Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate offseason speculations

Originally posted by Gate93 View Post
    Just found this. Thought others who hadn't seen it yet might be interested.

http://www.colgateconnect.org/s/801/...id=1&pgid=4353
    Looks like a good concept. Assuming I'm still in the general area, I'd look forward to visiting once it is complete.

Comment

Wrote then lost a long post yesterday - will try to recreate it at least in part.

Shabby - I finally found a zoom in control under the "View" drop down on my browser bar.

The blueprint shown is of the downstairs so no "public spaces." Concessions, silver puck room and hall of fame would all be upstairs. One of the downstairs rooms is labeled commissary so looks like that wish will come true. I am with Bill on the HOF and suspect that some sort of higher end function room will be included. there is an elevator down near the soccer/lax lockers so I expect there will be some room above them for those types of facilities.

I agree the renderings aren't super impressive but I looked at the Penn State renderings and they aren't either. I think its the rendering software, not the building. How impressive it ends up being will likely depend on how much is actually raised.

Shabby the $37 million refers to how much they need to raise. Nothing to do with how much has been raised. I don't think its a new addition to the web site - the web site itself doesn't appear to be very active with most information in the 8 months to 1 year old range. It is possible the info has been out for awhile and we just never found it. The June 2010 Passion for the Climb info listed over $17 million in capital contributions but Passion doesn't officially have any planned construction associated with it. It does mention improving our athletics so it is possible that some or all of that money is rink related.

Last, does anyone know where it is going? On Starr rink site? then where to the boys and girls play for 12 to 18 months? Next door to Starr would allow for a double rink set up like many schools (prep & college) use but would put soccer and Men's lax a long way from their fields. On the other side of Reid? Could help to make a grand entrance to the fieldhouse/soccer/football facilities but ends the idea of a practice rink and puts the loading docks in a weird place. Where B & G is now? could make the most sense as it puts the field sports relatively close to their practice and playing fields and would allow for the continued use of Starr but hides a presumably impressive new building behind an old and frankly gawdawful Reid and would require B & G to be relocated (maybe not the worst idea) Anyone with insight or thoughts (thread invites speculation afterall)?

Comment

The new rink will sit where building & grounds is currently. It will face East. B&G will move elsewhere on campus. Starr is to be renovated into additional indoor practice facility.
        Last edited by 'Gate Man; 04-25-2012, 06:26 AM. Reason: add comment

Comment

Thank you Gate93 and all for any info, I'm intrigued.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Too bad Starr/Reid won't be gutted and renovated in its current location like Case Library. Like the idea of hockey and basketball side by side; guess basketball will have to wait its turn. Also assume that Cotterell Court is one of the least impressive arenas in the PL but haven't been to others.
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

RIT fan here. Hamburg recently committed to RIT for this coming season. I noticed he began last season at Colgate before leaving midseason for the USHL. Anyone willing to offer some information on what happened? Thx.

Comment

What are the chances of having one athlete make the Hobey Hat Trick and another make the final 25 for the Tewaarton (sp?) Trophy (LAX' Peter Baum) in one academic year, from one school? Pretty impressive I'll say.

Can't illuminate anything on the Hamburg situation...sorry.
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Off Topic: Did anyone see the LAX game on TV yesterday? Peter Baum is the Austin Smith of the team. What an amazing player. Mike Murphy certainly deserves a lot of credit for bringing the program to new heights - most wins (12) by a first year coach in 'Gate history.

Comment

They look very strong ! Goin Sunday I think !!

Comment

Have a great time Shabby. Will probably do the TV thing. Hope to see MD next weknd.

Comment

Nate Eachus to Kansas City Chiefs!!!
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Off topic, but have to give props to the mens LAX team for their win over MD today. Great game - tight all the way and exciting. Peter Baum is unbelievable - LAX's answer to Austin Smith. THis should get us into the NCAAs, and hopefully we can make some noise there. The crowd at the game was larger than some of the turnouts for football. Great to bask in the sun at the Kerr Dome without the -10 degrees and snow This has to be one of the top 2-3 teams we've ever had in LAX, and Baum returns next season. Yay!

Comment

Playing our football nemesis UMass(15-0) We win and then would play the victor of Duke vs Syracuse !

Comment

Wouldn't that be ducky: a possible 'Cuse-'Gate meeting! Looking forward to Saturday. UMASS was stung by getting only a #6 seed, but we can do this...

( sorry to hijack the hockey thread but this 'Gate LAX team deserves our attention)

Comment

We win and dominate the second thru fourth periods !! Simply Awesome !!! Now Duke on our plate but in a neutral site !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X