Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Elections - Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Elections - Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death....

Just because a conservative web site, think tank or newspaper states something doesnt make it a fact...just saying
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Just because a conservative web site, think tank or newspaper states something doesnt make it a fact...just saying
      I fully realize that, but it doesn't make it wrong either. When the major media organizations refuse to follow certain stories you are often forced to use sources that have a political tilt. I am skeptical of items in the New York Times due to its political leanings, but I don't automatically discount them.
      "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
        I am skeptical of items in the New York Times due to its political leanings, but I don't automatically discount them.
        I discount them. O'Reilly told me to.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This is kind of like watching a boxing match in which I don't really care who wins......

If Romney can refrain from responding to Obama's attacks and merely be Johnny One-Note, he might have a puncher's chance, as they say....

From any news story reporting his (Romney's) speech yesterday:

"Even if you like Barack Obama, we can't afford Barack Obama," Mr. Romney said. "He has failed by the measurements he set. You're not going to hear it at his convention, but you're going to hear it at ours."

"He's over his head and he's swimming in the wrong direction," Mr. Romney said of the president. "We're a trusting people. We're a hopeful people. But we're not dumb."
          This seems like a clever tactic (though what do I know, right? )....since people like Obama, don't attack him, merely say "he's a nice guy in over his head."

Of course Romney's surrogates will be vicious, no surprises there, yet Romney himself will try to remain serenely above the fray.

Obama may be forced to change tactics, not sure how much people will want to be on the receiving end of his dour doom and gloom message. It is atypical for the sitting President personally to be so "mean-spirited" this early in the campaign. Almost always an incumbent President up for re-election uses surrogates to go on the attack for him while he himself projects an image of competency, until about October. Only when October arrives does an incumbent President then typically say "well, I've been busy running the country until now, and I notice by the calendar that there's an election next month. I guess I need to say a few things about that" and only then unleash the personal venom.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
            Sorry you can't keep up but it doesn't mean I'll just let you smear me. Just becasue you don't agree with the facts or what has been proven historically doesn't mean its wrong. I just means you live with your head up a certain orifice.
            You can stop sobbing now. I just picked the name of the first knuckledragger I could think of. Nothing personal.

PS - The day you come up with something that I can't keep up with is the same day Sarah Palin is elected President with Rush Limbaugh as her VP.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

maybe I should put this query in the "global warming" thread, but whatever happened to The Prophet Albert Gore junior? Is he still alive?
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                maybe I should put this query in the "global warming" thread, but whatever happened to The Prophet Albert Gore junior? Is he still alive?
                Since he turned out to be right, that's probably a bad line for you to go down.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Isn't he running that cable TV network that just fired Olbermann?

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Since he turned out to be right, that's probably a bad line for you to go down.
                    I thought in the Gospel according to Albert Gore junior, the apocalypse came in 2004/2005 when the Hockey Stick of Fire and Death rose up from the Mother Earth and smote us with melting ice and whatnot? Hasn't that been debunked since the "new ice age" thing came back into vogue?
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

He's busy sucking up huge amounts of electricity in his Tennessee mansion. Really, the less we see of him or hear from him, the better, eh?
                      Originally posted by Priceless
                      Good to see you're so reasonable.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                      Very well, said.
                      Originally posted by Rover
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                        He's busy sucking up huge amounts of electricity in his Tennessee mansion. Really, the less we see of him or hear from him, the better, eh?
                        I suppose. All this talk about elections made me wonder if he was still around and sulking about the hockey stick theory failing him and his book sales.

Comment

I suppose. All this talk about elections made me wonder if he was still around and sulking about the hockey stick theory failing him and his book sales.
                          Hey, he got a Nobel Prize and huge piles of money from the whole thing, so I don't feel to sorry for him that his predictions didn't pan out so well. He cashed in very nicely.
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

or if you were Emily Litella: "what's all this talk I hear about erections and Al Gore? didn't he reach a settlement with those massage therapists already?"
                            Last edited by FreshFish; 04-19-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Hey I give you righties credit. Usually you're stuck in 1980. Looks like now you're only stuck in 2000!
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Hey I give you righties credit. Usually you're stuck in 1980. Looks like now you're only stuck in 2000!
                                yeah, along with Independent Democrat Joe Lieberman, another rightie, eh?

for those too young to vote in 2000 or those with short memories, Lieberman was Gore's Vice-Presidential running mate. A liberal on social issues, he nonetheless was expelled from the Democratic Party for the heresy of supporting the surge in Iraq, yet continues to caucus with the Democrats anyway and on every issue except national defense, continues to vote their party line. Despite his expulsion from the Democratic party, he won re-election to the Senate in 2006 and is not seeking re-election this year after 18 years, or three terms, in the Senate. He also is devoutly religious and has never been involved in a scandal to my knowledge.

Now, if Lieberman is a "rightie" then the whole country is decidely lop-sided!!
                                Last edited by FreshFish; 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X