2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

I think Union will surprise you guys on what they bring to the table. They have only lost two games since the new year so far. They are really driven to win the NC. They got a lot of leaders on this team that just dont want this to fail so i guess we will see. Also dont forget that Union did beat Minnesota in Minnesota last year and Minnesota has some 18 or so guys from that team still. I do think they were missing a couple players though. But all in all I wish every team the best of luck in the frozen four.

Comment

Originally posted by ForgsUhockey View Post
      I think Union will surprise you guys on what they bring to the table. They have only lost two games since the new year so far. They are really driven to win the NC. They got a lot of leaders on this team that just dont want this to fail so i guess we will see. Also dont forget that Union did beat Minnesota in Minnesota last year and Minnesota has some 18 or so guys from that team still. I do think they were missing a couple players though. But all in all I wish every team the best of luck in the frozen four.
      This Minnesota team is not the same as last year at all, not taking anything away from Union, I'm just saying it really is a different squad.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

For Union to be swimming in the same pond as such powers as UM and BC, along with Ferris, is as good as it gets from this fan's U perspective. A few years ago I would never, ever, have thought this possible. I hope and think we will show that at the very least, we belong.

Comment

If MN brings yesterday's effort to the semifinal, I believe this game could be an instant classic. There's simply no shortage of speed or talent on either side here.

Comment

Is scalping legal in Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by 5RINGS View Post
              Is scalping legal in Florida?
              Is this a Sioux joke?
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Who do you think the non-Union/Ferris/BC/Minnesota fans in attendance will be rooting for?
                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                  Who do you think the non-Union/Ferris/BC/Minnesota fans in attendance will be rooting for?
                  I would say half will be split between Ferris and Union. The other half will be rooting for a meteor strike.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                    For Union to be swimming in the same pond as such powers as UM and BC, along with Ferris, is as good as it gets from this fan's U perspective. A few years ago I would never, ever, have thought this possible. I hope and think we will show that at the very least, we belong.
                    From a purely stats perspective (I have not had a chance to watch Union play), you guys most certainly belong. Love that all 4 teams have fantastic goaltending. Patty, Milner, Nelson and the 'G' man--> Grosenick (no idea how to spell his name) for Union. Obviously could not go wrong with any of those guys as the backstopper for your team.
                    Last edited by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey; 03-26-2012, 04:20 PM. Reason: found name.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Is this a Sioux joke?
                      Win
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Re: 2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        I would say half will be split between Ferris and Union. The other half will be rooting for a meteor strike.
                        Hilarious...

Call me Leonid!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Is this a Sioux joke?
                          Seminole.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                            From a purely stats perspective (I have not had a chance to watch Union play), you guys most certainly belong. Love that all 4 teams have fantastic goaltending. Patty, Milner, Nelson and the 'G' man--> Grosenick (no idea how to spell his name) for Union. Obviously could not go wrong with any of those guys as the backstopper for your team.
                            You spelled it right. If you think that's tough, how about d-man Gostisbhehere?

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              I'm hoping to see a clean game. After watching some of the UND/Minny game, I'm hoping it doesn't get chippy. I'd like to see both teams skating hard and a clean checking game. Up and down action for 60 minutes.
                              That game yesterday was tremendously clean by typical UND/UM standards, although UND didn't lack in effort.

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                              For BC, is there another 'Minnesota-like' team they've faced?

And for Minnesota, is there another 'BC-like' team they've similarly faced?

I keep seeing reference to BC's 'four lines' and am wondering whether Minnesota also has that kind of depth.
                              Scoring by line per the starting lineup against UND:

1st 120 2nd 100 3rd 62 4th 19

Pretty sure though UM has no chance either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Pretty sure though UM has no chance either way.
                                I remember saying the same thing about Michigan State when their 'no chance' team faced BC in the final game.
                                Chris V
                                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                                X