2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Frozen Four: Union vs. Ferris State; Minnesota vs. Boston College

I am just beyond happy to be here. I don't care who the Gophers play. I am just happy to be here.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Is the BC Minnie game first or second on Thursday? I hope 2nd because I doubt the other compares to this matchup.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Is the BC Minnie game first or second on Thursday? I hope 2nd because I doubt the other compares to this matchup.
        2nd

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Yep, and according to the boob tube, it will be on ESPN2.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I still seems surreal that Ferris has even gotten to this point. Ferris actually played Union some point in the last few years as a non-conference game, but obviously a lot has changed. GO BULLDOGS!

Comment

Originally posted by I Want Shegos View Post
              I still seems surreal that Ferris has even gotten to this point. Ferris actually played Union some point in the last few years as a non-conference game, but obviously a lot has changed. GO BULLDOGS!
              Congrats!! Very happy for the Ferris and Union fans
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Union has no drafted players and if I'm not mistaken, has never had a drafted skater, just a couple of goaltenders. We do expect to lose junior Jeremy Walsh to an NHL organization at the end of the season, and goalie Troy Grosenick is getting a lot of attention. Frosh D man Shayne Gostisbehere is draft eligible and according to scuttlebutt is likely to be taken this year, becoming Union's first draftee. We lost soph goalie Keith Kinkaid to the NJ Devils last season and senior Kelly Zajac, Travis' brother from the Devils has been on NJ's radar as well. Union has to seek under the radar players who have the smarts to deal with rigorous academic requirements and buy into the system with the chance to develop their games to the maximum degree possible.

I'm sure you may know the story about Union. D-1 bottom feeders for most of their first decade and a half of existence (21st D-1) year. Little support from previous administrations, D-3 in all other sports and a non athletic scholarship school. Nate Leaman turned this program around during his tenure by sheer force of will and hard work, before leaving for Providence College after last season. Rick Bennett, Leaman's associate coach for 6 years was hired immediately upon Nate's departure and hasn't missed a beat. He and his new staff have done a fantastic job (duh) and I wouldn't trade them for any other group.

I'm not really surprised that we're in the FF with greats like Minny and BC and a talented team like Ferris. Catatonic would probably be a better description. I know we'll be big underdogs, but as our equipment manager said before the Regionals we're not making the trip to get our haircut.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  I am just beyond happy to be here. I don't care who the Gophers play. I am just happy to be here.
                  Same here. Great to have Gopher Hockey back!
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Ugh, talk about sleeping with the enemy...

Go BC!

Comment

I hope Minnesota can keep up with the Terriers, they are scary.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        I hope Minnesota can keep up with the Terriers, they are scary.
                        Not THAT scary; their season ended over the weekend.
                        Chris V
                        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by I Want Shegos View Post
                          Yes, I think we played two at Ferris and two at Union in recent years. I was at the two at Union about 4 years ago and we won both. I think we won both at Ferris too. As you said though, those games mean nothing now. 1 game will decide who goes to the National Championship!
                          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Unlike the UND/Minny regional final where certain fans of both fan bases were calling the other team the favorite...yes, BC is the favorite. But they are not an overwhelming favorite over Minnesota. Minnesota is better than UMD. Plus, being the favorite doesn't mean a hill of beans really. Just look at UND last year in St. Paul.

Comment

UAH fan here rooting for FSU - you were willing to schedule home & home games with us as an independent, are a potential new conference member, and another DII school trying make a go at DI hockey level. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Ugh, talk about sleeping with the enemy...

Go BC!
                                Gurt, you're alive!

I didn't know if the Gopher win would have made you go to that big deer haven in the sky.

Comment

Working...
                                X