Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I've asked this question before, but what school out there "correctly" uses gold in their uniforms? It's not exactly the easiest color to replicate and I have a feeling if the uniforms were truly "gold", there'd still be a lot of people with complaints.
    The Notre Dame helmets come to mind -- which seem to me to be like the Michigan helmets, a lame attempt to look like the football team. The Bruins colors are black and gold, but it sure looks yellow to me.

You'd think the bigger complaints would have been with the pre-2000-2001 uniforms. Now, those were "mustard" colored helmets. When someone says mustard, I think yellow...not the color of BCs golds uniforms. If I had to choose between the current golds and the current whites...give me the golds any day of the week.
    "Dijon" or "Grey Poupon" (the stuff you use in French cooking), is a better description of the color than the "mustard" you put on your hot dog. Speaking as a non-fan (by no means an enemy, just not a rabid fan; I rooted for them in Tampa) I hated them on TV, but over the course of the Beanpot and the FF, I kinda like them now.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I've asked this question before, but what school out there "correctly" uses gold in their uniforms? It's not exactly the easiest color to replicate and I have a feeling if the uniforms were truly "gold", there'd still be a lot of people with complaints.

You'd think the bigger complaints would have been with the pre-2000-2001 uniforms. Now, those were "mustard" colored helmets. When someone says mustard, I think yellow...not the color of BCs golds uniforms. If I had to choose between the current golds and the current whites...give me the golds any day of the week.
      The old ones are French's and the new ones are Gulden's.

Or baby poo if you prefer!

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
        . I hated them on TV, but over the course of the Beanpot and the FF, I kinda like them now.
        I was not a fan initially but thought them a huge improvement on the new uniforms, now i really like them but not sure i want them regularly. Give me the ones they had last year and i'm happy, anything but the crap they brought out this year

Comment

After the Beanpot, in 14 games, BC was 47-48 killing penalties. Absurd, doesn't begin to describe that

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            After the Beanpot, in 14 games, BC was 47-48 killing penalties. Absurd, doesn't begin to describe that
            i know it and i think during the 19 games there was only 1 more PPG allowed. I posted on this in EA but was too lazy to get the actual figures. Claver, you are good at that, what were the PPGA figures during the 19 game winning streak?

Comment

Some good news on the recruiting front: Sam Piazza is back playing for Sioux City in the USHL, after being out most of the year with a concussion. He was suppose to come in this fall, but, according to Heisenberg's site, it looks as though he has been pushed back, until the fall of 2013.

Also, any word on Colin Sullivan?

Comment

Would be really hard for Piazza to come in as an 18 year old after missing most of this year, so I have no problem with him being pushed back a year. Some say Sullivan is already in the fold, though I've seen nothing official yet.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                  Would be really hard for Piazza to come in as an 18 year old after missing most of this year, so I have no problem with him being pushed back a year. Some say Sullivan is already in the fold, though I've seen nothing official yet.
                  Sullivan is coming next year.

Comment

Can't wait to see that banner get raised. Repeat in Pittsburgh. Bring Milner home.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Just got back from the team banquet. It was a good time and got a free puck out of it. They didn't say who were the captains for next year but maybe that will be done later. Everyone that had anything to do with the team got mentioned or honored. It was a nice way to end the season, they did a quick video and played the "Alma Mater" before concluding the banquet.

I have a feeling Cav or Brown will end up the coach when JY retires. They're BC guys and know the program very well, and seem very articulate and can relate to the players well. When the torch is passed on, I think the program will be in good hands. Right now, BC is recruiting well and expect the program to continue getting good players and guys with character.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

From USHR: Noble & Greenough junior RC Adam Gilmour (6’2”, 193 lb.) has committed to Boston College for the fall of ’13.

Comment

am i missing something here.... 2013 forwards....

gaudreau-gilmour-silk
                          straight-arnold-hayes
                          smith-sit-linell
                          spiro-brown-calnan
                          mcglynn-vatrano-richardson
                          mcmullen-fitzgerald-cangelosi

i think BC is forming 2 teams to prevent uconn from joining the league.
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            am i missing something here.... 2013 forwards....

gaudreau-gilmour-silk
                            straight-arnold-hayes
                            smith-sit-linell
                            spiro-brown-calnan
                            mcglynn-vatrano-richardson
                            mcmullen-fitzgerald-cangelosi

i think BC is forming 2 teams to prevent uconn from joining the league.
                            A couple of those guys may be pushed back and I think Gilmour is actually a 2014 recruit. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a couple guys transfer, namely Brown, Spiro, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                              A couple of those guys may be pushed back and I think Gilmour is actually a 2014 recruit. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a couple guys transfer, namely Brown, Spiro, etc.
                              i dont think brown will transfer; but someone like spiro certainly might. also, i agree that someone will have to be pushed back. i didnt even include matt gaudreau who is listed as 2013 or 2014, as well. not to mention they are still mentioned in the Kurker and Kerfoot sweepstakes.

even if we assume gaudreau-arnold-hayes all leave school early, you still have a lot of warm bodies there.
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                I have a feeling Cav or Brown will end up the coach when JY retires. They're BC guys and know the program very well, and seem very articulate and can relate to the players well. When the torch is passed on, I think the program will be in good hands. Right now, BC is recruiting well and expect the program to continue getting good players and guys with character.
                                I realize that 'the right thing to do' is to recruit from within, and it probably will work out swell for BC's hockey team. The football version of that recipe hasn't worked out that well, mostly because the acerbic, boorish Gene DeFilippo forced it to happen...rather than let it happen organically, as would be the case with the hockey team. Gene DeFilippo needs to be kept away from the hockey program as much as possible.
                                Chris V
                                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                                X