Sweet Valentine! The saga of the 2012 Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweet Valentine! The saga of the 2012 Boston Red Sox

The Red Sox have now lost series to KC, Oakland, Baltimore and Toronto. Tampa Bay must be wondering how the hell they lost 3 of 4 to this team.

NESN went with the Bobby V version of the Beckett thing, which is that he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his season. Bobby V did say that he hadn't talked to Beckett yet because JB19 flew back to Boston ahead of his start tonight. So when it turns out that Beckett did play golf, we'll hear from Bobby V that it's no big deal. You can dry that one out and fertilize the lawn.

I feel bad for Pedroia and a little for Ortiz and Lester. They're stuck on a team with these bums. This team cannot lose enough games. Go 60-102 and expunge the Pink Hats, get ownership who cares about the game between the lines instead of selling bricks and coffee table books and singing Sweet Caroline and the team might get good again. For Will Middlebrooks' own good, I hope he gets sent back to Pawtucket when Youkilis comes off the DL. The last thing we need is for prospects to pick up the habits of these losers.

I saw someone on Twitter suggest that the next throwback jersey they wear should be the 1962 Mets. Maybe they should wear those the rest of the season.

Comment

Uh, wasn't Lester a chicken eater?

And when bobby yelled at Youk for being a no care slack, pedie got all nasty and backed his buddy teammate.

They surely ain't angels
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Uh, wasn't Lester a chicken eater?

And when bobby yelled at Youk for being a no care slack, pedie got all nasty and backed his buddy teammate.

They surely ain't angels
        Agreed on Pedroia. Valentine should have benched his @ ss for that. I like the way the guy plays, but save the comments for your slacker teammates.

If Middlebrooks keep hitting, want to see how fast Youkilis gets over his "injuries" and gets back into the lineup? This is the hardest team to root for that I've seen in years. Bunch of whiny crybabies who take time off for hangnails and cramps (?).
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

After everything else that's happened, I'm not going to hold one comment against Pedroia. I bet that comment was aimed more at the front office than Bobby V or Youkilis. Pedroia was very close to Francona.

Lester was one of the gang. But management basically said, "Beckett is your role model - do everything he does" back when Beckett played like he gave a damm. Now he's blowing off his work between starts and chugging beers in the clubhouse, so it shouldn't be a surprise that Lester is right there with him. Lester was one of my role models when I was learning to walk again (the guy came back from cancer after all) so I give him more leeway. Without Beckett's influence, I think Lester can still have a very good career. I'm just grateful Beckett wasn't like this when Lester was recovering from the cancer treatment.

Comment

After that 2-run HR that Beckett just gave up . . . the interesting thing wasn't that the boo birds were as loud as they were. The interesting thing is that the cheers were almost as loud.

Did a bunch of Indian fans invade Fenway? Or are that many people rooting against Beckett?

ETA

Must have been a random crowd mic picking up the cheers. 3rd inning now, and the boos have it.
            Last edited by amherstblackbear; 05-10-2012, 06:51 PM.
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              After that 2-run HR that Beckett just gave up . . . the interesting thing wasn't that the boo birds were as loud as they were. The interesting thing is that the cheers were almost as loud.

Did a bunch of Indian fans invade Fenway? Or are that many people rooting against Beckett?

ETA

Must have been a random crowd mic picking up the cheers. 3rd inning now, and the boos have it.
              I think the lack of fannies in the seats are a reason that the sound of the boo birds is muted. Though I tould not put it past NESN to pipe in fake crowd noises in the future, especially if this season heads towards 1962 Mets levels.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

*****https://p.twimg.com/AskrxkwCIAA7e_5.jpg:large******

Red Sox security tossed him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  *****https://p.twimg.com/AskrxkwCIAA7e_5.jpg:large******

Red Sox security tossed him out.
                  Too bad he wasn't wearing a Chelsea FC jersey.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Lester was one of the gang. But management basically said, "Beckett is your role model - do everything he does" back when Beckett played like he gave a damm. Now he's blowing off his work between starts and chugging beers in the clubhouse, so it shouldn't be a surprise that Lester is right there with him. Lester was one of my role models when I was learning to walk again (the guy came back from cancer after all) so I give him more leeway. Without Beckett's influence, I think Lester can still have a very good career. I'm just grateful Beckett wasn't like this when Lester was recovering from the cancer treatment.
                    Pro: Lester just started a charity for children's cancer.
                    Con: He called it NVRQT (never quit)

Did anyone else's sarcasm detector just go off?

Kidding aside, I think Lester's a keeper. I'm pretty much done with Beckett. Not ungrateful - he served his purpose. They won a WS. He gave us a few years of Lowell. But he's starting to overstay his welcome.
                    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Reporter: Do people have right to question why you were golfing when you skipped a start?
                      Beckett: Not on my off day

Comment

Reporter: Do people have right to question why you were golfing when you skipped a start?
                        Beckett: Not on my off day
                        word.

Comment

Can they afford to eat $40 million or so in Beckett's contract?

There is a historical parallel.... .

Henry: Can someone rid me of this pitiful pitcher?

Cut to baseball game. As Beckett is about to deliver a pitch, a group of knights (of the keyboard) descend upon Beckett and drag him from the scene stage right. Those few in the audience gasp in horror though a few can be seen nodding their heads in approval.

Cut to a scene of a parade. Sign proclaiming Houston Astro 2012 World Series Champions. Beckett in car, wearing shades receiving cheers. from mob.

Cut to scene outside Fenway Park. It is winter. John Henry is naked from the waist up and is lying face down on the steps. Lou Merloni has a switch in his hand...
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

He said he only gets 18 days off a year. Yeah, he needs to check his calendar. You get that in a season. You then have 3-4 months of doing nothing if you so choose you idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              He said he only gets 18 days off a year. Yeah, he needs to check his calendar. You get that in a season. You then have 3-4 months of doing nothing if you so choose you idiot.
                              Hey, even employed teachers collect unemployment during the summer... Becks works in the right state at least!!

Comment

For Beckett's next off day
                                *****http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3465/fenwaygolf.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                                X