Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Unbelievable. Are those shutouts including the blowout games he was pulled early from? I think there were two of those games...

Comment

yes. it includes the 49:14 mins of shutout he got against PC on 2/25. and the 59:10 of shutout he got against vermont on 3/3

the others were all 60+ minutes
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        How was the bc crowd in tampa?
        it was good. definitely the biggest crowd in a frozen four for the BC contingent. probably werent as loud as the FSU fans - but its hard to say because the entire arena, save the BC fans, were pulling for ferris. it was like a tampa home game when they scored.

always fun to shut up an entire arena like that.

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

I assume 2010 was dominated by Wisconsin fans. How was 2008? Nationally, ND is hated (and loved) by more people than BC is. 2001 was great because it was in Albany. One day, BC is going to win a national title in Boston over a non-eastern team Would love to be a part of that scene.

Comment

Superb effort by the Eagles. Ferris St. played a good game, and I was on edge until the Johnny G. fabulous goal. Then I could relax. College hockey is by far the best sport to watch on TV and I wish I was close enough to attend games, but in KY there is only one sport. I used to attend all the hockey games when at the Heights in the early sixties and the TV gives me some games from all over the country now, and I am continually impressed with the quality of play. I just wish that the NHL would not poach these kids before they complete 3-4 years, but I guess money is just too big a temptation. Anyway, kudos to Coach York and the young men, they played superbly after the Maine weekend. I had them beating FS in my brackets Final game and they did it. Kudos.

Comment

Oh yeah, one other thing. This team was the best I saw all year at working the half-boards and end boards. They were like Honey Badgers [to use a visual image], just relentless and hard working. It was clear in every game I saw late in the season and the playoffs. Just relentless and it almost always paid off. Blue collar work, but effective.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                it was good. definitely the biggest crowd in a frozen four for the BC contingent. probably werent as loud as the FSU fans - but its hard to say because the entire arena, save the BC fans, were pulling for ferris. it was like a tampa home game when they scored.

always fun to shut up an entire arena like that.
                Can't fault the neutral fans for rooting for the underdog. Miami(OH) had pretty much the entire rink in 2009. Also nice to quiet them,
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the parade. Gotta bust out of work early.

Comment

I assume 2010 was dominated by Wisconsin fans. How was 2008? Nationally, ND is hated (and loved) by more people than BC is. 2001 was great because it was in Albany. One day, BC is going to win a national title in Boston over a non-eastern team Would love to be a part of that scene.
                    2008 the BC crowd was probably only 3 corner sections of the Pepsi Center big. Michigan and Notre Dame both certainly dwarfed BC, but Denver isn't exactly a "destination" like Tampa (it snowed on Thursday and Friday) and BC was by far the furthest away.

Small in size, but pretty loud.
                    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

So what are everyone's expectations for next year? We'll obviously be set in net and I think we'll be able to reload at Forward, but I could definitely see some growing pains on D if Dumoulin splits. And what about Mark Begert; I thought he'd see more time this year but after one game, York had apparently seen enough and put him on the shelf the rest of the season.

Comment

Congrats BC!! You guys were definitely the best team, hands down. Classy group to boot.

Comment

i dont have too many take aways from 2010 or 2008 crowds probably because BC got out to leads pretty early. the RIT fans were most loud during the 2010 semifinals but were 95% all gone for saturday and then wisconsin fans didnt have a lot to cheer about then. so i wouldnt say they dominated it. overally a pretty even keeled atmosphere for the final - the building was also huge so the sound was dulled.

same with 2008, BC's travelling base was really small but the rest of the crowd didnt make a whole lot of noise because notre dame was behind for most of the game. i do remember the north dakota people were obviously all behind the fighting irish and were doing their stupid hand motions during the band's constant songs. the late goal made things a little interesting for them but again i'd say it was a fairly unemotional crowd.

Comment

How was the bc crowd in tampa?
                            There were more BC fans there than I thought there would be, especially students. Seeing it's Easter weekend, and all.

There was even the BC fan, Grant, who, when asked what BC player we should keep an eye on, by the hot in-game reporter, replied "Freshman phenom, number 13, Billy Gaudreau." Oops. The BC guys I talked to had a few laughs about that one.
                            Last edited by Boston22; 04-09-2012, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                              So what are everyone's expectations for next year? We'll obviously be set in net and I think we'll be able to reload at Forward, but I could definitely see some growing pains on D if Dumoulin splits. And what about Mark Begert; I thought he'd see more time this year but after one game, York had apparently seen enough and put him on the shelf the rest of the season.
                              Definitely a rebuilding year with the seniors gone, and juniors like Kreider and Dumoulin are rumored to be good as gone, especially Kreider.

Big void in leadership with Tommy Cross, Paul Carey, and Barry Almeida gone. You lose that upper class leadership too with Kreider and the other upperclassman in Dumoulin.

Hopefully Mullane and Wey or someone can take over as leader with their experience. I don't see Whitney as a leader but maybe I'm wrong. Then you have Arnold, Hayes, MacLeod or Parker Milner but rarely are goalies selected as a captain.

Paul Carey really came on of late with some offense and ends up with around 18 goals. Really happy for him, great way to end a senior year. 2013 is the class that infuses more talent and skill into the roster.
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

We're probably looking at a returning top six of Gaudreau, Mullane, Whitney, Arnold, Hayes and Straight. It's very difficult for me to put into words how much of a program "maintainer" Gaudreau is. He was such a difference maker in a day and age where I don't have great expectations for freshmen. For him to finish one point behind Kreider is remarkable. He truly is the ultimate x factor next year. York has some options as his top four centers should all be back.

No doubt that the questions will be on defense to start the year, but, it could be worse. Having three proven vets like Wey, Alber and MacLeod should go a long way.

They still do lose a lot of talent and it's been quite the turnover the last two years...but Gaudreau alone elevates my expectations for the team. If you look around Hockey East, I don't think you can point to one team being clearly better than BC on paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X