Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
    I realize that 'the right thing to do' is to recruit from within, and it probably will work out swell for BC's hockey team. The football version of that recipe hasn't worked out that well, mostly because the acerbic, boorish Gene DeFilippo forced it to happen...rather than let it happen organically, as would be the case with the hockey team. Gene DeFilippo needs to be kept away from the hockey program as much as possible.
    I think JY will have a big influence if he is asked for a recommendation in the search process, unlike the Ceglarski fiasco when his assistant Cedorchuk took over when LC retired in the 90s. I may be wrong, but I think Cav has the inside track since he's been with JY a long time and loyal to the program. It's a lot different than hiring Spaz when Jags was canned by GDF. The football program is the sport that is suppose to generate enough income for the rest of the varsity programs and needed a national search once Jag was gone. Football is suppose to be the #1 sport but I'm afraid it has fallen or regressed badly and has lost a lot of alumni support and local fan support. I have no faith in the AD and no confidence in GDF unfortunately. Like most agree, he's needs to keep away from the hockey program. My sister worked for one of the varsity sports program awhile back ago and she does not like what he did to one of the coaches. The coach subsequently won a lawsuit against BC and a nice settlement.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      I think JY will have a big influence if he is asked for a recommendation in the search process, unlike the Ceglarski fiasco when his assistant Cedorchuk took over when LC retired in the 90s. .....
      ?? so ceglarski didn't push for his asst cedorchuk to get the job?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
        am i missing something here.... 2013 forwards....

gaudreau-gilmour-silk
        straight-arnold-hayes
        smith-sit-linell
        spiro-brown-calnan
        mcglynn-vatrano-richardson
        mcmullen-fitzgerald-cangelosi

i think BC is forming 2 teams to prevent uconn from joining the league.
        I think Hayes will go pro next year, possibly Arnold and Gaudreau too
        I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post

gaudreau-gilmour-silk
          straight-arnold-hayes
          smith-sit-linell
          spiro-brown-calnan

Yeah, they seem to be picking the kids they want with ease. And, why not? Who wouldn't jump at the chance to go to BC if they offered?!?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            ?? so ceglarski didn't push for his asst cedorchuk to get the job?
            I'm sure he did, but maybe I didn't communicate it correctly. As I understand it from memory, he did recommend Cedorchuk for the job, which we all know was a bad choice that turned into a nightmare for BC.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

whatever works

Comment

gaudreau-gilmour-silk
                straight-arnold-hayes
                smith-sit-linell
                spiro-brown-calnan

Works for me.

As we've said I'm sure some kids will get pushed to 2014. They probably would prefer it that way opposed to rushing kids (Straight) or falling into kids (Gaudreaus).

Great event yesterday, always a nice way to end the season.

Edit: Also predictions on letters?

My guesses: Arnold, Wey, & Mullane as for who is the C I have no idea
                Last edited by claver2010; 04-16-2012, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  Works for me.

As we've said I'm sure some kids will get pushed to 2014. They probably would prefer it that way opposed to rushing kids (Straight) or falling into kids (Gaudreaus).

Great event yesterday, always a nice way to end the season.

Edit: Also predictions on letters?

My guesses: Arnold, Wey, & Mullane as for who is the C I have no idea
                  All these forwards, plus the possibilities of Alex Kerfoot and Jack Eichel. How do you turn down either of those two?

As for the captains, I'd like to see three seniors. Probably Mullane the captain, and Wey and Alber wearing "A's." Not only because I think they deserve it, but because every national championship team Coach York has had at BC has had three seniors as captains:

2001: Gionta, Allen, Lephart
                  2008: Brennan, Greene, Bertram
                  2010: Price, Smith, Lombardi
                  2012: Cross, Carey, Almeida

Some of the other great teams to make it to the tournament (but not win the title) had an underclassman wearing a letter-- 1998 had Reasoner and Buckley; 1999 had Mottau; 2000 had Gionta; 2003 had Ben Eaves and Forrest; 2005 had Patrick Eaves; 2007 had Brennan; and 2011 had Cross. It's probably just a coincidence, but I did find it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                    Yeah, they seem to be picking the kids they want with ease. And, why not? Who wouldn't jump at the chance to go to BC if they offered?!?
                    Well that depends... are they purposfully locking up more kids than they need to be able to pick and choose from them (to see how they develop) as their college carrers get closer? If thats the case (and I dont know that it is) I'd bet the kids that are no longer "needed" would have wished they didn't jump at the chance (in hindsite).

Comment

someone on EA said that Jerry interviews rather than recruits, i thought that was excellent.

Comment

If you want to see what a truly gold helmet looks like - the champions in Norway get these (yes, that's Tim Kunes former #6)

*****http://www.oilers.no/bilder//Gull_3.jpg******

So much cuter than baseball caps, plus no waste since they don't have the team names on them. Of course copies can't be sold as "official lockerroom blah blah blah".

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by mwade View Post
                          If you want to see what a truly gold helmet looks like - the champions in Norway get these (yes, that's Tim Kunes former #6)

*****http://www.oilers.no/bilder//Gull_3.jpg******

So much cuter than baseball caps, plus no waste since they don't have the team names on them. Of course copies can't be sold as "official lockerroom blah blah blah".

No waste but you probably get lice
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Kreider looked pretty good out there for his pro debut in that environment.

A little tentative in his own zone but the explosion was there in transition.

Comment

Haven't they announced captains at the banquet in previous years?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Haven't they announced captains at the banquet in previous years?
                                Nope usually leaks out on twitter or announced on bceagles.com

Recruit Austin Cangelosi has been making news with a highlight reel goal: http://ushl.com/news.php?news_id=907

Comment

Working...
                                X