• Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine - the Golfing Season

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    One offensive line, KIA.
    well said

Comment

What stinks the most is that this group could have been a decent bunch...not elite,but dependable...but not under the TW system...ever notice how much upside a d-man has his 1st/2nd season then the 3rd and 4th years you scratch your head and wonder what the h#ll happen to the talent we saw the 1st and 2nd seasons...scares me to think that O'Conner & Rutt could be upsiders and then NOT. NEXT batch of HOPEFUL'S: Conner Riley/Ben Hutton & Kyle Williams....time will tell AGAIN..??? Coaching 101..?

Comment

I met Spencer Abbott this morning during a break in player workouts (off-ice) at the Ricoh Coliseum. A friend of mine works for Building Operations there and suggested I come down for a visit. I only spoke to him (Abbott) for a brief minute, congratulating him on his time at Maine (especially the past season) and his signing with the Toronto organization - nice for a local guy to get a chance here. He was very polite with a pleasant personality - seems to be a nice young man. With the Marlies doing so well he isn't getting any game ice, but hopefully he'll have a fair chance to show his talents next season.

Comment

The Toronto Marlies will face The Oklahoma City Barons in the next round of the AHL playoffs starting next Thursday. Former Black Bear Tanner House has 1G, 2A, and is +4 in 9 games in the playoff run for the Barons.

Comment

Nice article about Dustin Penner on NHL.com /http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=631511

Comment

Jimmy Howard pitches a shutout against Finland at the 2012 IIHF World Championship in Finland 5-0.

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                Nice article about Dustin Penner on NHL.com /http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=631511
                so, there may be a Black Bear name (Penner as a player and Torts as a coach) on this year's Stanley cup...( as I remember, they are the only 2 black bears on the cup)

and depending on whether a player actually has to have ice time during the playoffs, there WILL be a Black Bear's name on the Calder Cup this year
                House and Ramsey actually play for Oklahoma City and St. John's
                Dimmen has played in 2 playoff games for Norfolk and
                Abbott and ONeill are on the playoff rosters for Toronto and St. John's.

Comment

I'm thinking that both NY and LA will make the Finals, and if LA wins it, we're looking at another Bear's name etched on that thing.

(So far, we have Lundin, Tort, and Clark, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    I'm thinking that both NY and LA will make the Finals, and if LA wins it, we're looking at another Bear's name etched on that thing.

I am not sure,but just Torterella(TB and Penner(Anaheim)..

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I am pretty sure the only cup Tampa won was in 03-04, with all the Catamounts, but no Black Bears.
                      Clark was with the Avalanche and Lundin was a freshman at Maine.

and come on... Penner counts, he played 4 more games for Maine than Clark did... and won it with the Ducks

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                        I am pretty sure the only cup Tampa won was in 03-04, with all the Catamounts, but no Black Bears.
                        Clark was with the Avalanche and Lundin was a freshman at Main

and come on... Penner counts, he played 4 more games for Maine than Clark did... and won it with the Ducks
                        Tortorella was the Coach @ TB that year.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                          Clark was with the Avalanche and Lundin was a freshman at Maine.

Right; didn't mean to leave him out. And he was just the one goal short of a Gordie Howe hat trick tonight.

I'm thinking that LA is going to steamroll Phoenix. Kinda nice to see Quick playing so well at this level; God knows Maine used to struggle to solve him.

Comment

Dan Sullivan is the only Hockey East player (male or female) to be recognized as Academic All-District. Honor for him; wouldn't use as a bash on the other teams' players as I think it is more on their SIDs than the players that no one else appears. Did a quick search and Boston College, Boston University and Merrimack had 0 athletes listed. I'm guessing doing that for the other 6 teams would get the same result.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                              Dan Sullivan is the only Hockey East player (male or female) to be recognized as Academic All-District. Honor for him; wouldn't use as a bash on the other teams' players as I think it is more on their SIDs than the players that no one else appears. Did a quick search and Boston College, Boston University and Merrimack had 0 athletes listed. I'm guessing doing that for the other 6 teams would get the same result.
                              Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he had a perfect GPA. Quite an achievement, especially for a student athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyj65 View Post
                                Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he had a perfect GPA. Quite an achievement, especially for a student athlete.
                                He has had some 4.0 semesters, not sure if they've all been perfect, smart and dedicated guy.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X