UML 2012 Offseason Thread: "If this is a dream, don't wake me!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2012 Offseason Thread: "If this is a dream, don't wake me!"

Just got my roundtrip flight for 220 on JetBlue from Boston to Denver. Granted my flight back is a redeye and Monday morning will be absolutely miserable at work, but 2 wins and a Sunday in downtown Denver sounds good to me.

Comment

We're under 2 months until the exhibition and opening night against the woeful Catamounts. I'm going to need a little more excitement out of everyone here. Also might be time to get the predictions ready.

Comment

As some of you know i moved out to SF last year. Oddly enough for me to go from SF to Denver is the same price as you guys are paying. $250.

Here's to hoping Cal or Stanford join Hockey East so my cost to see a game can drop dramatically :-).

-Frank

Comment

This may help in generating some excitment: http://youtu.be/Gti7e3PVbrY

Comment

From the UML site:

Blood Drive to Be Held in Nick DeFelice's Honor on Sept. 29.

A nice article from the Team IMPACT site that I had not seen before. Nick Shoots and Scores with UMass Lowell.

Comment

The newest Countdown to Faceoff is up...
              In addition, the River Hawk hockey office and locker room area are experiencing some major improvements. As Devan mentioned in his post last week, the new Hockey Performance Center is nearing completion. At this point, the construction crew is set to finish the HVAC system and install rubber flooring before a final inspection and cleaning. Barring any unforeseen snags, this will be available to the team by the time classes begin.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                From the UML site:

Blood Drive to Be Held in Nick DeFelice's Honor on Sept. 29.

A nice article from the Team IMPACT site that I had not seen before. Nick Shoots and Scores with UMass Lowell.
                Can't say enough about this team and their hospitality towards Nick and his family over the course of last season.

Comment

56 Days. Time to stop lurking I guess.

Was curious about this statement in the facilities Q&A from goriverhawks.com

In an effort to maximize the potential of the new space, our camera stations will be moved over to Section 106 and, consequently, the in-ice logos will now face the west side of the arena.
                  Does this mean above on the concourse level or will there be lost seats in that section?

Also: How long do they stay there once they realize Monty's voice will be heard on every single highlight.

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                    Also: How long do they stay there once they realize Monty's voice will be heard on every single highlight.
                    Challenge accepted.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Challenge accepted.
                      Everybody's favorite camerawhore is going live over audio
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                        56 Days. Time to stop lurking I guess.

Was curious about this statement in the facilities Q&A from goriverhawks.com

Does this mean above on the concourse level or will there be lost seats in that section?

I believe it will be on the concourse level. The only seats that may be lost are some ADA seats. As for Monty, set your DVR's when NESN is in town.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          Everybody's favorite camerawhore is going live over audio
                          But can he outscream Bob Ellis?

Comment

Great article in the Boston Globe Magazine about Marty Meehan and UML.
                            Monty

Comment

INCH puts Doug Carr in their Top 10 contenders for the Hobey.
                              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Great article in the Boston Globe Magazine about Marty Meehan and UML.
                                Really, its only a matter of time until we get a profile in the "Chronicle of Higher Education" (I think that's the name of the paper). they like schools on the move and new situations... and we've had enough time to percolate. (My division at work suscribes to that "paper".)
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X