2012 UAA Offseason Thread - State of Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 UAA Offseason Thread - State of Confusion

This year's field is somehow worse than last year's IMO. At least last year we had three NCAA tournament teams in New Mexico State, Murray State, and Southern Mississippi.

For anyone wondering, this year's field for men is UAA, UC Riverside, Belmont, Loyola Marymount, Oral Roberts, Texas State, Charlotte, and Northeastern. The women's field is UAA, Prarie View A&M, Utah State, and a team TBA.
    Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Hey... now Eric Scheid is gone. Ugh...
      Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Originally posted by seawolffan View Post
        Hey... now Eric Scheid is gone. Ugh...
        Source?
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Saw it on Channel 2 News earlier today.
          Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Yup saw it as well.
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

They mentioned that UAA only graduated 4 players, but "the losses keep piling up", and then mentioned Scheid leaving. Who else do we know for sure has left? JJ you must have a pulse on this??
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                They mentioned that UAA only graduated 4 players, but "the losses keep piling up", and then mentioned Scheid leaving. Who else do we know for sure has left? JJ you must have a pulse on this??
                they also could've been including teh guys who quit or were booted from the team (Bruijsten, Spencer, & Mcleod)
                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Hey Seawolves fans, I'm quietly considering a trip up there again, though it is very far from certain. I have a quick question in regards to tickets, I know I wouldn't have to pre-buy tickets, and could get them when I'm there, but if I wanted to buy them ahead of time, when do they go on sale, and how early would I be able to have actual tickets shipped to me?
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Hey Seawolves fans, I'm quietly considering a trip up there again, though it is very far from certain. I have a quick question in regards to tickets, I know I wouldn't have to pre-buy tickets, and could get them when I'm there, but if I wanted to buy them ahead of time, when do they go on sale, and how early would I be able to have actual tickets shipped to me?
                    I'm not sure when they go on sale but if you want, call the ticketing department @ 9077861293.

Comment

So hope everyone's summer is going well thought i'd bump the thread with some news on new recruits committed.

Ben matthews, D from Chugiak, played for Prince George BCHL

Danny Smith, F from Edmonton AB, played for Sherwood Park Crusaders in the AJHL

Bobby Murphy, F From Anchorage Played for Kenai River of the NAHL

Michael Matyas, G From Calgary AB, played for Calgary Canucks of the AJHL

for 2013

Hudson Friesen D, from Dugald, MAN played for the Selkirk Steelers of the MJHL

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                        Ben matthews, D from Chugiak, played for Prince George BCHL
                        6'3" 225lb 21 year old with 3 full junior seasons under his belt ... contributed to production at a consistent but not really notable rate all three years ...

Danny Smith, F from Edmonton AB, played for Sherwood Park Crusaders in the AJHL
                        5'11" 170lb ... maybe some speed? put up good numbers on a decent team at a pp/g pace ... comes in 2013

Hudson Friesen D, from Dugald, MAN played for the Selkirk Steelers of the MJHL
                        Also for 2013 ... the league's 2nd leading regular season scorer with 36g and 45a ... 6'2" 190lb who turned 19 a couplaweeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          6'3" 225lb 21 year old with 3 full junior seasons under his belt ... contributed to production at a consistent but not really notable rate all three years ...

5'11" 170lb ... maybe some speed? put up good numbers on a decent team at a pp/g pace ... comes in 2013

Also for 2013 ... the league's 2nd leading regular season scorer with 36g and 45a ... 6'2" 190lb who turned 19 a couplaweeks ago.
                          Thanks for that extra info DD, also extra tidbit Friesen was drafted by the Fargo Force of the USHL.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                            Thanks for that extra info DD, also extra tidbit Friesen was drafted by the Fargo Force of the USHL.
                            Thanks as well. Makes me wonder ....

I've seen more than a couple of canadian kids get the shaft in the USHL related import status. I don't see any benefit for him to go to that league next season. He's secured a schollie (and he's worth a "full-ride") so he has nothing to prove. If he stays at home he's got a reasonable chance to be the league's best player and whatever comes with that while close to home. He'll get more developmentally in terms of confidence staying in the MJHL.

We so often have said in the past that the Seawolves team in two years should be really strong. I have to say it again. This coming season though there can't be much if any quarter given to the coaching staff with regard to winning and losing. The team they have is the team they've made. They have to own it this season.
                            Last edited by uaafanblog; 05-30-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Hey, two more players leave! This is just getting ugly at this point. ADN article is below.

http://www.adn.com/2012/06/19/251203...eave-team.html
                              Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Hey, two more players leave! This is just getting ugly at this point. ADN article is below.

http://www.adn.com/2012/06/19/251203...eave-team.html
                                That is not new news, it was posted back in March. Good news is Trupp is joining the team in a year. I hope he's half as good as Evan was.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X