X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine - the Golfing Season

Toronto and Buffalo for #13 and #10.

Comment

Abbott just signed deal with the leafs. It's all over twitter and tsn.

Comment

WABI saying Spence signed a 1 year deal for around 1million, Flynn with Buffalo, no money mentioned
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          WABI saying Spence signed a 1 year deal for around 1million, Flynn with Buffalo, no money mentioned
          They will both get basically identical max offers

Comment

Originally posted by MainePuck View Post
            They will both get basically identical max offers
            cool. Good for them, hope they do well and make much more
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Who do you guys think will have a better pro career?

IMO, Flynn probably does more things at least a *little* better -especially in his own end- but Abbott has much the better scoring instincts.

Not to compare Spence to The Great One, but he reminds me a little of him... He is small and not all that athletic, yet he can slow the game down at the right time to create Grade-As. I saw this the first time he wore Maine blue.

If either of those guys makes a splash in the NHL, I'm guessing that it will be Abbott. (Though I'd prefer that both of them do.)
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-30-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

so does anyone happen to know if 10 and 13 are facing off AGAINST one another onthe 30th and 31st?

the Amerks are playing the Marlies twice.

or is either going to make the jump right away?
                Last edited by KnowItAll; 03-29-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Congratulations to Spencer for making the Hobey Hat Trick, I hope he brings home the award! It has been a pleasure to follow his career at Maine for the last 4 years and I wish him the best in his pro career.

Comment

Abbott, Connolly, Smith. Color me shocked.
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Re: Maine - the Golfing Season

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Who do you guys think will have a better pro career?

IMO, Flynn probably does more things at least a *little* better -especially in his own end- but Abbott has much the better scoring instincts.

Not to compare Spence to The Great One, but he reminds me a little of him... He is small and not all that athletic, yet he can slow that game down at the right time to create a Grade-As. I saw this the first time he wore Maine blue.

If either of those guys makes a splash in the NHL, I'm guessing that it will be Abbott. (Though I'd prefer that both of them do.)
                      I honestly think they will both get a CHANCE at the NHL- what they do with it, that remains to be seen. Teams nowadays go through 15+ forwards in a year, as long as they have a decent showing in the AHL next year- I expect both of them to get at least a call up.

I think Flynn's game relates more to the NHL but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                        Abbott, Connolly, Smith. Color me shocked.
                        not one at the frozen four.
                        I wonder how often that happens (wondering means hoping someone else will look it up)

also, do the ones who do not make the frozen four usually miss the ceremony if they have pro games to play?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                          ............ do the ones who do not make the frozen four usually miss the ceremony if they have pro games to play?
                          A poster with the arrogant, conceited "handle" of KnowitAll is asking us?

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

also, do the ones who do not make the frozen four usually miss the ceremony if they have pro games to play?
                            I would be surprised if a team would say no and not let them.

Comment

Sounds like Hegarty signed today, per Shemansky:

https://***********/#!/ashemansky26/status/185538725558759424

Comment

I really do wish him the best, but he has so much work to do... His instincts as a D-man are just not there, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X