Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    BC looked impressive against UMD, and UMD is a good team. However, it wasn't that long ago that UMD got shutout, at home, by Michigan Tech 5-0. No disrespect to Tech, and not saying the Gophers haven't wet their own bed a few times this year, but Minnesota and UMD are different teams. Both very high scoring teams, but Minnesota is a better defensive team. No doubt BC is the favorite, and should be, but this Gopher team is rolling right now. Should be a great game!
    Take away one period of that series, Tech romps. Yes, I was there and saw it firsthand.

BC has little chance. (c) tArrogance
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I have talked a lot of crap about Ferris State in the past season, especially after their lackluster performance against Bowling Green of all teams. I still think they are where their at because of an easy season and an easy NCAA region. Ill be rooting for Union against them, but if they can make it to the championship they'll have earned one Bronco's respect. Just look out for us next season... We still have an undefeated streak against you....
      Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

personally, I'm pretty happy with this Frozen Four. two teams that have never been. and an old time champion. and BC ... because ... they are always there...
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I do have to remind BC that they are not facing a team that has green/white/black as their team colors. It's gonna be a whole different game this time around.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ForgsUhockey View Post
            Oh I know I live in Minnesota and from here as well. So I know they arent the same team as last year, but they do have a lot of same players except you know have Rau, Marshall, Warning and I suppose Ambroz
            The Gophers team down the stretch was pretty good last year. They would have made it to the tournament, but they got swept by Alaska Anchorage. Remember Bjugstad was sick for the first half of the season, but was monster the second half, Budish was ACL sidelined, Schmidt didn't get the playing time he deserved until the final few weeks. The seniors and early movers just were not great players and this freshman class is twice good. Kevin Wehrs (hard worker, but just not WCHA material) and Patrick White were complete stiffs, Aaron Ness was an offensive defenseman that had trouble scoring, and Mike Hoepfl was great until he shot the puck. I remember walking out of the Mooch last year thinking that I really liked this team for next year. The freshman were so good, the sophomores (Helgeson and Budish) were solid and the juniors were nice role players. It actually felt like the gophers for once had a class that was more then one good or great player and bad to average every other player. They followed up the stud freshman class with another stud freshman class.
            Used RCA television $60
            Monthly Cable bill $40
            Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
            P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I do have to remind BC that they are not facing a team that has green/white/black as their team colors. It's gonna be a whole different game this time around.
              yeah, well that streak of sorts has to end at some point, so i was not unhappy that the Gophers ended their season but it's a case of be careful what you wish for.............i think one thing is for sure, it's going to be a tremendous game. Their seasons have kind of mirrored each other no? Both started off quickly, slumped in the middle and finished strong at the end ,except for the one blip Minny had vs the team that wears green/white/black but they certainly exacted revenge big time in the game that REALLY mattered on sunday

Comment

All I've got to say is I'll be in the house.
                I have never seen my team lose a FF when I am in the house.
                And, I don't expect that to change.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Take away one period of that series, Tech romps. Yes, I was there and saw it firsthand.

BC has little chance. (c) tArrogance
                  I'm assuming you also saw first hand when Minnesota lost at home to Vermont?
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Just a word about the 'inevitability' of BC. They were also similarly inevitable in 2007 when Michigan State upended them 3-1. Leading into the game it wasn't whether BC would win, it was by how much.

None of the players recall that sad ending, but Jerry York sure does.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                      Just a word about the 'inevitability' of BC. They were also similarly inevitable in 2007 when Michigan State upended them 3-1. Leading into the game it wasn't whether BC would win, it was by how much.
                      Duh... I wasn't in the house for that one.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Duh... I wasn't in the house for that one.
                        Well, neither was I. But I'll never forget it.
                        Chris V
                        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                          BC looked impressive against UMD, and UMD is a good team. However, it wasn't that long ago that UMD got shutout, at home, by Michigan Tech 5-0. No disrespect to Tech, and not saying the Gophers haven't wet their own bed a few times this year, but Minnesota and UMD are different teams. Both very high scoring teams, but Minnesota is a better defensive team. No doubt BC is the favorite, and should be, but this Gopher team is rolling right now. Should be a great game!
                          Apples to Oranges I say! That was UMD's worse played game of the year, and at a time where they were probably playing their worst hockey of the year. The shutout against BC was was part puck luck (had some chances but just couldn't bury them) and some great goal-tending and checking by BC. I thought UMD played well but just couldn't get anything going. BC is good. Real good. Of course we know that doesn't mean they'll win it all...but they should.

Interesting tid bit here; when losing in the NCAA playoffs, UMD has lost to the National Champion or the runner up six out of the seven times in their history. Just based on that, BC will roll UMTC, and beat/lose to FSU or Union.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Well, neither was I. But I'll never forget it.
                            Between 2007 & 2011 that building shold be burned to the ground

Comment

None of the players recall that sad ending, but Jerry York sure does.
                              I remember it all too well. I lost $10 on that game to a midget when I bet her that BC was going to win - and BC was leading at the time! **** the toilet that is St. Louis, and **** Michigan State.

Comment

Originally posted by jacketfan View Post
                                I was at the X for the Western Regional and Minnesota played well against the Souix but I think they had some extra incentive from the loss last week.I only saw the 3rd period of the UMD BC game and from what i saw if they get the goaltending that they got in that game BC wins by 3.They were outshot by UMD 33-24 and kept UMD at bay while still playing offensive hockey.Their D did'nt allow second chances around the net and they were effective moving the puck and limiting odd man rushes.The Gophers have some speed but BC's D were always back and there forwards were backchecking very well which helped their transition game tremendously.I think it will be a good game I say 5-2 mt netter at the end.
                                Jacques Lemaire coaches BC?
                                Loving the Maroon and Gold since 1984!

Better Dead then Red!

Comment

Working...
                                X