Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Golf Season - No matter how you slice it, it's still fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Golf Season - No matter how you slice it, it's still fun.

Happy US Open Week

I'm really hoping that Olympic plays just like it did back in 1998... Playing "Putt-Putt" golf on the 17th was cool

In reality though, I do want to see the final score around Par... I look forward to this tournament to bringing the tour pros to their knees... Last year with Rory at -17 was a major letdown...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      Happy US Open Week

I'm really hoping that Olympic plays just like it did back in 1998... Playing "Putt-Putt" golf on the 17th was cool

In reality though, I do want to see the final score around Par... I look forward to this tournament to bringing the tour pros to their knees... Last year with Rory at -17 was a major letdown...
      I lived for three years in the Bay Area, though not in the City. How does the weather move in and out at Olympic? Can the later tee times expect different weather from the morning starts?

Comment

Gawd, how I hate this game!

Played my staff match play tournament opener on Sunday, didn't win a hole, lost 7 and 6 and wound up shooting in triple digits.

Today, in the rain, posted a birdie, 7 pars, 7 bogies, a double and a triple. Hit all but two fairways and just two three-putts and wound up with 84.

Not great, but certainly better than the weekend.
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Playing this course tomorrow. If I get close to 100 I will be happy. This sucker is long and my fairway woods and short game need to get better.

Oh and my drives are getting unpredictable. When its going good, 200 down the middle or with a slight fade. When its going bad, 175 way right. We're playing white tees BTW.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Playing this course tomorrow. If I get close to 100 I will be happy. This sucker is long and my fairway woods and short game need to get better.

Oh and my drives are getting unpredictable. When its going good, 200 down the middle or with a slight fade. When its going bad, 175 way right. We're playing white tees BTW.
            It's not everyday you get the chance to play a 7300 yard course!

I've got my scoring average back down to 76. Hoping to get it to a 72 by the end of summer and that would qualify me for tryouts. I think my biggest problem is in my head. When I have a good round going, I am fully aware of it and tend to get a few shots ahead of myself. Any tips from more experienced golfers on handling emotions on the course?

Comment

two day two-man best ball at crumpin fox this weekend. a quick chance to redeem my putting from this past weekend.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well got to the course, and the pro told me to play the Gold tees -- one because that's what the senior league plays and two because the course was going to be crowded @ twilight time. I went from thinking I was playing 6300 yards to playing 5200.

Shot a 95. I also cranked a 240 yard drive. Then flubbed the short irons, and 3 putted a 367 yard hole for a 6. The golf gods do not pride.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Well got to the course, and the pro told me to play the Gold tees -- one because that's what the senior league plays and two because the course was going to be crowded @ twilight time. I went from thinking I was playing 6300 yards to playing 5200.

Shot a 95. I also cranked a 240 yard drive. Then flubbed the short irons, and 3 putted a 367 yard hole for a 6. The golf gods do not pride.
                  Sux to play the senior tees don't it?

Sounds like this is a fun tournament!
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Gulp, 114 at the SLU course today. Anything inside of about 100 yards was an adventure. However, crushing a 300 yard drive on 16 will make me go back and play again I guess. Had to carry a creek out around 230 or 240, at that point in the round losing another ball was the least of my worries

Comment

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/8c4efccf.jpg******
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Gulp, 114 at the SLU course today. Anything inside of about 100 yards was an adventure. However, crushing a 300 yard drive on 16 will make me go back and play again I guess. Had to carry a creek out around 230 or 240, at that point in the round losing another ball was the least of my worries
                        have you played Potsdam? I was thinking about getting up there and playing both courses during reunion.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Now this is more like a US Open. I don't think Michael Thompson will get to 16 under par. I've got Tiger winning at 4 under.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            have you played Potsdam? I was thinking about getting up there and playing both courses during reunion.
                            Have never played Potsdam. Mostly Massena and Waddington, yesterday was my first loop at SLU, played Partridge Run (Canton) when I was younger. That's it for the 18 hole courses around NNY that I have played.

Comment

Go Hossler. I would be cool with Furyk too, though I am betting it will be a new guy (as in no majors) and probably someone we havent really heard of. My guess for winning score is -3. Saturday is probably going to be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                                Go Hossler. I would be cool with Furyk too, though I am betting it will be a new guy (as in no majors) and probably someone we havent really heard of. My guess for winning score is -3. Saturday is probably going to be tough.
                                I think it'll be Tiger. He's due and he's got the game to do it, its only a matter of time before he puts it together again.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X