Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Womens Worlds In Burlington 4/7 - 4/14 Who's Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Womens Worlds In Burlington 4/7 - 4/14 Who's Going?

Border War: When the United States and Canada women's hockey teams meet, sparks fly

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...eet-sparks-fly

"There's some nasty stuff that goes on out there," Gilligan said.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Will the new UVM coach be there?

Comment

I'll be there!
        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

I stand corrected on my Buckeyes. Minttu Tuominen will be suiting up for Team Finland and Annie Svedin will be suiting up for Team Sweden. I'll be there in my OSU hockey sweaters supporting five current/former Buckeyes. Look for the couple with Ohio State hockey sweaters setting in section 25. We'd love to meet some other USCHO members! Here's to safe travel for everyone! We're looking at a 12-hour drive from Ohio, but we'll be fine. Cannot wait to get there! Been looking forward to this for a long time!

Comment

Buffalo Wild Wings
            Phone: 802-489-5083
            555 Shelburne Road
            BURLINGTON, VT 05401

Can't say I'm a great fan of the food, but it's a good place for a group to meet~
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
              Buffalo Wild Wings
              Phone: 802-489-5083
              555 Shelburne Road
              BURLINGTON, VT 05401

Can't say I'm a great fan of the food, but it's a good place for a group to meet~
              Can't miss the place. It is right at the junction of Route 7, and I-189, about two miles from Gutterson.

Comment

The Women's Worlds In Burlington , Who's Going?

Can Tell you Who's Going , More then likely small crowds and no new Women Hockey fans..
                The Location has to be one of the worst to travel to by Air ? Expensive and remote , but nice for the players and coaches..
                Grow the sport and make the location better..

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey it's only a Game View Post
                  The Women's Worlds In Burlington , Who's Going?

Can Tell you Who's Going , More then likely small crowds and no new Women Hockey fans..
                  The Location has to be one of the worst to travel to by Air ? Expensive and remote , but nice for the players and coaches..
                  Grow the sport and make the location better..
                  Well, I did happen to check air fare and it is definitely expensive to travel to Burlington, so I agree with you on that. Not sure about the small crowds as we ordered tickets a couple months ago and got seats in the end zone. I guess we'll see when we get there. I'll be the first to admit that I selfishly wish it was closer to my home here in central Ohio, but I have heard nothing but good things about Gutterson, and with Burlington not being a huge city, I don't anticipate the traffic problems you can encounter in the big cities. I don't doubt that there may be better locations for this, but I am actually looking forward to my first ever trip to the state of Vermont and New England. We're just going up there for the Medal Games. I actually wish we could be there for the entire week as I like to explore places I have never been to.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                    Can't miss the place. It is right at the junction of Route 7, and I-189, about two miles from Gutterson.
                    Hux, it would be cool if a bunch of us could meet up there, maybe Friday night when Mrs 86 and I pull into town. I'm all in! We'll have the gps fired up so we won't have any trouble finding places.

Comment

I'll be there on opening day for the Slovakia-Sweden matchup (looking forward to seeing Tomcikova holding down the fort) and the USA-Canada nightcap. Check out this link if you have never been to the Gut and you want to see what the view from your seat might look like...you can zoom, pan left or right, and there are multiple views (see lower left to change to a different camera spot). It looks like view 4 must be a goalie-cam with a slapper to the cage - nothing but rubber in sight

http://uvmathletics.com/sports/2010/...608102351.aspx
                      THINK PINK
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                        Hux, it would be cool if a bunch of us could meet up there, maybe Friday night when Mrs 86 and I pull into town. I'm all in! We'll have the gps fired up so we won't have any trouble finding places.
                        I'm sure we can arrange a gathering at one of the local watering holes....there are certainly plenty to be found.

Comment

I'm sure we can arrange a gathering at one of the local watering holes....there are certainly plenty to be found.
                          Sounds great! Thanks Whoop87 for that link on Gutterson. With an arena that size, doesn't seem like there will be any bad seats in the house.
                          Last edited by osualum86; 04-05-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

UND has 5 in the tourney. Crazy to think...

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Regular Season Champions:
                            WCHA Playoff Champions:
                            NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
                            NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

The only note of warning I'd have is that that area can be messy traffic wise during afternoon rush hour. It is right at the location were a stub of the I-89 dumps onto a regular street right in a mall type district. Not a good direct way to get there from Gutterson either, as you cannoy connect to the I-189 via spear street. Another note of warning....Do not speed in the area on Spear street just south of Gutterson. It's 25MPH and often enforced.

On the good news side, for the athletic types out there, a lot of great cycling and running trails, both heading south of campus along Spear and along lake Champlain. (One way to work off that Wing food ).

Comment

Stopped in to the Gutterson last night and final preparations for the tournament are in full swing.

UVM is really doing its best to put its best foot forward with this and judging from what I witnessed last night, it will be a well-run tournament.

Can't wait for Saturday!
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X