Maine - the Golfing Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine - the Golfing Season

Connolly wins Hobey Baker. Props to Spencer on a great season though!

Comment

Thanks Maine fans for the kind words. I think it's prestigious for the whole league when one of us wins it all. This BC fan will not forget your supporting us next time Maine is in the FF

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        Thanks Maine fans for the kind words. I think it's prestigious for the whole league when one of us wins it all. This BC fan will not forget your supporting us next time Maine is in the FF
        It's hockeyeast...you got to cheer for hockeyeast. Unless of course its UNH then you cheer for every other team!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
          Spencer Named as 1st Team All American (East)
          looking at the list it is like he was named first team all ECAC

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
            Anyone who appreciates great college hockey admires this BC team; as Wally pointed out: what's not to like? From York on down to the equipment manager, they were pretty-much perfect.

Just don't be so sure that you'll still be young enough to remember so much as your own name, the *next* time Maine reaches a FF.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-10-2012, 01:12 AM.

Comment

While pondering........Which do you think will happen 1st, Maine goes back to the Frozen 4 or the Red Sox in the World Series again?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Just don't be so sure that you'll still be young enough to remember so much as your own name, the *next* time Maine reaches a FF.
                Honestly, I don't think it will be that long. As long as they keep going strictly by math as best as possible to match up teams in the field, you're going to see some horrendously imbalanced brackets. Obviously we've seen decent Maine teams get through in 06 and 07 with horrendous brackets. This year had serious imbalance as well that Maine could have easily gone to the title game from had they been in the right spot.

So... all you gotta do is get in a few times and you'll probably see Maine get through at least once if not more out of a handfull of NCAA berths.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Just saw on goblackbears.com, Cornell, Diamond and Nemec are Tri-captains for 2012-2013 season. Guess Joey is staying...Tim Ghandi must be taking his leadership style from the Football team....never have seen tri captains at this level, typical lack of definte action....... in any event, good kids and should help set tone..Nemec will be a 5th year sr, so hopefully brings maturity, Joey , if controlled , could bring a fire, Cornell has been a Captain before...should provide leadership on and off ice. Big question will be if Joe will commit to being the best he can be.....
                  Last edited by BearNecessity; 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
                    Tim Ghandi must be taking his leadership style from the Football team....never have seen tri captains at this level
                    Guess you haven't been watching Maine hockey very long.

1986-87: Jack Capuano, Mike McHugh, Dave Nonis
                    1989-90: Christian Lalonde, Claudio Scremin, Guy Perron
                    1990-1991 and 1991-92: Mike Barkley, Scott Pellerin, Martin Robitaille
                    1997-98: Steve Kariya, Shawn Wansborough, Brian White
                    2002-03: Chris Heisten, Martin Kariya, Robert Lisczak
                    2006-07: Michel Leveille, Mats Lundin, Josh Soares

Comment

Congrats to Mike, Joey and Mark on being named Captains.....Huge honor....I agree w BearNecessity in thinking 3 captains is a little uncommon. .....Not that it matters at all, but I wonder if Abbott13 would also find it a little odd. In any case, I'm sure the boys will do a great job leading the squad next year.....BearNecessity, I mite be a little out of the loop, but why would you question Joe's commitment?....Did I miss something?

Comment

I'd think Joey would be full on balls to the wall next year, its his chance at a contract.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          While pondering........Which do you think will happen 1st, Maine goes back to the Frozen 4 or the Red Sox in the World Series again?
                          I'm Hoping its Maine Hockey..!

Comment

Glad to see #39 coming back,I thought for a time that he was 50/50 in leaving...but coming back means there will be Heart/Soul and plenty of Moxie on the ice...good deal...takes some of the sting of losing Mangene.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

What a dope Necessity is!

Congrats to Joey, Mark and Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

I don't remember a C on Josh's chest, ever.
                                and this was his last game.
                                http://hockeyphotography.photoshelte...000_lgtS.MYBjw
                                apparently melisssa does not allow linking
                                Last edited by KnowItAll; 04-12-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X