Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Golf Season - No matter how you slice it, it's still fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Re warming up: I follow the same procedure as mookie, except I usually don't even look at the practice green. Take 3-4 practice swings on the tee box and let 'er rip.

Re the snake: Move the **** thing, ya pansy.
    I did.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 2012 Golf Season - No matter how you slice it, it's still fun.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      On schedule? Or ahead I schedule? (June 5th'ish, right?)
      Should be good to go. I'm not swinging without fear yet but I'm hopeful I can get the rust off of my game.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        Should be good to go. I'm not swinging without fear yet but I'm hopeful I can get the rust off of my game.
        chip and putt, chip and putt.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          i'm swinging with fear!!

took a ten on a par 5 today. tripled a par 3 of 140 yds. doubled another of 151y. altogether yuck!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            i'm swinging with fear!!

took a ten on a par 5 today. tripled a par 3 of 140 yds. doubled another of 151y. altogether yuck!!
            And I thought I was the only one capable of that. If I played it smarter I may have gotten a 7.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              i'm swinging with fear!!

And yet, your index is still 6.2! Sandbagger.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                And yet, your index is still 6.2! Sandbagger.
                What is a reverse sandbagger (other than IDIOT!)

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  And I thought I was the only one capable of that. If I played it smarter I may have gotten a 7.
                  Oh, you ain't the only one. As the assistant pro at the PSU course says, it's a loft problem.
                  Lack
                  Of
                  *+%ing
                  Talent
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    Oh, you ain't the only one. As the assistant pro at the PSU course says, it's a loft problem.
                    Lack
                    Of
                    *+%ing
                    Talent
                    And got another 10 yesterday!!! Put the tee shot 40 yards out and then got frustrated away to a three putt green. Temper, temper!! If I got that down to a 6 and chipped/putted a bit better, I would have broken 100. 3 trips to the course have been 100, 110, 109 (69.0 / 121).

Etiquette question -- when you are the worst golfer in the group, what do you do? For the last 2 times it has not been close. The others shot in the 80's and I am struggling to hit 100. I just keep plugging and hope they understand that I am trying and hope they don't get too upset when I screw up shots.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Etiquette question -- when you are the worst golfer in the group, what do you do? For the last 2 times it has not been close. The others shot in the 80's and I am struggling to hit 100. I just keep plugging and hope they understand that I am trying and hope they don't get too upset when I screw up shots.
                      hit when it's your turn.. when you get on the green continuous putting to hole out and get out of the way (as long as you don't step in anyone's line). it's ok to pick up when you are putting for 7,8,9 and gimme yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        hit when it's your turn.. when you get on the green continuous putting to hole out and get out of the way (as long as you don't step in anyone's line). it's ok to pick up when you are putting for 7,8,9 and gimme yourself.
                        It's important to have fun too. Enjoy being out there and don't get wound up when you hit a bad shot. I'm sure whoever you are with understands that you are trying to get better.

I'm starting to play again for the first time in like eight years and it certainly can be trying at times. I have my index down to 17.3 already which I'm happy about.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I finally got out to play my first round of the season yesterday and my game is as bipolar as ever. On one hole I can look like Bubba Watson (300+ yard drive, cutting the corner of a dogleg, a chip and a tap-in birdie) and the next I look like a ******** monkey with a iron stick and proceed to shank 2 into the river, overshoot the green and 3 putt. So **** inconsistent.
                          Last edited by bigblue_dl; 05-29-2012, 03:51 PM.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I finally got out to play my first round of the season yesterday and my game is as bipolar as every. On one hole I can look like Bubba Watson (300+ yard drive, cutting the corner of a dogleg, a chip and a tap-in birdie) and the next I look like a ******** monkey with a iron stick and proceed to shank 2 into the river, overshoot the green and 3 putt. So **** inconsistent.
                            I know the feeling. Last week in league play I couldn't hit a shot right to save my life and hit triple-digits. Today I had 8 pars and was 20 shots lower. Probably could have knocked another five or six shots if some putts had fallen.

My brother sent me a copy of his recent scorecard - started with a snowman 8 then wound up with a 74.
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

shot 71 saturday. had 5 birdies. could have shot 65 (missed five putts under 6 ft). reverted back to the norm with rounds of 80 and 83 sunday and monday.

Comment

long day at the golf course today.... the month has come to a close and i see i posted 14 18h rounds. not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X