X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Enjoying St. Paul, BU fans?........your team deserves their fate!
    Wow, harsh.

Comment

Good game guys. It wouldn't have too much different to happen in the second and the outcome might have changed.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

a lot more fun and a better expierence then going to wor and getting your a** kicked

Comment

Not good.

OK...who's leaving?

I think we've seen the last of #9 and #5.
          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Didn't see it. Glad I didn't. The players that finished the season deserve plenty of accolades. These guys hung in there when mailing it in would have been an easy option.
            The fans should be thankful for the effort.
            More to say about this later but GOOD JOB GUYS.
            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Good luck to you guys next year. Liked the overall makeup of the team, they played with heart and jebus gave the Gophers fits on both PP and PK.

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                Didn't see it. Glad I didn't. The players that finished the season deserve plenty of accolades. These guys hung in there when mailing it in would have been an easy option.
                The fans should be thankful for the effort.
                More to say about this later but GOOD JOB GUYS.
                Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Good luck to you guys next year. Liked the overall makeup of the team, they played with heart and jebus gave the Gophers fits on both PP and PK.
                Ditto to both. Best of luck next season.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                  Not good.

OK...who's leaving?

I think we've seen the last of #9 and #5.
                  Reports are saying that Dallas is likely to make an immediate offer for Chaisson.

Clendening, playing his sophomore year as a 19 year old, more likely to return for another season.

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                    It really sickens me that some people's consciences are so warped to consider the Terrierees a "feel good" story "with all they've been through." What a joke. They're a bunch of entitled spoiled brats who think that they're above the law because they're moderately good at a sport.
                    The guys that stuck together and made something of their season when they could have packed it in showed character and resolve.
                    That makes it a "feel good" story, and a story separate from those that weren't there at the end. Those were not good stories, and in two cases will have their last college chapters written in the court of law. So it is a mix of bad and good stories, and the entire team story can't be painted with a single brush.

Comment

Chiasson is the most NHL-ready of the bunch. No reason for him to stay. Agreed on #5 as well.
                      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Yea..., at least your team was able to avoid a different fate. O wait...., nvm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                          Yea..., at least your team was able to avoid a different fate. O wait...., nvm.
                          At least we don't have Satan behind the bench.

Comment

Being this is the first time I've seen BU play I have to ask if there is a back story to why they have the blue puzzle piece logos on the uniforms. Is there some connection or someone personally affected that they all wear the puzzle logos now? Big ups to the team for supporting a cause very important to me as well.

Comment

Well, perhaps I jinxed them by bringing up the two keys to the game: discipline and defensive play....not good on both counts. Some frustrating play throughout, but the bottom line is that we knew they wouldn't survive against a better squad when taking lots of penalties and that was the case tonight. The Gophers were the better team. Some of the calls were pretty lame (Privitera and the major on Courtnall - never touched his head, should have been a minor at most), but they went both ways, and BU is never as good in special teams battles than they are when rolling 4 lines (or at least 3). We seemed to take a penalty right after every goal we scored - not good for keeping momentum. And two or three of their goals were the result of someone being wide open right in the slot.

Best of luck to the Seniors in the future endeavors (and Chiasson if he leaves).

I have to admit that I am very concerned about next season (and beyond). Megan and Nieto (hopefully) return, but assuming Chiasson leaves, who do we have up front to put the puck in the net? It's a BIG dropoff from there. Coyle departing, Hohmann and Rodrigues not contributing much on the scoresheet, and guys like Gaudet and Rosen being 4 or 5 goal guys, all leave this team with a void at forward. Most of the better recruits at forward are for 2013, and there are rumors that at least one of the good ones (Kurker) is reconsidering.

EDIT: Forgot about Gill - helps, but still a void to be filled.
                              Last edited by defkit; 03-24-2012, 09:44 PM.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                Being this is the first time I've seen BU play I have to ask if there is a back story to why they have the blue puzzle piece logos on the uniforms. Is there some connection or someone personally affected that they all wear the puzzle logos now? Big ups to the team for supporting a cause very important to me as well.
                                BU Hockey has been a loyal supporter of Autism Speaks for the past 8 years. This year they started wearing the blue puzzle piece logo at Red Hot Hockey during Thanksgiving and decided to continue wearing the logo for the remainder of the season.

http://blog.autismspeaks.org/2012/02...ism-awareness/

Also check out Athletes 4 Autism, a program co-founded by BU Senior forward #16 Kevin Gilroy:

http://www.athletes-4-autism.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X