Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Nobody was going to beat this BC team. I predicted a 7-2 win, but BC dominated on the offense, BC defense shut the door, and goal tending was outstanding.

Another incredible Boston College season!

Comment

Next up: Trying to win a National Championship in an odd-numbered year!
      Chris V
      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
        Next up: Trying to win a National Championship in an odd-numbered year!
        1949 and 2001 say hello.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

This was a special team that you had this year. Despite my dislike for many BC fans, a big congrats for winning the big one.

Gaudreau will be a tough SOB to deal with for the next 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Congrats on another dominating post-season run and national title. York once again found a way to get this team to gel at the right time, and they carried it all the way through all the hardware. Classy move by York congratulating FSU, as he always does. That goal by Gaudreau was just ridiculous. To think this guy wasn't even going to BC until Cronin left.....somehow you guys just find a way to keep it going year after year. It makes last year's first round loss even more perplexing.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

It's been a long time since I posted here, but I wanted to congratulate the Eagles on a fantastic year. From the frozen fenway, to the beanpot, to the playoffs. It's been an amazing run. My championship hat in is the mail!
              "Great things come in small packages"

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post

Gaudreau will be a tough SOB to deal with for the next 2 or 3 years.
                Just wait till he puts on 20 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Boston College's third goal of the night... From Johnny Gaudreau's perspective:

haha. i'm pretty sure i told mav 'doesnt matter, had sex' after that goal.
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Before the season, I thought BC was set to win the Championship ...

Well deserved, and Congrats to Coach York, his staff, his players, and to you BC fans.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I have a pretty good idea of the answer here, but I'll ask anyway. Is York anywhere near the football and basketball coaches in terms of compensation? The exact figures are none of my business, just general terms.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Congratulations to a tremendous team and program on another National Title. The Eagles deserved what they got. Their hard work, team play and great consistency brought to the forefront by the fantastic coaching is something for all D-1 hockey programs to aspire to. I may not cheer for your team but I have tremendous respect for them.

buoldtimer.....Jerry doesn't earn a fraction of what the big time football and basketball coaches bring home but boy does he deserve a very big raise!

Comment

Congrats on a very impressive run to the championship! 3 out of 5 years really is an incredible run that reaches a near unthinkable level. BC Hockey has certainly raised the bar in a big way.

Comment

Not sure if it has already been brought up, but BC has now outscored its opponents in its last 3 frozen fours by a combined score of 32-5 - WOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post

buoldtimer.....Jerry doesn't earn a fraction of what the big time football and basketball coaches bring home but boy does he deserve a very big raise!
                              I appreciate the difference between football / basketball and hockey (television), but the disparity would burn away at me, given the unprecedented success JY has achieved. He must be "very happy in his skin."
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

York is as class as it gets. Would MUCH rather see him bring in another title than that clown down the road. As for Gaudreau, he is a great player. Watching his goal hurt but it's not his fault we have an AD that cares more about looking like angels than winning games. He absolutely made the right choice.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X