Sweet Valentine! The saga of the 2012 Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Francona did in 2010. But then again he had JF as the pitching coach, and they still missed the playoffs.

If you are Cherrington and Lucchino, do you blow the team up, or muddle through and hope the walking wounded come back in decent enough shape to make a run?
    They already in the middle of that... Half this team wasn't there in fort Myers
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Sweet Valentine! The saga of the 2012 Boston Red Sox

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Francona did in 2010. But then again he had JF as the pitching coach, and they still missed the playoffs.
      Don't blame me for their pitching!
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Don't blame me for their pitching!
        D@mn you! And a Gopher fan, to boot
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          . Buchholz is another wimp. Get him some roids already to bulk up .
          Better start hanging around with Papi in the off season
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

If you are Cherrington and Lucchino, do you blow the team up, or muddle through and hope the walking wounded come back in decent enough shape to make a run?
            Blow up the team. I don't think they're going to get anything for a lot of these players but they're a cloud hanging over the team. Go with the younger players with a couple of exceptions. Gonzales, Pedroia, and Ortiz are your veteran presense. Other that that everybody's on the table. While he's not playing bad I'd deal Saltalamacchia because you can get something for him and you already have a catching tandem in Lavarnway-Stoppach. Buy out Lackey, say thanks for nothing to Dice-K, and trade Beckett.

New lineup going forward:

C: Lavarnway/Stoppach
            1B: Gonzales
            2B: Pedroia
            SS: Aviles
            3B: Middlebrooks
            LF: Ross
            CF: Ellsbury/Nava
            RF: Sweeney
            DH: Ortiz

With this lineup the only guy you're waiting on is Ellsbury. If he can't come back on a regular basis they need to find another quality CF as that position is too important to be filled off the bench.

Pitchers: Lester-Buchholz-Doubront-Cook-Padilla

Once he straightens himself out Bard can replace Padilla in the bullpen.

What these young players need is stability. Get a half season under their belts where they're playing one position, know their role, and don't have to look over their shoulder for some high priced veteran to maybe get off the DL.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Letter from Larry to season ticket holders

Dear Season Ticket Holder:

As we cross the midpoint of our 2012 season, we thank you for your loyal support thus far. We met many of you at our new spring home, JetBlue Park at Fenway South, and renewed more acquaintances as we opened the 100th Anniversary season at Fenway Park. We sensed that the nostalgia touched you, and we hope to continue to celebrate this special anniversary from time to time throughout the year.

Our play on the field has at times tested the mettle of the faithful. It could be maddening one day, enthralling the next day. Along the way, we have seen our bullpen gel, young players emerge, and veterans lead. We have watched the team coalesce into a close group. Personalities are enhancing the chemistry, such as the cheerful Cody Ross, the friendly Mike Aviles, and the inspiring story of Daniel Nava. Jarrod Saltalamacchia has shown power, in the clutch, worthy of an All-Star. And as the talented Will Middlebrooks forced his way into the lineup, we bade farewell, with gratitude, to Kevin Youkilis, who helped us win two World Championships.

The one constant on the field has been our beloved Big Papi, David Ortiz. How thrilled we were that our gregarious leader reached the 400-home run plateau in a career that we hope will forever be with the Red Sox.

The one constant off the field is that we have had a veritable All-Star Team on the disabled list. As we begin the second half, we look forward to the return of the “varsity,” including Jacoby Ellsbury, Carl Crawford, Andrew Bailey, and the ever-dirty Dustin Pedroia.

While this infusion of such talent in late July may make other General Managers green with envy, you can be sure that Ben Cherington and his Baseball Operations Staff will approach the July 31 trading deadline with their tireless work ethic. If someone can further help this club, and if the deal makes sense, we will be aggressive. We want to play October Baseball this year.

Meanwhile, as you come to Fenway Park throughout this season, we hope you will come early—the secret to fully enjoying a sports venue. Now “A Living Museum,” Fenway Park probably leads the league in bronze plaques and commemorative displays along the concourses. Enjoy them at your leisure early, well before the escalation of excitement as game time approaches. And as always, if you have reactions, suggestions, or ideas that will make the ballpark experience even better, we invite you to send them to fanfeedback@redso*****.

By the way, if we’re in your neighborhood for a visit during “Acts of Kindness Month” this month, please come over and say hello. We enjoy listening to you, and we enjoy talking baseball with you. We’re your biggest fans. So, on behalf of John Henry, Tom Werner, our partners, and our entire organization, we thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you at Fenway Park.

Keep the Faith,

Larry Lucchino

Comment

Suicide prevention squad monitoring approaches to Tobin Bridge
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It's official. The season's over. Even Wally had jumped ship.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2012...5rI/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                    It's official. The season's over. Even Wally had jumped ship.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2012...5rI/story.html
                    Police are checking reports of a gorilla in the vicinity of Fenway Park.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Sports of Boston reporting that Carl Crawford has been put on waivers.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Sports of Boston reporting that Carl Crawford has been put on waivers.
                        At this time of year EVERY player goes on waivers.
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

well it looks like the Sox will drop 3 in a row to the Twins. AvGas gives up 4 in the 9th.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Boston.com is reporting that Johnny Pesky died.

This season sucks.

Comment

Just heard that on the radio too.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Anyone think this club will be in the playoffs??
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X