Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Golf Season - No matter how you slice it, it's still fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I think it'll be Tiger. He's due and he's got the game to do it, its only a matter of time before he puts it together again.
    He is playing tremendously smart as well. I think in the 1st round he only hit the big stick 3 times. On one hole (4 or 5 maybe) he hit 2i off the tee, 4i from 230 and change. Phil and Bubba were consistently outdriving him by 80 yards or so, but he's the one playing on Sat and Sun in contention.

Comment

• Re: 2012 Golf Season - No matter how you slice it, it's still fun.

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      He is playing tremendously smart as well. I think in the 1st round he only hit the big stick 3 times. On one hole (4 or 5 maybe) he hit 2i off the tee, 4i from 230 and change. Phil and Bubba were consistently outdriving him by 80 yards or so, but he's the one playing on Sat and Sun in contention.
      Those short slider putts these guys keep missing could really add some nerve-racking drama on Sunday down the stretch.

Comment

Tiger keeps finding the fairway but has had some awful approach shots so far.

Comment

17-year old Beau Hossler tells Costas that at +3 going into Sunday he thinks he can win it.
          Good for him.
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Tiger keeps finding the fairway but has had some awful approach shots so far.
            He seems to enjoy playing in the sand...too bad he has stunk in the sand all tourny. (his putting aint exactly great either)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It is hard to hit a wedge with your hands around your throat there Tigger
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                He seems to enjoy playing in the sand...too bad he has stunk in the sand all tourny. (his putting aint exactly great either)
                He actually had a couple sand saves that I recall today at least, but you're right his putting is not what it was and because of it squandered 2-3 strokes at least because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  He actually had a couple sand saves that I recall today at least, but you're right his putting is not what it was and because of it squandered 2-3 strokes at least because of it.
                  I think going into the final few holes he was 2-7 on sand saves. His partner Furyk was 6-6 I do believe.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The wind is up at Olympic.

This is gonna be fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      The wind is up at Olympic.

This is gonna be fun to watch!
                      and fog. I'm wondering if carnage will be the word of the day.

Oh has anyone seen this: http://www.csgnetwork.com/golfclubdistancecalce.html and want to comment on its accuracy?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

For me with a 195 5-iron, it seems pretty close for the irons...

The woods are significantly short though.... They list a 5-wood at only 230 and on good days I can roll that 250-260.... I can hit a 19* Hybrid 240.... Currently hitting an outdated Callaway Steelhead III+ 3-wood about 275... My drives are also a bit longer, but they were in the ballpark... I currently hit my R-11 about 290 and they listed 281... There are times where I can touch 300 as well...

If you are looking to lock down distances, a good way to do this would to find a place with an indoor simulator and just hit 15-20 balls with each iron... Take notes and find an average... This gives you a good baseline with zero variables... Obviously the next step is learning how to account for things like temp, wind, and elevation changes, but that is something that takes time...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

LOLTiger.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            LOLTiger.
                            He's just setting us up for later... I mean Dale Jr. won the NASCAR race, so Tiger MUST win the US Open

All in all, the course is very playable... Nerves are gonna take their toll on the players though... You can already see it in guys like Hossler and Tiger...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Westwood would be okay if he could refrain from leaving his ball in cypress trees.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                and fog. I'm wondering if carnage will be the word of the day.

Oh has anyone seen this: http://www.csgnetwork.com/golfclubdistancecalce.html and want to comment on its accuracy?
                                The yardages for me are pretty accurate....if on my game

Comment

Working...
                                X