Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    2,339

    USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    First Team
    F: Jeremiah Ketts, Johnson and Wales University
    F: Pier Olivier-Cotnoir, Norwich University
    F: Johan Ryd, St. Norbert College
    D: Ryan Barlock, Curry College
    D: Chris Stansik, Adrian College
    G: Jonathan La Rose, Amherst College

    Second Team
    F: Kevin Willer, Elmira
    F: Jon Whitelaw, Oswego
    F: Jordan Keizer, Milwaukee School of Engineering
    D: Justin Troiani, Wiiliams College
    D: Jordan Lalor, Bowdoin College
    G: Andrew Hare, Oswego

    Third Team
    F: Ross Ring-Jarvi, Gustavus Adolphus
    F: Zack Graham, Adrian College
    F: Nick Lazorko, Castleton College
    D: Derek Grogan, St. Olaf College
    D: Domenic Recchia, Johnson and Wales University
    G: Connor Toomey, Milwaukee School of Engineering

    All-Rookie Team
    F: Josh Keizer, Milwaukee School of Engineering
    F: Mike Domsodi, Wentworth
    F Louie Educate, Nichols
    D: Stephen Ginand, Massachusetts-Dartmouth
    D: Aaron Deutsch, Amherst
    G: David Jacobson, St. Norbert



    Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2012/03/23/cham...#ixzz1pxOFGTXg
    LakerEagleLover

    I support tuition payments past...

  2. #2
    I never scored a goal backchecking!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin
    Posts
    840

    Re: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    First Team
    F: Jeremiah Ketts, Johnson and Wales University
    F: Pier Olivier-Cotnoir, Norwich University
    F: Johan Ryd, St. Norbert College
    D: Ryan Barlock, Curry College
    D: Chris Stansik, Adrian College
    G: Jonathan La Rose, Amherst College

    Second Team
    F: Kevin Willer, Elmira
    F: Jon Whitelaw, Oswego
    F: Jordan Keizer, Milwaukee School of Engineering
    D: Justin Troiani, Wiiliams College
    D: Jordan Lalor, Bowdoin College
    G: Andrew Hare, Oswego

    Third Team
    F: Ross Ring-Jarvi, Gustavus Adolphus
    F: Zack Graham, Adrian College
    F: Nick Lazorko, Castleton College
    D: Derek Grogan, St. Olaf College
    D: Domenic Recchia, Johnson and Wales University
    G: Connor Toomey, Milwaukee School of Engineering

    All-Rookie Team
    F: Josh Keizer, Milwaukee School of Engineering
    F: Mike Domsodi, Wentworth
    F Louie Educate, Nichols
    D: Stephen Ginand, Massachusetts-Dartmouth
    D: Aaron Deutsch, Amherst
    G: David Jacobson, St. Norbert



    Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2012/03/23/cham...#ixzz1pxOFGTXg
    Do not want to say that any of the mentioned are not deserving. They are! It is impossible to see all of the players in all of the different leagues. My only comment is that Cullen Bradshaw of SNC (31 games played, 8 goals, 22 assists, 30 points) is certainly a great candidate for the all rookie team. He will be one to watch in the future.
    SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    61

    Re: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    The SUNYAC player of the year didn't make the list?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    774

    Re: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    Never have seen MSOE goalie play, but Platty's Cadieux certainly has numbers to beat him out. In fact, no Cardinals anywhere?? Seems odd that a team ranked 3rd, 4th or 5th all year should have some player worthy. This team seems to lean towards the flashy offensive numbers of some guys who play inferior schedules. Not all of course, but 2 Johnson & wales, 2 Adrian, etc.....I'll put my red glasses back on now.

  5. #5
    This **** ends now. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    30,976

    Re: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    I did not see Plattsburgh (or most eastern schools, for that matter), so I have no opinion there. But I did see the MCHA representatives listed below, and I will vouch for each and every one of them. Every one of them belong.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


    God, that was fun...

  6. #6
    Go Cards!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    653

    Re: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    I don't think anyone on Plattsburgh had the numbers to get on any of those teams, although Cadieux would have been the closest. And I wear red glasses

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59

    Re: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by admiral0417 View Post
    Never have seen MSOE goalie play, but Platty's Cadieux certainly has numbers to beat him out. In fact, no Cardinals anywhere?? Seems odd that a team ranked 3rd, 4th or 5th all year should have some player worthy. This team seems to lean towards the flashy offensive numbers of some guys who play inferior schedules. Not all of course, but 2 Johnson & wales, 2 Adrian, etc.....I'll put my red glasses back on now.


    you can say that about the goalies as well, when you average 23, 24, 25 sog a game its tough not
    to have a great GAA or Save %

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    774

    Re: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by ilikehockey View Post
    you can say that about the goalies as well, when you average 23, 24, 25 sog a game its tough not
    to have a great GAA or Save %
    I hear you. However, talking to some former goalies in Cardinals program, they say it's tougher to stand around for 10 minutes or so until a quality shot comes your way. You have to be able to turn it on quickly and it's not always easy.

    I remember a few years ago Platty brings in a transfer goalie from a weaker team that was used to seeing 40+ shots a game, stood on his head some nights and was the All-Conference goalie. He never did make the adjustment to seeing 15-20. Some goalies thrive on being busy, others don't. Having seen Cadieux all year, I can tell you that he would make all the easy saves and the vast majority of the real tough ones.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59

    Re: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by admiral0417 View Post
    I hear you. However, talking to some former goalies in Cardinals program, they say it's tougher to stand around for 10 minutes or so until a quality shot comes your way. You have to be able to turn it on quickly and it's not always easy.

    I remember a few years ago Platty brings in a transfer goalie from a weaker team that was used to seeing 40+ shots a game, stood on his head some nights and was the All-Conference goalie. He never did make the adjustment to seeing 15-20. Some goalies thrive on being busy, others don't. Having seen Cadieux all year, I can tell you that he would make all the easy saves and the vast majority of the real tough ones.
    valid point, agree

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    215

    Re: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by admiral0417 View Post
    I hear you. However, talking to some former goalies in Cardinals program, they say it's tougher to stand around for 10 minutes or so until a quality shot comes your way. You have to be able to turn it on quickly and it's not always easy.

    I remember a few years ago Platty brings in a transfer goalie from a weaker team that was used to seeing 40+ shots a game, stood on his head some nights and was the All-Conference goalie. He never did make the adjustment to seeing 15-20. Some goalies thrive on being busy, others don't. Having seen Cadieux all year, I can tell you that he would make all the easy saves and the vast majority of the real tough ones.
    Heglesson from Plymouth State if I'm not mistaken? Great point though a lot of goalies would rather stay warm and see a lot of rubber. Tough to stand around for long stretches then be asked to answer a quick flurry. The list is what it is and yeah guys from JWU play against weaker competition and can pump up the stats on some nights, but how can you discount them completely? So, because a kid plays in the ECAC Northeast he can't make an All D-3 squad even though he puts up 50 pts? All because they weren't against the right teams? In my opinion points are points and yeah it might not be fair to all, but once you start the argument of competition and asterisks it is hard to tell where that argument ends. Congrats to all these players on fine seasons!
    Sergei Fedorov, at the conclusion of his final season as a Red Wing.

    "I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    774

    Re: USCHO All D3 Teams.....discuss

    Quote Originally Posted by NEHockeyFan07 View Post
    Heglesson from Plymouth State if I'm not mistaken? Great point though a lot of goalies would rather stay warm and see a lot of rubber. Tough to stand around for long stretches then be asked to answer a quick flurry. The list is what it is and yeah guys from JWU play against weaker competition and can pump up the stats on some nights, but how can you discount them completely? So, because a kid plays in the ECAC Northeast he can't make an All D-3 squad even though he puts up 50 pts? All because they weren't against the right teams? In my opinion points are points and yeah it might not be fair to all, but once you start the argument of competition and asterisks it is hard to tell where that argument ends. Congrats to all these players on fine seasons!

    Didn't mean to discount the numbers put up by other leagues. Only defending the Card goalie. Over the years, Platty has had there share of high scorers though none in recent years. It's more about the defensive end now for them so you won't see any of there guys on top of the scoring list.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •