Maine - the Golfing Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine - the Golfing Season

If Ryan Hegarty was the best defenseman on that team, that explains so well just what the problems were.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
      The entire team was there, plus Gustav also was in attendance.
      Nice to see the entire team present. It's not often that happens. Having Nyquist there was a bonus. He must have had close ties to this group of players (Theo, Klas, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
        The D award to Hegarty is a joke.
        Must have won it because he was a senior... That's the only plausible explanation.

Comment

AND with that said,does anyone wonder why the program is in this situation...an award for poor play...?

Comment

If you were to choose someone, who would it be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
              not Heggerty.....Mangene as a Defensive player may have been a better choice. Cornell for Covering for O'Neil, and Nemec had a better defensive year than Heggerty....but Hegs was Tmmiay's boy this year........so could do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                No one deserved it.
                When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

If it were to be anyone, it would have been Nemec. Best of a bad bunch.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Larry piece on Gus.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/05/0...in-pro-hockey/

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                      Hegarty without question was this year's best defenseman.

he played the most short handed minutes of anyone, AND he ALWAYS and only played against top lines.
                      Best offensive defenseman was ONeill, great vision and great passing ability, on a team that had NO use for those talents.... you should see him in the AHL...absolutely no ability to control the gap, but after 4 years of never standing anyone up, who can blame him?
                      Last edited by KnowItAll; 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Jeez, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but Heggs probably made as many bone-headed passes as his two nearest competitors combined. He never seemed to learn anything from his mistakes, and I'll be shocked if he survives any more than a couple of so-so seasons in the AHL, at best.

The entire D-corps was sub-par, for sure... But I'd take Nemec, Cornell, or even a green O'Connor over Hegarty any day of the week.

Comment

before we completley bag the D corp, I think we have to appreciate that we had one line contribute over 50 % of our points......and the other lines not scoring places alot more pressure on the d, meaning Maine is on their heels a great deal.....so having a plus rating overall, is positive....I don't think they are the next coming of Robinson, Potvin, Bourque or lidstrom....but they are very servicable and aside from BC, on par with any group of D in HEA...IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Jeez, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but Heggs probably made as many bone-headed passes as his two nearest competitors combined. He never seemed to learn anything from his mistakes, and I'll be shocked if he survives any more than a couple of so-so seasons in the AHL, at best.

The entire D-corps was sub-par, for sure... But I'd take Nemec, Cornell, or even a green O'Connor over Hegarty any day of the week.
                            as far as potential, I know I have said it many times, O'Connor, no question.
                            but as far as who did what this past season. hegarty.... he was the one called on and who answered the call. in tim's system, he played the best positionally, and clogged the lanes best and shut down the opposition best.
                            Last edited by KnowItAll; 05-08-2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
                              before we completley bag the D corp, I think we have to appreciate that we had one line contribute over 50 % of our points......and the other lines not scoring places alot more pressure on the d, meaning Maine is on their heels a great deal.....so having a plus rating overall, is positive....I don't think they are the next coming of Robinson, Potvin, Bourque or lidstrom....but they are very servicable and aside from BC, on par with any group of D in HEA...IMHO
                              I do not want the D contributing 50% of the points. I want them standing up opponents at the blue line. I want opponents scared to death of going near the crease and I want the D to know when to poke check (as a surprise tactic) and when to knock a guy on his tail.

I want the D jumping into the offense, again, as a surprise tactic... that is when it works.
                              Last edited by KnowItAll; 05-08-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

One offensive line, KIA.
                                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X