Maine - the Golfing Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine - the Golfing Season

Howard isn't doing anything to distinguish himself, but it's not like there's shame in coming in 2nd to Pecca Rinne.

Anyone remember when the Red Wings had an offense? They didn't used to be this easy to shut down.
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

• Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
      Howard isn't doing anything to distinguish himself, but it's not like there's shame in coming in 2nd to Pecca Rinne.

Anyone remember when the Red Wings had an offense? They didn't used to be this easy to shut down.
      The red wings have gotten old. I don't mean this as a slight to the players but I don't think the motivation is there that there used to be. The salary cap has really ruined the NHL for me. There should be about eight fewer teams or go 4x4 the whole game.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        The red wings have gotten old. I don't mean this as a slight to the players but I don't think the motivation is there that there used to be. The salary cap has really ruined the NHL for me. There should be about eight fewer teams or go 4x4 the whole game.
        The Only problem with Detroit is that Nashville is better and ready to make a run...as for 4x4 hockey well I hope not...playoff hockey and overtime go together...4x4 hockey equals 7-6/8-6/9-8 games....Old Time Hockey is the best...too much tweaking just ruins the game(and thats ONLY imo).

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          I saw Andrew Sweetland on my milk carton this morning.
          He might make an appearance soon.

It's been 5 years...he is now eligible for the Timmay Excuse Hall of Fame. That's a red carpet event you don't miss when you get an invite.

He is no shoo-in to win though. Ben Bishop foregoing his senior year is also up for 1st ballot. Voters will surely be torn between Bishop's greater overall impact vs. Sweetland's longer remaining tenure.

Who knows? Maybe this will finally be the year that "The local Irving was all out of Spearmint before every big game"; or as I like to think of it...the Cris Carter of nominees....will get the well deserved, long awaited nod.

Who says the offseason is boring?!

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post

Detroit generated a ton of chances, IMO. They simply had no bounces go their way, and Rinne was just spectacular.

That sort of loss is disheartening, but with a win on Friday we have a series again.

I missed Goose's 6 minutes. Had to stay late at work that night, so I FF'ed through some of the game in order to get to bed before the sun came up. I'm going to watch every minute of the next one. I wonder if Crawford will give him more shifts, since the Wings can't seem to solve Rinne with the regular suspects..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              The Only problem with Detroit is that Nashville is better and ready to make a run...as for 4x4 hockey well I hope not...playoff hockey and overtime go together...4x4 hockey equals 7-6/8-6/9-8 games....Old Time Hockey is the best...too much tweaking just ruins the game(and thats ONLY imo).
              Nobody is very comfortable with messing with the status quo in any sport, but all of them were invented way back in the Dark Age, when the average level of athleticism was miles and miles behind where it is now.

I'd like to see hockey played 4x4, same with hoops, baseball games going 6 innings, and football played 7x7. That would greatly improve the entertainment value of each of those sports, and weed-out all but the best players.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Detroit generated a ton of chances, IMO. They simply had no bounces go their way, and Rinne was just spectacular.

That sort of loss is disheartening, but with a win on Friday we have a series again.

I missed Goose's 6 minutes. Had to stay late at work that night, so I FF'ed through some of the game in order to get to bed before the sun came up. I'm going to watch every minute of the next one. I wonder if Crawford will give him more shifts, since the Wings can't seem to solve Rinne with the regular suspects..?
                Did Detroit switch Coaches in between games..??? Isn't Babcock behind the Red Wings Bench..?

Comment

Nobody is very comfortable with messing with the status quo in any sport, but all of them were invented way back in the Dark Age, when the average level of athleticism was miles and miles behind where it is now.

I'd like to see hockey played 4x4, same with hoops, baseball games going 6 innings, and football played 7x7. That would greatly improve the entertainment value of each of those sports, and weed-out all but the best players.
                  Well I hope your not holding your breath on all of the above ever happening.

Comment

Did Detroit switch Coaches in between games..??? Isn't Babcock behind the Red Wings Bench..?
                    Right, sorry... The guy dies his hair so much that it confuses me as to his identity.

Comment

Well I hope your not holding your breath on all of the above ever happening.
                      Of course not. (I assumed that you could figure that out all by yourself; my bad.) But three of those sports would be more entertaining if that happened. The playing-fields have just become too small for the speed of today's athletes.

Baseball is different in that respect, but an MLB game, especially between the Sox and the Yankees, takes longer than a root canal and is twice as painful to endure.

Comment

Of course not. (I assumed that you could figure that out all by yourself; my bad.) But three of those sports would be more entertaining if that happened. The playing-fields have just become too small for the speed of today's athletes.

Baseball is different in that respect, but an MLB game, especially between the Sox and the Yankees, takes longer than a root canal and is twice as painful to endure.
                        I did...just doing a #39 Joey Diamond ragging after a brief scrum in front of the net front...!!! Alot has changed since we were all in our younger days...sadly.

Comment

Well, we still have Dustin's team to root for out West... He's the last Bear standing, aside from Tort, behind the bench in NY. (Unless I've overlooked someone.)

Comment

Well, we still have Dustin's team to root for out West... He's the last Bear standing, aside from Tort, behind the bench in NY. (Unless I've overlooked someone.)
                            Not a UMaine Player or Coach,but Barry Trotz/Coach of Nashville was the Head Coach for the Portland Pirates(AHL)...he's one of the most under-rated coaches in the NHL,with Nashville being Budget wise since they came into the League,they did this year sign up Rinne and made some shrewd deadline deals...Trotz is kinda like the Joe Maddon(TB Rays/MLB)of the NHL...always does a excellant job with what he has but no big hoopla or headlines....so he has hockey connections to Maine,just not UMaine.

Comment

Nice to see St. Lawrence coming to Alfond Arena after the Ice Breaker tournament. I don't think I have ever seen St. Lawrence play.

Comment

Not a UMaine Player or Coach,but Barry Trotz/Coach of Nashville was the Head Coach for the Portland Pirates(AHL)...he's one of the most under-rated coaches in the NHL,with Nashville being Budget wise since they came into the League,they did this year sign up Rinne and made some shrewd deadline deals...Trotz is kinda like the Joe Maddon(TB Rays/MLB)of the NHL...always does a excellant job with what he has but no big hoopla or headlines....so he has hockey connections to Maine,just not UMaine.
                                also along those lines, Kevin Dineen, Head Coach for Florida Panthers, spent several years as the Pirates Head Coach

Comment

Working...
                                X