Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2012 Offseason Thread: "If this is a dream, don't wake me!"

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    He could always fight with a NU fan or two... nobody would miss them.
    Well there was the time that the team ended up in the stands after teh fans threw things at them....(Jeff Flaherty for those old enough)

Comment

Not surprising, but that punk formerly of BU Alex Chiasson kept trying to get former Lowell D Barry Goers to drop gloves Sunday night. Barry obliged, but c'mon man, Chiasson has 6 inches on him.

Comment

Carter Hutton dropped the gloves the other day too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SVSc9iJ4c4

Watch him go flying into the pile at 0:18

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Well there was the time that the team ended up in the stands after teh fans threw things at them....(Jeff Flaherty for those old enough)
          I actually worked with Jeff a few years ago.

On to a different topic ... I watched parts of the Lightning/Caps game, most likely Roloson's last ever game in the NHL, and he was absolutely fantastic (31 saves on 33 shots, named the 1st Star). He made some amazing saves to help beat the Caps. Congratulations on a wonderful (and long) NHL career Roli, it was a pleasure to follow. You've made all of Lowell proud.

So ... I know there was talk last off-season about him joining up with Bazin this year, do people still think/expect this to happen? We already have two paid assistants, so I'm not sure how this would work.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            I actually worked with Jeff a few years ago.

On to a different topic ... I watched parts of the Lightning/Caps game, most likely Roloson's last ever game in the NHL, and he was absolutely fantastic (31 saves on 33 shots, named the 1st Star). He made some amazing saves to help beat the Caps. Congratulations on a wonderful (and long) NHL career Roli, it was a pleasure to follow. You've made all of Lowell proud.

So ... I know there was talk last off-season about him joining up with Bazin this year, do people still think/expect this to happen? We already have two paid assistants, so I'm not sure how this would work.
            Didn't they change that rule... It allowed them to bring in the goalie coach Walsh?

One thought would be that maybe he'd run goalie camps and the like and volunteer at Lowell. He may also have other things in play. Does he live in the area or in Ontario in the off-season?
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              Didn't they change that rule... It allowed them to bring in the goalie coach Walsh?

One thought would be that maybe he'd run goalie camps and the like and volunteer at Lowell. He may also have other things in play. Does he live in the area or in Ontario in the off-season?
              They already have a volunteer assistant coach - Dan Darrow. Plus, assistant coach Cam Ellsworth is a former goalie, so he's likely working with the goalies already.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                They already have a volunteer assistant coach - Dan Darrow. Plus, assistant coach Cam Ellsworth is a former goalie, so he's likely working with the goalies already.
                Didn't say there couldn't be an issue or that things can't change. If Roloson were to really get involved then it'd have to be in some capacity with the players. I think it's far more likely he doesn't get involved aside from the occasional chat, instructional session, and pep talk.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Let me put it this way, if Roloson wanted to help, I think they'd find a way to get him in.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I'll admit, I thought this was about as clear as anything could be ... but Bazin was one of the runner-ups for the Penrose, it went to Daniels, the Coach of Ferris.
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      I'll admit, I thought this was about as clear as anything could be ... but Bazin was one of the runner-ups for the Penrose, it went to Daniels, the Coach of Ferris.
                      Litterally the biggest joke since Jethro Tull beat out Metallica in '89.

What a disgrace.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

hmmph. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          Litterally the biggest joke since Jethro Tull beat out Metallica in '89.

What a disgrace.
                          Totally shocked!!
                          What did you say?
                          Who own the Chiefs?
                          What did he say?
                          Owns! Owns!

Comment

I agree that sucks that bazin was a runner up.

Comment

You knew it was coming ... TIIL with a "This Week in Disrespect."

Also, got a call from one of the players asking if I'll be renewing next year. Another nice touch by the school.
                              Last edited by UMLFan; 04-05-2012, 03:20 PM.
                              Monty

Comment

I'm glad Minnesota decided to show for the final four!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X