UML 2012 Offseason Thread: "If this is a dream, don't wake me!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2012 Offseason Thread: "If this is a dream, don't wake me!"

Congrats to UMass Lowell Coach Bazin for being named the USCHO Coach of the Year.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Congrats to UMass Lowell Coach Bazin for being named the USCHO Coach of the Year.
      No brainer there...
      UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Congrats to Carter Hutton on setting the single season record for GAA for Rockford. Record was previously held by Antti Niemi.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
          Congrats to Carter Hutton on setting the single season record for GAA for Rockford. Record was previously held by Antti Niemi.
          Very cool
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Off topic: Some nice press /exposure for UML's Department of Environmental, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences.

Nineteen UMass Lowell meteorology students will be working the Boston Marathon on Monday. They will be sprinkled along the race course, taking precise weather observations at each location for the race's primary organizer, the Boston Athletic Association.

It is no coincidence the weather observation duty was entrusted to the students of UMass Lowell.

"I recommended UMass Lowell because of the department's reputation," said American Meteorological Society Technical Editor Rick Brandt.

Comment

A new recruiting tool. All-Access Hockey Broadcasts Spread to Campuses.

Comment

Scott Wilson named to the INCH Freshman All-American team.

They have Norm Bazin as the runner up to the Coach of the Year, to Dave Hakstol (North Dakota).

And finally, they ranked UML #12 in their final poll. This amuses me as #9 is Miami ... you know, the team Lowell beat in the NCAAs.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Award winners from the banquet:

MVP - Doug Carr
                  Best Defensive Player - Chad Ruhwedel (2nd year in a row)
                  Most Improved Player - Doug Carr
                  Unsung Hero Award - Josh Holmstrom
                  Gus Coutu Award - Riley Wetmore
                  Rookie of the Year - Scott Wilson
                  Coaches Perseverance Award - Tim Corcoran
                  G. Harvey Chandler Award - Riley Wetmore
                  Marc Connelly Award - Dan Darrow and Nick DeFelice

Schedule tidbits for next season:

Games at Denver (Friday 10/19) and CC (Saturday 10/20)
                  A matchup with Clarkson after Christmas.

Also, Norm said that Lowell will play 23 games after Christmas next season and only 8 of them will be at home.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Good thing we're going to play great on the road next season.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post

Also, Norm said that Lowell will play 23 games after Christmas next season and only 8 of them will be at home.
                      That's just awful.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        That's just awful.
                        Flip of what we had this yr.

Comment

Kinda cool news to pass along, hopefully he gets a chance to get on the ice.
                          Barry Scanlon ‏ @BarryScanlonSun
                          Ex-UML star Ben #Holmstrom gets called up to Philadelphia #Flyers due to injuries. #uml
                          Monty

Comment

It would be great to see the Hitman legally take out a crying penguin.

Comment

The Blackhawks also called up Carter Hutton as a 3rd goalie for the playoffs.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                This past season they played 19 games after Christmas and they had lots of games in hand on most everybody in the league. Will next season be even worse?
                                What did you say?
                                Who own the Chiefs?
                                What did he say?
                                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Working...
                                X