2012-2013 SUNYAC Thoughts.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012-2013 SUNYAC Thoughts.....

As much as Id love to agree to a Laker downfall, untill the Campus Center burns down, students get locked out, and the $$$$ stops flowing you will be hard pressed to see the Lakers fighting for their lives. There is no rebuilding at Oswego, its reloading. What happened the last time Oswego had so many freshman? It was the only year in recent times they didnt choke as the #1 seed and won the SUNYAC.

Ive been told that some recruits have shied away from Oswego because of their lack of winning big games...stikl a top place to play hockey but their record in playoff/tournament games is NOT something you would expect out of an elitr program. We hear it every year...oh its just the SUNYAC, its just the SUNYAC...if this senior class doesnt get it done next year it will probably go down as the biggest underachieving class ever. As much as they "walk" through the regular season to go 1-3 would be a failure. Winning a NC would erase some sure, but there is a lot of pressure on Oswego in 2012-2013.....they havnt done to well in pressure times. Thats probably the most talented group of players in a four year span arguably in all of DIII top to bottom. They might not have the flashy 50 point scorer but defensivly, offensivly, and over all team wise Id put those players over the 4 years up against any team.
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Remy, what's your rationale for putting Geneseo 6th in the league? You acknowledge they were injury plagued this year but that they still managed to finish 4th. Have they lost that much talent to graduation where you expect them to finish worse next year under better circumstances, or do you expect the injury problems to continue? I'm not challenging your judgment, since you saw them play more games last year than I did, but I am curious where your evaluation is coming from.
      #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
        Remy, what's your rationale for putting Geneseo 6th in the league? You acknowledge they were injury plagued this year but that they still managed to finish 4th. Have they lost that much talent to graduation where you expect them to finish worse next year under better circumstances, or do you expect the injury problems to continue? I'm not challenging your judgment, since you saw them play more games last year than I did, but I am curious where your evaluation is coming from.
        If they do finish 6th they will probably be the best 6th place team in any conference. You have to look at a few things

The top 3 are pretty stable so it comes down to Fredonia and Potsdam. Potsdam, tho loses Sy, retains a lot. Im a little more hesitant now with McFarland gone but I will stick with the picks. Fredonia really only loses Ross(big loss yes). Geneseo I think loses way too much defensivly. Scags Yard and Powers....and Gershon....eek. Toss that is with Decosse, Arduin, and Redlick. Geneseo was 2-3 vs Fredonia and Potsdam being outscored 12-19. Those 2 wins were both 1 goal games in whichcould have gone either way. Geneseo could have been 1-4 or 0-5. Again I think it comes down to who loses how much and whats left over between all three. Genese could very well end up 3rd I think its that close 4-6. Keep in mind I had Geneseo at #1 last year and look what happened. Maybe 6th will have the reverse outcome.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          Again like I posted in the other thread, the past 5 years under Baldarotta have been some of the best hockey seasons at Cortland. Losing and Cortland kind of go hand in hand. I think the admin is content with it as they've proven over and over and over through the years. Until someone higher up at the school stands up and says "let's make Cortland a hockey school too...", winning 2 games is the same as winning 10-12 games in the conference....they just don't care.
          Exactly.

What people don't understand with Cortland is they are located in a perfect spot to recruit in all sports but hockey. And since it's so easy to recruit very successfully in all sports but hockey, why should the school spend a bunch of extra money for one sport when every other sport is able to do it for a lot less money.

The school doesn't care to make the extra effort to improve hockey. They have plenty of other sports that put the school on the map, especially Lacrosse. They are content with that.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

1. OSWEGO STATE LAKERS
            1ST 14-0-2 (24-4-2)
            BIG WINS: PLATTSBURGH (3-0), AMHERST NC (2-1OT)
            SENIORS: 5 – BOOTS, VAN BOXMEER, MATHER, ANDERSON
            RETURNING: WHITELAW, RODRIGUES, MOODIE, HARE
            [QUOTE=PSUChamps2001;5422572]
            Originally posted by mdmadison View Post

Boots
            Van Box
            Mather
            Anderson
            Beckwith

looks like five to me..... :-)
            Agree but not what was in the original post.

Comment

[QUOTE=mdmadison;5425690]

Agree but not what was in the original post.
              if you look I dont list ALL seniors...just notables
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I'll take a Stab at how I think this season will play out

Top 2 is kind of a toss-up for me, Platty brought in some good recruits, but Oswego is returning with 15 seniors who've been to the FF 3 times in a row, so experience makes me lean towards Oswego

1. Oswego
                2. Plattsburgh

3 and 4 is also a toss-up with some good recruiting

3. Buff State
                4. Geneseo

5. Potsdam
                6. Fredonia
                7. Brockport

Bottom of the Barrel

8. Cortland
                9. Morrisville
                http://www.patriottreeco.com