Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    And: Who was there at the celebration from the 2001 team besides Tim Kelleher?
    I believe Allen, Peterson, Dziama were also in attendance.

Nice representation for the Class of '01. Was surprised to see Cam Atkinson and Ben Smith there.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I stand corrected.
      Again!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
        This is a nice problem to have: Over the four championships, the merchandise selection across all four has been decidedly sh*tty. Is it not possible to design a t-shirt that doesn't contain BrushScript font or is otherwise god-awful ugly? The only thing they've made that I really liked was the felt banner they made after '10 with the four banners on it.

Having lost more than a few NC games over the year, whenever I hit USCHO and see the "BC NATIONAL CHAMPIONS" merchandise banner, I remember how much that stung to see all summer .. "WISCONSIN, 2006 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS..." ugh.

And: Who was there at the celebration from the 2001 team besides Tim Kelleher?
        Speaking of ugly, they should retire those mustard colored jerseys while they have perfect winning record in them. I will not be buying one of throwbacks when the bookstore comes out with them.

Hard to believe it's been 1 week already. A lot happened, flew down early in the morning to catch 2 games, then Saturday, and players already signed to contracts after that game. Good luck to all the seniors and juniors who left. I will be at the dinner on Sunday. It should be a good time.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          Speaking of ugly, they should retire those mustard colored jerseys while they have perfect winning record in them. I will not be buying one of throwbacks when the bookstore comes out with them.
          That will teach 'em...
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            That will teach 'em...
            Slow day on the Brown board?
            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Yes. Not as busy as the BU board where all you guys are teaching eachother how to duct tape fraternity pledges and stuff...
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Yes. Not as busy as the BU board where all you guys are teaching eachother how to duct tape fraternity pledges and stuff...
                http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/duckvsduct.html
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

They probably learned from the hockey team.
                  1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Hard to believe it's been 1 week already. A lot happened, flew down early in the morning to catch 2 games, then Saturday, and players already signed to contracts after that game. Good luck to all the seniors and juniors who left. I will be at the dinner on Sunday. It should be a good time.
                    They're not going away, the players love them and most of the fans love them.

Bought 2 at the parade

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      But you like the new ones with the squigglies and bizarro stripes all over them?

You have bad taste. No offense.

The golds are beautiful. They are hopefully here to stay until someone wakes up and gets us the jersey with the eagle on the front from the early/mid-90s. If that happens, I say use that eagle jersey for the homes and make golds a Frozen Four-only special jersey (if BC is the home team in those games) and let the kids use it as motivation to get there to break them out.

I think the sales for this gold jersey are going to be greater than the bookstore expects and will eclipse anything these new UA jerseys did for sales if they keep wearing the golds on the ice.

I just ordered one myself.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        But you like the new ones with the squigglies and bizarro stripes all over them?

You have bad taste. No offense.

The golds are beautiful. They are hopefully here to stay until someone wakes up and gets us the jersey with the eagle on the front from the early/mid-90s. If that happens, I say use that eagle jersey for the homes and make golds a Frozen Four-only special jersey (if BC is the home team in those games) and let the kids use it as motivation to get there to break them out.

I think the sales for this gold jersey are going to be greater than the bookstore expects and will eclipse anything these new UA jerseys did for sales if they keep wearing the golds on the ice.

I just ordered one myself.
                        No offense taken, you're entitled to your opinion.

Well it's a matter of taste, not that I have bad taste. Most people I run into have the same opinion whether they're BC fans or fans from other schools. Usually they ask me, "What are those????" I'm sorry, that is not gold color, that looks more like mustard color. The lack of depth with the single color numbers and single color letters are not that great looking. I'm in agreement with the eagle design jersey as 3rd jersey as I have a bunch of those from a athletic sale at BC one year. They must be the ones and everywhere I go people always compliment my jerseys with the Eagle from the 80s and early 90s.

They can save those for the FF if they like or NCAA tournament games if they continue to bring luck but I don't have to like those or that style from the 50s or early 60s. They're just plain ugly as sin.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          until someone wakes up and gets us the jersey with the eagle on the front from the early/mid-90s.
                          this

Comment

I like the tan jersey as well and am waiting to see them for sale somewhere so I can get a couple. The maroon and the white are OK, but the tan look great. Also considering getting a Fighting Sioux jersey just to p.o. the politically correct crowd/police of the NCAA. Jerks.

No offense taken, you're entitled to your opinion.

Well it's a matter of taste, not that I have bad taste. Most people I run into have the same opinion whether they're BC fans or fans from other schools. Usually they ask me, "What are those????" I'm sorry, that is not gold color, that looks more like mustard color. The lack of depth with the single color numbers and single color letters are not that great looking. I'm in agreement with the eagle design jersey as 3rd jersey as I have a bunch of those from a athletic sale at BC one year. They must be the ones and everywhere I go people always compliment my jerseys with the Eagle from the 80s and early 90s.

They can save those for the FF if they like or NCAA tournament games if they continue to bring luck but I don't have to like those or that style from the 50s or early 60s. They're just plain ugly as sin.

Comment

I've asked this question before, but what school out there "correctly" uses gold in their uniforms? It's not exactly the easiest color to replicate and I have a feeling if the uniforms were truly "gold", there'd still be a lot of people with complaints.

You'd think the bigger complaints would have been with the pre-2000-2001 uniforms. Now, those were "mustard" colored helmets. When someone says mustard, I think yellow...not the color of BCs golds uniforms. If I had to choose between the current golds and the current whites...give me the golds any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                If I had to choose between the current golds and the current whites...give me the golds any day of the week.
                                Definitely. I got a kick out of one of the websites selling jerseys (either BC Bkstr or bceagles.com) and you can choose jersey color and it says "cardinal"... *facepalm* Might as well just put "RBK Red" in there.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X