Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Golf Season - No matter how you slice it, it's still fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Golf Season - No matter how you slice it, it's still fun.

Next week I'm going to be hitting the Rocketballz driver..everyone I know loves it.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Next week I'm going to be hitting the Rocketballz driver..everyone I know loves it.
      I don't know about the driver, but I couldn't hit the RBZ irons at all with any level of consistency.
      04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
      USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
      I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
      Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
      I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
        I don't know about the driver, but I couldn't hit the RBZ irons at all with any level of consistency.
        If you don't mind, what's your handicap? and which irons (model) did you hit?
        AF 99

Comment

If you don't mind, what's your handicap? and which irons (model) did you hit?
          18 (hold the jokes please people!). I hit the RBZ with both a stiff and regular flex steel shaft. Not sure if there was a more specific model.

Did get to the range last night for a practice session with the new irons. Had 2 large buckets of balls and at first, as I expected, I wasn't really hitting them all that stellar. Made a few minor adjustments to my grip, which has probably been dogging me all season so far, and started hitting some pure iron shots with a nice draw to them.

Really liking the hybrids too, I set a few balls up just outside of the hitting area at the range in some rough-type grass and was crushing the ball from there. Now I want to get out and play a round, see if I can take these corrections to the course.
          Last edited by ajoyce02; 05-01-2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
            18 (hold the jokes please people!). I hit the RBZ with both a stiff and regular flex steel shaft. Not sure if there was a more specific model.

Did get to the range last night for a practice session with the new irons. Had 2 large buckets of balls and at first, as I expected, I wasn't really hitting them all that stellar. Made a few minor adjustments to my grip, which has probably been dogging me all season so far, and started hitting some pure iron shots with a nice draw to them.

Really liking the hybrids too, I set a few balls up just outside of the hitting area at the range in some rough-type grass and was crushing the ball from there. Now I want to get out and play a round, see if I can take these corrections to the course.
            I haven't really had time to look into it, but I just kind of assumed there would be a RBZ tour style and a player performance style, and if you were hitting the tours, they'd be a lot tougher to hit.
            AF 99

Comment

played wannamoisett cc yesterday.. spectacular golf club. wonderful course. love it. loveitloveitloveit!!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I haven't really had time to look into it, but I just kind of assumed there would be a RBZ tour style and a player performance style, and if you were hitting the tours, they'd be a lot tougher to hit.
                For what's it's worth, one of my qualifications for a club of ease of hitting and the guy said these were among the easier to hit irons on the market. Just didn't seem to mesh with me for whatever reason.

Comment

Got this today via an email from the Philly PGA:

Earlier this week we informed the Membership that one of our golf shops was robbed of six TaylorMade R11s driver heads, and one RBZ driver head, when two people of interest took the golf clubs into the dressing room, and removed the heads with their own personal tool. Well, another facility has been hit with this same type of theft and two Callaway club heads were stolen leaving behind the shafts.
                  Apparently the State College Dick's Sporting Goods was recently hit as well. Bastiches need to be whipped with the shafts they left behind!
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Anyone have pro/cons of playing with yellow golf balls? I hit one this AM in hazy weather off the tee. Felt like a crushed it but never picked up the ball at all off the tee and lost the darn ball. I went out 200 yards and walked both sides of the fairway and rough for 20 yards (220 is just about my max) and no ball.

So I went to the next tee and yep, the darn ball was tough to pick up. Do I need new glasses???

Oh yea - the hybrids. I gained 40 yards in hitting a 3H vs. a 3I. I seem to have better control of my irons too. But every once in a while my 3H does strange things. I swear to heaven that I lined up correctly and darn if the shot did not go off in a wonderful 45 degree angle to my left. It was pretty - nice loft, nice velocity. Just went straight into a dense forest. Oh it was a yellow Titleist.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Yellow balls..for me, yuck.

So much of golf stuff is preference and how you play with the stuff, so ultimately that's your call.
                      AF 99

Comment

I don't know anyone that uses colored balls, except for some girls that use pink ones. Stick to white.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          I don't know anyone that uses colored balls, except for some girls that use pink ones. Stick to white.
                          FWIW, I work at a Golf Club, and I don't know that any male members use anything but white balls.
                          AF 99

Comment

Pro: Visibility
                            Con: Looks Ridiculous

I was in a head-to-head tournament several years ago and my opponent played a yellow Top Flight. I wrote him off as a hack and he beat me 5 and 4. Never judge a golfer by the color of his balls

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              FWIW, I work at a Golf Club, and I don't know that any male members use anything but white balls.
                              You work at Augusta National?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I actually switched over to the yellow NXT Tour S for this season...

In addition to the softer feel, I think I can follow the ball a little easier, especially when against a hazy or cloudy sky...
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X