2011 Poser Of The Year Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Poser Of The Year Election

It's that time once again for Poser Of The Year! Polls will be up later this weekend, as the nominee list is currently being formed.

I do have one major announcement to make:

This will be the last year I put this together. It was a good run, but it's time to move on. However, as CommAvHusky handed the "commissioner" role to me, I will be taking applications, via email through here, from any individuals who wish to take over this operation. Hopefully someone is willing to step up.

FAQ's about PoTY:

1. What is a poser?

That is up to the voter to decide. A poser can be someone who creates a stir just to troll, someone who doesn't take anything on here seriously, etc. There really is no definition for the purpose of this election.

2. Who is eligible?

The Top 100 active posters (best to my memory; Board is NOT included for obvious reasons). While I don't research every single poster, I'm on here enough to get it close enough. Mistakes have been made, and no doubt a mistake will be made this year.

3. How are groups determined?

There are formulas that are used to place posters in groups. It is NOT up to the whim of the commissioner (me) to put whoever in whatever group.

4. Is winning the election good or bad?

Depends on who you ask. Some want to win (ex: Dude Love), while others do not want to win (ex: me).

5. Is "campaigning" allowed?

It's frowned upon, but it is not forbidden.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Re: 2011 Poser Of The Year Election

2012?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      2012?
      No, this is for the person who was the biggest poser in the year 2011. Think of it as the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl was held in 2012, but it's for the 2011 season.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

If mookie is eligible I predict a landslide. He has run a near flawless campaign already.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The first round of groups have been completed. They will start showing up in the polls sections during the next hour.....

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            No, this is for the person who was the biggest poser in the year 2011. Think of it as the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl was held in 2012, but it's for the 2011 season.
            So Poser Of The Year MMXI?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

All groups are up. IMO, there is one standout group that is the "death" group. Some heavy hitters in there...

Comment

All groups are up. IMO, there is one standout group that is the "death" group. Some heavy hitters in there...
                Hockey RAST! Group
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

In which group is Zsa Zsa?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    Hockey RAST! Group
                    I was looking at the B1G Mistake.

Comment

Why isn't the Futile Four on anymore?
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Remember don't add the "t" to Poser.
                        How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          If mookie is eligible I predict a landslide. He has run a near flawless campaign already.
                          He's trying too hard. I won't be voting for him for that reason.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            Why isn't the Futile Four on anymore?
                            Because Brent is running the show.
                            How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

I was looking at the B1G Mistake.
                              It's definitely B1G Mistake, with Hockey RAST! coming in a close second.

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              He's trying too hard. I won't be voting for him for that reason.
                              The way in which he's doing it was enough for me to pull the lever.

Comment

Working...
                              X