Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 East Regional Semifinal: #1 Union vs. #4 Michigan State

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    I don't like that call. The net never came off.
    The WCHA should send out apology letters to every regional that gets their officiating in advance.

Comment

Wow, that is a pretty terrible call. I'd need it to come up enough to see the peg to make that call. Actually, I'd say screw the rulebook and as long as it's not completely off the mooring it's good. Pretty bad reffing there.
      Boston University 2009 Champs
      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbobillybob View Post
        Did I just hear the idiot basketball broadcaster state the net is 6 feet tall? Dear Parise I never thought that I would rather have Clay Matvig call a game.
        Buccigross is not a basketball broadcaster. He's hockey through and through. He obviously misspoke, because he knows the net is 4x6.

Comment

Even as a Union fan, I'll say they got lucky on that call. The puck was in and the net wasn't dislodged... sure, it rattled a bit, but it wasn't off its moorings.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            I'm sure Shep and Marco have a very good explanation.
            I'm sure they have one that is hilarious, but not necessarily "good."
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

I'm glad we have review of goals, but -- too long a delay and they can still make **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Michigan State absolutely screwed by WCHA refs...no surprise there...

They say the net was dislodged...
                Lowell fans in that arena are snickering right now. The rule is, the official can blow the play dead at ANY point he believes the net has become dislodged, and as Lowell found out, the whistle itself does not necessarily have to be blown, it's the "Intent To Blow" rule. So, if the official reviews it he can say he intended to blow the whistle at that point on the net dislodgement, and that would be where the play ended. Weird, weird rule.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Sigh. I hate MSU and know we have written rules for a reason, but can we use some common sense? There is no reason that play should ever not be a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by mnpokecheck View Post
                    I'm glad we have review of goals, but -- too long a delay and they can still make **** up.
                    Their reviews always take an eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                      The WCHA should send out apology letters to every regional that gets their officiating in advance.
                      Are you sure Union didn't pay for Bryan Hicks to ref this? He's so pro-Union it's not even funny.

Comment

So my best guess on the call was "intent to dislodge". The puck was in, the stick was low, the net never left, and even if it did, Union's Josh Jooris did it. Bad call that's going to make a lot of people very upset if MSU ends up losing.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                          Buccigross is not a basketball broadcaster. He's hockey through and through. He obviously misspoke, because he knows the net is 4x6.
                          How do do you misspeak after mentioning that the player is 5' 10" tall and swinging the stick at shoulder height is or just below(I'm not even arguing if it was a high stick or not) but for Parise sake the net is wider than it is tall. I hate ESPN hockey coverage. It is almost as bad a listening to Terhar call a wild game.
                          You're not a sieve, you're a funnel! You're not a funnel, you're a vacuum! Your not a vacuum, you're a black hole! You're not a black hole - YOU JUST SUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Lowell fans in that arena are snickering right now. The rule is, the official can blow the play dead at ANY point he believes the net has become dislodged, and as Lowell found out, the whistle itself does not necessarily have to be blown, it's the "Intent To Blow" rule. So, if the official reviews it he can say he intended to blow the whistle at that point on the net dislodgement, and that would be where the play ended. Weird, weird rule.
                            Trust me, North Dakota has had that happen to them on a few different occasions over the past few years. They didn't blame an intent to blow the whistle though, they claimed the net was dislodged...which it wasn't
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              I believe Shepard was the ref a couple years ago in a UND-Michigan Tech game. There was a scramble similar to the one in this game where UND scored a goal and Sheppard signaled a goal. Then they reviewed it and Sheppard waved it off citing Intent to Blow the whistle. I am still dumbfounded by that one. If you meant to blow the whistle, why did you signal a goal? Just wave it off.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Saw this on Twitter -

@paulacweston The NCAA rule says that the net must be totally flat so I guess that counts as dislodged. Lame, but correct I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X