Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    There was even the BC fan, Grant, who, when asked what BC player we should keep an eye on, by the hot in-game reporter, replied "Freshman phenom, number 13, Billy Gaudreau." Oops. The BC I talked to had a few laughs about that one.
    I wasn't in Tampa...
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Congrats to BC. Truly a golden age which shows no signs of ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        Congrats to BC. Truly a golden age which shows no signs of ending.
        Things change but we will enjoy it while it last. Next year, I don't know, lots of shoes to fill with all the players leaving including some key juniors like Kreider and Dumoulin.

BU had their run in the 70s with 3 NCs. In the 90s BU dominated with Maine and record string of Beanpots and a NC in the 90s. Nothing is a sure thing in life but we all love college hockey here. Thanks to all gracious fans here and looking forward to another season of college hockey in October.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

^^BCeagle is a class act. Another stat- can it be that the last PP goal allowed was to BU in the first Beanpot game?

Comment

Congrats to BC!! Outstanding job, and brought the title back to Hockey East!! Way to go!!

Comment

Is Johnny Gaudreau in any way related to the former PC standout, Rob Gaudreau? I haven't heard any references, so I think not, but was just curious.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I hope to go back and read this whole thread, when I get a minute, but what kind of blows me away today is that BC fans can now make an argument that was inconceivable when I was a freshman at BC in 94-95 (York's first year), watching our team get crushed almost every game, especially by the Terriers . . . objectively, we can now make the argument that BC Hockey has currently edged ahead of BU Hockey in terms of overall historical achievement. National titles now even at 5, and you can argue that BC breaks the tie with more Frozen Four appearances and more conference tourney titles. BU certainly has a few arguments to make on its behalf, but just the fact that a reasonable and (somewhat) objective argument can now be made in BC's favor is pretty incredible. Back when I was first starting at BC, there were some games where we probably had about 1000 people in Conte (or so I remember)!

I also have to tip my hats to the BU fans who I've seen posting lately in a very reasonable and civil manner. :P

See some of you at the Heights on Tuesday.
                See you over at Eagleaction.

Comment

I think there's a whole lot of hand-wringing going on elsewhere on Comm Ave. I think most BU observers are 'hoping' that Parker sees that a regime change is in order. Problem is, he would need to announce it now or else lock himself into another year or more. He's an iconic college hockey coach to be sure, but he has been eclipsed by York this entire decade. Imagine York's stature if BC had collected that 2007 trophy that practically everyone declared they would, all else being the same.
                  Last edited by Chris_NH; 04-09-2012, 12:04 PM.
                  Chris V
                  Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                    I think there's a whole lot of hand-wringing going on elsewhere on Comm Ave. I think most BU observers are 'hoping' that Parker sees that a regime change is in order. Problem is, he would need to announce it now or else lock himself into another year or more. He's an iconic college hockey coach to be sure, but he has been eclipsed by York this entire decade. Imagine York's stature if BC had collected that 2007 trophy that practically everyone declared they would, all else being the same.
                    It's tough not to get greedy and feel like BC should have more. 1998 was another one where BC hit the crossbar, post, and then had a puck hop over Lephart's stick in OT.

At 4-4 in 8 title game appearances over this absurd run, it's tough to ask for more than .500 given the stiff competition by the time you get to this game. BUT, 2007 and 1998 stick out as missed opportunities they really could easily have taken home.

I'm thrilled with 5 for right now. And I think 6 is coming soon too!
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mook Williams View Post
                      I hope to go back and read this whole thread, when I get a minute, but what kind of blows me away today is that BC fans can now make an argument that was inconceivable when I was a freshman at BC in 94-95 (York's first year), watching our team get crushed almost every game, especially by the Terriers . . . objectively, we can now make the argument that BC Hockey has currently edged ahead of BU Hockey in terms of overall historical achievement. National titles now even at 5, and you can argue that BC breaks the tie with more Frozen Four appearances and more conference tourney titles. BU certainly has a few arguments to make on its behalf, but just the fact that a reasonable and (somewhat) objective argument can now be made in BC's favor is pretty incredible. Back when I was first starting at BC, there were some games where we probably had about 1000 people in Conte (or so I remember)!...
                      -slowly turns to window of 26th fl office.
                      Opens window.
                      J

U

M

P

S

!
                      !
                      !

-splat-

Comment

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Where is all bear?

Comment

From Patrick Brown's twitter:
                          *****https://p.twimg.com/AqDF4eQCIAATK8q.jpg******

Epic.
                          BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                          National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                          Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

What's that one in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              What's that one in the middle?
                              HE Regular season.
                              BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                              National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                              Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                                HE Regular season.
                                ****, wasn't at the clincher, but I don't remember it looking like that. Pretty snazzy.

Comment

Working...
                                X