Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine - the Golfing Season

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I said "IF" the HIGH in wins would maybe be 20 and the LOW would be maybe 14,just imo...and yes I've seen the Roster,no on the High part...by the way what would be your projection in the High/Low Win department..?
    Somewhere between 5 and 10. We're due for a Vermont type of year.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
      it is interesting that the BDN has closed down comments for the story.
      why do they allow comments until someone says something that goes against the party line?
      they should maybe just make up fake commenters and post things that they like to see.
      I think what has happened is that typically the Bangor Daily does not have moderators for comments that are posted on their articles like the Portland Press does, but for some reason, they have been hesitant to allow comments regarding UMaine hockey. The lack of moderation was really apparent on a recent article that was posted about Kevin Swallow taking his first head coaching job at a College. When I read through the article I noticed a comment at the bottom that was highly inappropriate and featured a butchered innuendo having to do with Kevin's last name. With comments like that involving Maine hockey just recently with the BDN, I think the BDN decided to take the safe route and turn off comments just to make sure that the article on Coach Standbrook was not tainted in any way by comments that make all of the Maine Hockey Fan base look as debased and juvenile as we claim some Boston collegiate hockey fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I'd say somewhere between 18 and 25. Maine has two extra games and a fairly easy OOC schedule. Hockey east should be deep but I don't see it super strong at the top.
        I think you'll see UML & BC battle it out for the top two spots in Hockey East then it could be a crap shoot for 3rd thru 7th and another go round from 8th to 10th...

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
          it is interesting that the BDN has closed down comments for the story.
          why do they allow comments until someone says something that goes against the party line?
          they should maybe just make up fake commenters and post things that they like to see.
          No idea why that happened, but I think it's a bad idea for the BDN.

Larry clearly is afraid to step on toes, but anonymous internet-types are free to criticize Tim, and that sort of thing provides a needed counterpoint to Mahoney's (usually) sanguine columns. The BDN can simply edit/delete posts as to vulgarity, etc., and we'll have a real discussion there.

Last year was a distinct improvement over the several previous ones, but getting hammered in the 1st round was certainly not a return to Maine hockey...

Allow the jaws to flap, please. Soviet-style editorializing makes for a poor read.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-14-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

All you #Maine hockey fans, I thought Mark Nemec was a physical force at Blackhawks development camp.

posted on BC hockey blog http://beanpotforum.wordpress.com/20...oston-college/

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
              All you #Maine hockey fans, I thought Mark Nemec was a physical force at Blackhawks development camp.

I look for him to score more this year. He has a very good slap shot to go with his very good defensve skills.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post

Not surprised, Timmay will bench him if he does more than stick check while in a Maine Uni
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  I look for him to score more this year. He has a very good slap shot to go with his very good defensve skills.
                  Mark will have a great season, he is a mature kid, a quiet leader. I see him getting a lot of shut down minutes, but who is his partner? Rutt not ready for role, O'Connor a little flighty and penalty prone, Cornell would be a possibility, but who do you put with Pyror......Hutton, even as a newbie is more likely to crack top 6 than Norman So for your consideration. Cornell and Pryor , Nemec and Rutt, O'Conor and Hutton........

Comment

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
                    Mark will have a great season, he is a mature kid, a quiet leader. I see him getting a lot of shut down minutes, but who is his partner? Rutt not ready for role, O'Connor a little flighty and penalty prone, Cornell would be a possibility, but who do you put with Pyror......Hutton, even as a newbie is more likely to crack top 6 than Norman So for your consideration. Cornell and Pryor , Nemec and Rutt, O'Conor and Hutton........
                    Pryor is a scary thought on defense...a liability to say the least...look for Rutt and O'Conner to be keys this season on defense...with O'Conner adding some offense also(imo). Nemec is a stay at home D-man,just hoping he takes his play to another level...Hutton is a maybe along with incoming Conner Riley.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Not surprised, Timmay will bench him if he does more than stick check while in a Maine Uni
                      Amen on getting rid of the dreaded Tim taught stick checking. What a frustrating sight game after game....

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        Amen on getting rid of the dreaded Tim taught stick checking. What a frustrating sight game after game....
                        Maybe Mark is not suited for the poke check game. I wish him well ! http://aeryssports.com/runs-on-dunca...y-4/#more-2319

Comment

Nemec won't be benched. He is the most experienced defenseman on the team and a quiet leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            Nemec won't be benched. He is the most experienced defenseman on the team and a quiet leader.
                            Didn't mean Nemec would get benched...just would like to see a more physical type play by the D-men and by the whole team,but in a smart way...not goon style that leads to a parade to the box....finishing checks and keeping the front of the net cleaned out for Sullivan/Ouellette/Morris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Didn't mean Nemec would get benched...just would like to see a more physical type play by the D-men and by the whole team,but in a smart way...not goon style that leads to a parade to the box....finishing checks and keeping the front of the net cleaned out for Sullivan/Ouellette/Morris.
                              How many times did Maine have guys sent off last year? This isn't 10 or 15 years ago where you can get away with a lot. It would be nice to see the team play more physical but I can't see where it's practical nowadays.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                How many times did Maine have guys sent off last year? This isn't 10 or 15 years ago where you can get away with a lot. It would be nice to see the team play more physical but I can't see where it's practical nowadays.
                                how many Maine BU games did you watch when Gryba was there?

the officials seem to "need" to keep the number of marbles in each pocket fairly even.... that is... they are almost always going to call the same number of penalties on both teams in a game, unless there are eggrigious infractions that they just cannot igonore (Hauser's blocker to Jackson's chin, notwithstanding)

let Maine goon it up, if they do not call the boarding/roughing/crosschecking to the lower back in the crease, then they are going to call embellishment and hooks that are not hooks. When Prestin played, there was exactly one player in hockey east who dared to carry the puck and not simply get rid of it immediately... that kind of intimidation wins games, or at the very least leads to MANY turnovers.

Maine fans need to see more games that do not involve the black bears and you will see that one team can be completely gooning it up and the other team can be really trying to avoid the box, and the penalties will still be almost or exactly the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X