activities

    8 20.51%
  • Offseason? The season never ends!

    9 23.08%
  • Free time? Employed problems.

    12 30.77%
  • BBQing

    14 35.90%
  • Hit the open road, let's go on a road trip!

    11 28.21%
  • Family time

    11 28.21%
  • Going hacking with Freddy

    13 33.33%
  • Watching Giada's melons grow in the melon patch

    18 46.15%
  • Bacon... Anything and every involves Bacon

    24 61.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1007

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

  1. #61
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    28,333

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    So, last year the town festival/street dance weekend at the little town close to where I grew up got Sawyer Brown to play the Saturday night concert. I found out this weekend that they booked Craig Morgan for this year. Hell yeah, its gonna be one helluva party! I can't wait.

    This isn't technically my hometown, its another town that is close, since I didn't actually live in town. The town where I went to school has about 20,000 people in it, this town has about 300, so its a little more up my alley.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  2. #62
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    98,358

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    So, last year the town festival/street dance weekend at the little town close to where I grew up got Sawyer Brown to play the Saturday night concert. I found out this weekend that they booked Craig Morgan for this year. Hell yeah, its gonna be one helluva party! I can't wait.

    This isn't technically my hometown, its another town that is close, since I didn't actually live in town. The town where I went to school has about 20,000 people in it, this town has about 300, so its a little more up my alley.
    I actually might be up for that this year. My summer is kinda empty right now.
    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do." --Roger Sterling

  3. #63
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    28,333

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I actually might be up for that this year. My summer is kinda empty right now.
    Yee haw! We can kick it in the real sticks, not just the feux sticks in Ham Lake! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve8sNTqrzCw&ob=av3e (after watching that video again, I realize how much I fit into it. There are about 5 times I was thinking "hey, I did that last night!")
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  4. #64
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    98,358

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Yee haw! We can kick it in the real sticks, not just the feux sticks in Ham Lake! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve8sNTqrzCw&ob=av3e (after watching that video again, I realize how much I fit into it. There are about 5 times I was thinking "hey, I did that last night!")
    As long as I have a couch/floor/hotel to crash at, I think I may be in. I can wear my neat hat, too.
    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do." --Roger Sterling

  5. #65
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    19,228

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    I've been at home this weekend as well with our Shih-Tzu. Greatest dog we've ever had. She's 10.5 years old now, so she's climbing up there in age..I honestly don't know what we'll all do without her..Sad for whenever that day comes.

    26 days until I move out of the dorms and back home, completing my first full year of college.

    Where does the time go?
    Probably about the same as when it was time to put our old dog down. Cried like a little baby when we took her to the vet to do the deed, and kept on doing it even after we brought her back to bury her in mom's flower garden.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

    It just happens.


    nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!


    Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

  6. #66
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    28,333

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    As long as I have a couch/floor/hotel to crash at, I think I may be in. I can wear my neat hat, too.
    Well, there's no hotel in this town. I crashed at my aunt's house last year. I'm sure we can figure something out. I'll know tons of people there, so there will be somewhere to crash.

    And after watching this video, I have a feeling that it is good to be Luke Bryan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdE9m...feature=relmfu

    Lastly, for monster, Ms. Underwood is extra yummy in her new video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-uothzTaaQ&ob=av3n
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  7. #67
    Iowa Football: Activate Ferentz 3.0
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    15,453

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Probably about the same as when it was time to put our old dog down. Cried like a little baby when we took her to the vet to do the deed, and kept on doing it even after we brought her back to bury her in mom's flower garden.
    I know we'll have the whole family in tears when it happens. Our first dog lived 14.5 years and then we had to put her down. I was in Kindergarden.
    AF

  8. #68
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    19,228

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Well, there's no hotel in this town. I crashed at my aunt's house last year. I'm sure we can figure something out. I'll know tons of people there, so there will be somewhere to crash.

    And after watching this video, I have a feeling that it is good to be Luke Bryan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdE9m...feature=relmfu

    Lastly, for monster, Ms. Underwood is extra yummy in her new video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-uothzTaaQ&ob=av3n
    Not really sure why you singled me out to watch that video, but thanks for doing it anyways.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

    It just happens.


    nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!


    Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

  9. #69
    :) crazytechfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    da Yoop
    Posts
    5,476

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Went smelting for the first time tonight. Weren't running too great, except in the spot where you needed hip waders. My pretty polka dot rain boots weren't quite sufficient. Ended up with a few dozen, plus an 11-12" smelt. Good times. Now I'm FREEZING.

  10. #70
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    7,760

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, 2014 East Regional
    2013 Frozen Four

  11. #71
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    162,389

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Good Morning, MEUSA!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

  12. #72
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    162,389

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Oh. It is not morning at 1 Oh Dark thirty.
    Good point. Maybe I'll go back to just yawning when when I leave early for a bike ride.

  13. #73
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    22,259

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Good point. Maybe I'll go back to just yawning when when I leave early for a bike ride.
    . Why do you bike in the dark? I have always wondered.

    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! moanin' monday

  14. #74
    The Merchant of Truth
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, NY
    Posts
    27,062

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    . Why do you bike in the dark? I have always wondered.

    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! moanin' monday
    He wants a workout. If he did it later, it'd be a light trip.

    Good Morning Lodge!
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    USCHO Poser of the Year Championships: 2011, 2012, 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Just assume I'm being an idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxton View Post
    Hey, you're actually correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.

  15. #75
    2147483647
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    20,509

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Morning.

    Not that anyone would want it, but I still have 1 ticket for todays Home Opener of the Twins (vs Angels). 3 pm.

    Goldy I know you don't have anything to do!
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 04-09-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    PSNetwork / 360 GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

    Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

  16. #76
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    162,389

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    . Why do you bike in the dark? I have always wondered.

    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! moanin' monday
    This time of the year I wonder myself. In the summer it is in order to get most of the ride done before the heat gets oppressive.

    BTW, I didn't leave yesterday until about two hours after that post.

  17. #77
    pawn in game of life
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eagan, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Good Morning, Lodge!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

    "No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

  18. #78
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    28,333

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Morning.

    Not that anyone would want it, but I still have 1 ticket for todays Home Opener of the Twins (vs Angels). 3 pm.

    Goldy I know you don't have anything to do!
    I have 2 tickets for the Twins today. I figured that I may as well go to this game, since its the closest they'll be to first place all year.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  19. #79
    2147483647
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    20,509

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I have 2 tickets for the Twins today. I figured that I may as well go to this game, since its the closest they'll be to first place all year.
    Mine are first row upper deck on 1B side. But I probably won't sit there since its gonna be cold.
    PSNetwork / 360 GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

    Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

  20. #80
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    28,333

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: What are you looking forward to in the offseason?

    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Mine are first row upper deck on 1B side. But I probably won't sit there since its gonna be cold.
    I just bought standing room, so I can wander around, and they're cheaper.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •