Game tied 5-5 bottom of 8th
    Morales relieves Lester
    Triple
    bounce out
    Bard in
    Line out
    Intentional walk
    pop out to short

Ross homers to give the Sox a 6-5 lead. So do you bring in Aceves or leave Bard in, who was throwing gas @ 95+ to close it out?

Acevas - or AvGas to his many fans is now in.

MIRACLE!!! he saved it!!!!
    Last edited by joecct; 04-23-2012, 10:49 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Sweet Valentine! The saga of the 2012 Boston Red Sox

what happened there?? nesn was still trying to sell coffee and we missed action
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Avgas trying to give Valentine a heart attack.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Of all the second quessing that Valentine has received the choice to start Aviles at short has so far been
          a great one. With Elsbury down he done a great job filling in at leadoff
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
            Of all the second quessing that Valentine has received the choice to start Aviles at short has so far been
            a great one. With Elsbury down he done a great job filling in at leadoff
            I'm happy to see some pushback in the usually idiotic local press about blaming Valentine for everything. The guy can't go out there and pitch. Aside from apologizing for rightfully calling out the Youkilis' of the world, I don't have a problem with how the guy is managing.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Can Boston show us all up, sweep another road series, and get above .500?

Is Beckett still an ace in anyone's mind but his own?

This afternoon could be fun. Who'd have thought it a couple weeks ago?
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                Can Boston show us all up, sweep another road series, and get above .500?

Is Beckett still an ace in anyone's mind but his own?

This afternoon could be fun. Who'd have thought it a couple weeks ago?
                TONS of fun. Currently being no-hit against!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  TONS of fun. Currently being no-hit against!
                  Looks like the effect of our collective negativity had worn off until that post.

Runners on 2nd and 3rd now.

So on that note . . . at least if they lose, they won't have made Youk exert himself more than he wanted.

edit: BAM! rbi hit for Ross. Too bad Punto is next. He sucks.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

No dice this time. Unfortunately, Punto really does suck.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                      No dice this time. Unfortunately, Punto really does suck.
                      Did he show some real hustle and slide into first?
                      Ok, I crack myself up....that assumes he put a ball in play.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Remember this?

****** src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=192939" wmode="opaque" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true"/>

Visit StubHub for tickets to tonight's game. 100 tickets available for under $10 and as low as $3. 476 under $30 including seats in the infield Loge Box area.

Comment

Is this a Bridge Year?

*****http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2012/02/Bridge-To-Nowhere.jpg******
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I give Cook credit for coming back out and pitching after a nasty gash on his leg. Showed more balls than the rest of those wimps. Can't believe how lazy this team is. Can anybody on the staff pick up the team with a complete game? How about 8 innings, one earned run or something like that? Unreal.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Yesterday marked the first time both teams used position players since 1925 when Ty Cobb and George Sisler took the hill.
                              It was also the first time a Red Sox cleanup hitter went 0-8 at the plate. The low point for Gonzalez was getting struck out by a position player with two runners on and no one out. But it was God's Will, so that excuses it. Hopefully God becomes a Gonzalez fan again soon...

On the bright side, they did play Sweet Caroline to yet another *cough* sellout crowd.

Comment

My only hope for optimism is that they don't determine the playoff participants until after the last day of the season.

Priceless - The sellout "streak" is becoming a joke. I can remember when my Dad was flabbergasted that the Sox played to 90% of capacity in the late 70's. NOBODY did that back then.

The Indians are in town on Thursday night -- good seats are still available. Loge 132 Row MM $35 for 2 seats.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X