Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

I would pay for them to have Menino at one of these things...

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Also saw that Tommy Cross signed with the Bruins... since I have not followed that end of it, was he a free agent? Or was he a Bruins pick all along? Does he have any chance of playing for them this year? (I'm guessing not but.... ???)
      I believe he was assigned to Providence (at least that's what was reported on the radio)...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        I believe he was assigned to Providence (at least that's what was reported on the radio)...
        he can't play for the big club - he signed too late. Not that they would put him there. Even Krug signed too late to play with the big club in the playoffs. Heck, even Turco did I think.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Cross can play in the playoffs (not that I expect him to) because he was drafted by the Bruins. Same as Kreider being able to play for the Rangers. Krug can't play because he wasn't a Bruins pick.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            It also never gets funny.
            This

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I would pay for them to have Menino at one of these things...

And this.

__

Gene getting booed was awesome.

Also, another reason why the Mayor of Newton has showed up the past 2 national chapmionships is because he's a BC alum
            Last edited by claver2010; 04-11-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              he can't play for the big club - he signed too late. Not that they would put him there. Even Krug signed too late to play with the big club in the playoffs. Heck, even Turco did I think.
              FL's right, it's out there that Kreider could be on their playoff roster and Boyle was interviewed somewhere, posted on EA i think,and said Kreider would be welcomed or words to that effect

Comment

Gaudreau rightfully named National ROTY by USCHO.

Comment

well, give 'em credit, they got it right while his own league couldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Cross can play in the playoffs (not that I expect him to) because he was drafted by the Bruins. Same as Kreider being able to play for the Rangers. Krug can't play because he wasn't a Bruins pick.
                    I stand corrected.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

these awards are overrated!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Anyone hear anything on Kerfoot yet on where he's committed? Seems to be taking a long long time on deciding. Is he waiting on whether he got into certain places and then amount of aid/grants/scholarship he gets? I know this happened last year with Linell after he was waitlisted at Harvard, and committed to BC in the middle of May. Is that what's probably happening now with Kerfoot?

Comment

*****http://www.chrisvanveen.com/Images/trophy_case.jpg******
                          Last edited by Chris_NH; 04-11-2012, 09:36 PM.
                          Chris V
                          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                            Anyone hear anything on Kerfoot yet on where he's committed? Seems to be taking a long long time on deciding. Is he waiting on whether he got into certain places and then amount of aid/grants/scholarship he gets? I know this happened last year with Linell after he was waitlisted at Harvard, and committed to BC in the middle of May. Is that what's probably happening now with Kerfoot?
                            I think he has decided to play one more year in the BCHL, and go to college in the fall of 2013. Plus, I don't think money is all that big of a deal to his family. I remember reading his father is loaded (owns a soccer team, or something).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              these awards are overrated!
                              Completely agree.

Comment

This is a nice problem to have: Over the four championships, the merchandise selection across all four has been decidedly sh*tty. Is it not possible to design a t-shirt that doesn't contain BrushScript font or is otherwise god-awful ugly? The only thing they've made that I really liked was the felt banner they made after '10 with the four banners on it.

Having lost more than a few NC games over the year, whenever I hit USCHO and see the "BC NATIONAL CHAMPIONS" merchandise banner, I remember how much that stung to see all summer .. "WISCONSIN, 2006 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS..." ugh.

And: Who was there at the celebration from the 2001 team besides Tim Kelleher?
                                Last edited by Zudnic; 04-11-2012, 09:55 PM.
                                Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Working...
                                X