Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sons of Vaval View Post
    By the way, all hockey discussion occurs on the Holy Cross board: http://s2.excoboard.com/Crossports/33739
    Hey, SOV, you should cross-post some of your HC board stuff here about the home and home games this weekend.

BTW, the funniest post that I have ever read on this forum was titled "Who is Holy Cross, and what kind of a team will they bring to Lake Whitt" or something like that on the UNH season thread four years ago, I believe. I have searched for it without success; if anyone can find this post, I would love to read it again.

Comment

• Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Unfortunately, I don't think the archives go back before 2009. Otherwise, I'd check it out. I vaguely recall reading the comments about that HC @ UNH tilt in December of '08 as I did the color commentary that season for HC, and we made the trek to Durham for the game.

I'll try and bring over some more commentary, but the majority is on Crossports since that's where all of my purple brothers are.

Should be a really entertaining series this weekend. Hoping for a sweep...but probably will be a split.

Comment

On the AHA pick 'em thread, the majority chose split with home team winning, but a few chose Crusader sweep. Wicked important games for both teams.

Comment

Ok folks big weekend in college hockey, especially in the AHA. Looks like we're headed for a venerable demolition derby down the stretch again.

Fast fact - Bentley has NEVER taken 3 points or more from Holy Cross over a given weekend since reclassifying to D1.

Here's your game prep for the weekend:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...he-holy-cross/
          Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Not sure if you all knew this, but Bill Eiserman has committed to Bentley for 2014. He'll come in as a RS Junior, transferring from Lowell. Currently playing for Chicago in the USHL.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Not sure if you all knew this, but Bill Eiserman has committed to Bentley for 2014. He'll come in as a RS Junior, transferring from Lowell. Currently playing for Chicago in the USHL.
              Thanks for this! Hopefully we can get a scouting report on him. Any word on why he left Lowell?
              Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                Thanks for this! Hopefully we can get a scouting report on him. Any word on why he left Lowell?
                Honestly, I think it was playing time. He didn't get much last year as a freshmen, and Lowell added a few frosh this year on the blueline.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Sorry that I missed the fine 4-1 win by the Falcons at Hart Rink on Friday night.

Comment

Not entirely a bad weekend. I thought Bentley outplayed Holy Cross on Saturday but were ultimately undone by an inability to bury the puck. If Bentley's a .275 hitter hitting 42 homers a seasno, this was one of those 1-for-4 nights when they hit a moonshot homer in the 2nd inning then struck out with the winning run in scoring position in the 7th and 9th.

I don't think this is a bad team, and I liked what I said. Holy Cross is not particularly great; they're good, but it's like watching a doppelganger for the Falcons. Their defense takes shifts off, and the goalie has game-breaking ability. If anything, Bentley's goalies are decidedly better; and I'd like Bentley to get another crack at them on neutral ice in Rochester.

That said, the standings still have Bentley in 4th, but Mercyhurst has 2 games in hand and Canisius took 2 points from the Lakers to put breath down the Falcons neck. Air Force is right back. I'll have full recap hopefully today.

Some great coverage planned for this week; sorry for the lapse in coverage last week; I was moving out to the Waltham area (Ironically enough, I now live near Bentley, by sheer coincidence.) Podcasts are upcoming.

On a side note, I'm happy to report that I've received some great feedback from the Falcons fans and others regarding our coverage of the games during the week and the new streaming audio. I'm glad that everyone's been enjoying it, and I'm really looking forward to some great interactions down the stretch, both on the air and off. After 4 years of undergrad down at UMass-Dartmouth and now 5 years up here calling games at the JAR, I'm very proud of the way the fans carry themselves. Great base.

Will not be going to Niagara this weekend, just as an fyi.

Comment

Nice article about Gensler on CHN.
                      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Nice article about Gensler on CHN.
                        Gensler only has 5 pts (2 G, 3 A) in the eight games since the break. I have been out of the country, so along with other conflicts I only saw the Northeastern game in which Gensler had two of those assists. My sense in watching that game was that the Huskies were expending way too much energy worrying about Gensler, allowing his teammates to explode for the net. Not sure if this observation applies to any of the other seven games. However, based on the box scores, the Falcons have become an incredibly well balanced scoring team so far in the second half, even if their GPG has dropped a bit. Here is the scoring breakdown for the past eight games, which I think shows great promise for the Falcons down the stretch. Would be fine to pick up a point or two this coming weekend at Niagara, but as Gensler points out in the CHN interview the goal is getting to Rochester for the AHA tourney, and all the Falcons need to do is take care of business against the four weaker teams in the eastern pod to ensure a bye in the first round and home ice in the second round. Also, they need to continue their disciplined play and stay out of the penalty box, which has paid huge dividends so far this season.

G, A, Pts
                        Gensler, 2, 3, 5
                        Gladiuk, 3, 7. 10
                        Switzer, 4, 5, 9
                        Grieve, 3, 5, 8
                        Breton, 4, 3, 7
                        Hartung, 3, 1, 4
                        Bacon, 1, 2, 3
                        Rickord, 1, 2, 3
                        Campanelli, 2, 0, 2
                        Kubiak, 0, 2, 2
                        Fitzstephens, 0, 1, 1

subtotal, forwards, 23, 31, 54

Weinstein, 1, 6, 7
                        Bloomquist, 1, 2, 3
                        O'Brien, 0, 3, 3
                        Marginsky, 1, 0, 1
                        Ledford, 0, 1, 1
                        Reardon, 0, 1, 1

subtotal, D-men, 3, 13, 16

Total, 26, 44, 70

GPG = 3.25

5 W, 3 L
                        Last edited by Snively65; 01-28-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

So I ended up falling behind by a few days because I got whacked with being sick this week.

Here's the report card for the Holy Cross weekend:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...rd-holy-cross/

Comment

Here's the game preps for this weekend: what are we expecting y'all?

http://wp.me/p1Of6y-B4

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                              Here's the game preps for this weekend: what are we expecting y'all?

http://wp.me/p1Of6y-B4
                              Niagara is only one PWR point out of 16th place, so would be close to winning a NCCA bid without the AHA autoseed for winning the tourney. Carson Chubak has been awesome in net. But, I like how Bentley is putting shots on the net from all four lines. Also, Weinstein has been great moving the puck through the neutral zone. I am thinking two very close games this weekend in Niagara Falls.

Comment

I stopped in Utica for Utica college tickets yest and saw Bentley practicing in the Utica aud. Assistant coach told me they always stop and skate there on the way to Niagara. Interesting and GL with Niagara this weekend.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X