UML 2012 Offseason Thread: "If this is a dream, don't wake me!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2012 Offseason Thread: "If this is a dream, don't wake me!"

Well in good news, the second Bentley game isn't happening. Heard today that the Non Conference schedule will consist of: Denver, CC, Clarkson (2), Bentley, Princeton and Harvard. Haven't heard official dates/locations on anything, but those are the NC opponents for the season. I'd imagine Princeton would be coming up here and Lowell would be heading to Harvard, just a guess though.

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
      Well in good news, the second Bentley game isn't happening. Heard today that the Non Conference schedule will consist of: Denver, CC, Clarkson (2), Bentley, Princeton and Harvard. Haven't heard official dates/locations on anything, but those are the NC opponents for the season. I'd imagine Princeton would be coming up here and Lowell would be heading to Harvard, just a guess though.
      I like that schedule a lot actually.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I like that schedule a lot actually.
        Is it bad that I reflexively thought "and Clarkson still sucks!" ?

Comment

I'll be at the dinner tomorrow, should be a good time!

Very excited about playing at Harvard and having Princeton come here. Couldn't imagine seeing Bentley TWICE.
          UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

I forgot to pay before April ended.
            So did I. Send it in with a note to Scott. Worst that will happen is that you'll still have a 'no'.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
              I like the non-conf a lot better now that it isn't Bentleyx2... IIRC, this would be the first time playing Harvard in a non-tournament format (Denver Cup 2001).

edit: bad thoughts... I wonder if I can go from DC 8ish to Boston 4PM, watch the hockey game, get back on the train at 11, and be back in DC at 7 or 8AM? That's such a bad idea... but i haven't been to bright.
              Last edited by Patman; 05-08-2012, 10:24 PM.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

From UML's Excellence Awards Banquet last night.

Riley Wetmore received the David Boutin Award as Male Student-Athlete of the Year.

The hockey team won the Bob Griffin Academic Award for the fifth year in a row. Chad Ruhwedel was also named one of UML's Student-Athletes of the Year (3.74 GPA, Business)

Comment

I'll be going to the dinner too. I can't wait. Looking forward o next season. Is anyone interested in going out to Denver in Oct. I would like to put together something for those of us who want to go. Maybe us all staying at the same hotel and getting a bus to take us to the CC game. Let me know at the dinner tomorrow night. See you all tomorrow. Go Riverhawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan0862 View Post
                    I'll be going to the dinner too. I can't wait. Looking forward o next season. Is anyone interested in going out to Denver in Oct. I would like to put together something for those of us who want to go. Maybe us all staying at the same hotel and getting a bus to take us to the CC game. Let me know at the dinner tomorrow night. See you all tomorrow. Go Riverhawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I won't be at the dinner tomorrow, but I know that Go-UML, myself and a few others are planning on making the trip.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

A nice article on former ULowell player Craig MacTavish from the Edmonton Journal.

Comment

So how was the dinner? Any cool news to pass along?
                        Monty

Comment

So how was the dinner? Any cool news to pass along?
                          I think the biggest news was that Norm was saying over the next 5 years, we'll be seeing teams come to the Tsongas that have never been there before. That'd be cool.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

2 more games to add to then schedule as well. We now know that the home opener is against Vermont on Friday October 12 (the countdown on the scoreboard had 155 days from yesterday), and Maine in town on Friday November 9 (and likely Saturday November 10 since they are here for 2 this year).

Scott Donnelly also told me that there are only 5 Friday home games all season.
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              2 more games to add to then schedule as well. We now know that the home opener is against Vermont on Friday October 12 (the countdown on the scoreboard had 155 days from yesterday), and Maine in town on Friday November 9 (and likely Saturday November 10 since they are here for 2 this year).

Scott Donnelly also told me that there are only 5 Friday home games all season.
                              2012 / 2013 Tentative Schedule:

10/12/12 - Fri - Vermont
                              10/13/12 - Sat - Bentley
                              10/19/12 - Fri - @ Denver
                              10/20/12 - Sat - @ Colorado College
                              11/09/12 - Fri - Maine
                              11/10/12 - Sat - Maine
                              11/16/12 - Fri - UNH
                              11/30/12 - Fri - @ UNH
                              12/01/12 - Sat - UNH
                              01/04/13 - Fri - Clarkson
                              01/05/13 - Sat - Clarkson
                              02/01/13 - Fri - @ Merrimack
                              03/01/13 - Fri - Merrimack
                              03/02/13 - Sat - @ Merrimack

Comment

Hopefully there was a good crowd last night? Looking at the schedule, October 12th seems about right for the season opener, but do we know that it is?
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X