X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    No matter how you slice it, I just don't see where BU is gong to have the experience and the horses to do much damage next year.
    Very possible, but it clearly comes down to the freshmen, especially in net. If the pair turn into Siwiec and Gillespie, it could be a long year. But if one of them is another Millan, this team could do well. I expect that BU will get votes all over the place in the coaches poll, from 3rd to 6th or worse.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Very possible, but it clearly comes down to the freshmen, especially in net. If the pair turn into Siwiec and Gillespie, it could be a long year. But if one of them is another Millan, this team could do well. I expect that BU will get votes all over the place in the coaches poll, from 3rd to 6th or worse.
      who are the pair?

Comment

A year ago the 2012-13 BU season was shaping up to be a pretty good one, but that was before QMJHL playoff MVP Coyle (i.e. the bust) and Leading scorer Chiasson left early for the pros, Max "Fidel" NiCastro got arrested and kicked off the team and superstar in the making Robert Polesello went from being the next Brian Gionta to the next John Sabo and was told to take a hike. You guys could still be top 4 in HE, but that's about it from what I can gather...

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          who are the pair?
          Matthew O'Connor, Youngstown USHL. 3.04 GAA .902 save% middle of pack in USHL
          Sean Maguire, Powell River BCHL. 2.33 GAA .913 save% top 5-10 goalies in BCHL 19yr old

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
            A year ago the 2012-13 BU season was shaping up to be a pretty good one, but that was before QMJHL playoff MVP Coyle (i.e. the bust) and Leading scorer Chiasson left early for the pros, Max "Fidel" NiCastro got arrested and kicked off the team and superstar in the making Robert Polesello went from being the next Brian Gionta to the next John Sabo and was told to take a hike. You guys could still be top 4 in HE, but that's about it from what I can gather...
            Nobody on the city end of comm ave was expecting chiasson or Coyle to be here this year. They were both leaving (Coyle just a couple months too soon).
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Nobody on the city end of comm ave was expecting chiasson or Coyle to be here this year. They were both leaving (Coyle just a couple months too soon).
              Yeah, and the team actually only loses 2 of the top 11 scorers from the end of year roster, and only 3 players who registered more than 2 points all year, as well as returning all of the defensemen. If O'Connor or Maguire can replicate Millan's freshman campaign (huge if, I know) this team should do a little more than just finish 4th in HE.

Comment

If no one else leaves and say, three of the incoming freshman skaters can make the line up AND the goalies have a good start to their college careers, the team should be in the top 3-4 of HE. It will fall to the upper classmen to do a lot of the heavy lifting for this season. I would expect a similar kind of campaign to last year if this is all correct. We could have two solid offensive lines and 1-2 grinder/ hustle lines. I'm a bit concerned about the d as it is practically a carbon copy of last year's squad. It's all conjecture at this time but gives us something to post about.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  Yeah, and the team actually only loses 2 of the top 11 scorers from the end of year roster
                  Yeah, the problem though is that only 3 of those returning forwards hit the 15 point mark last year, so it really doesn't matter if you bring back 100 forwards from last year, they're just not that good....

Comment

Yeah, the problem though is that only 3 of those returning forwards hit the 15 point mark last year, so it really doesn't matter if you bring back 100 forwards from last year, they're just not that good....
                    Comes don to the ongoing 64,000 question here --- development
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Comes don to the ongoing 64,000 question here --- development
                      Parker? Development? LOL.....that's a good one!

Comment

Not sure what stats you were using, I count 5 at 17 or more (Nieto leads the returning players with 42) and 4 more between 14 and 12.

And believe it or not BU had the 4th best GPG in the nation last year, 0.04 out of 1st place and 0.01 behind BC. And that was without a player inside the national top 15 in points or ppg. This team lacked a pure sniper, but was able to put the puck in the net with regularity.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                          Matthew O'Connor, Youngstown USHL. 3.04 GAA .902 save% middle of pack in USHL
                          Sean Maguire, Powell River BCHL. 2.33 GAA .913 save% top 5-10 goalies in BCHL 19yr old
                          thanks , didnt mean to be lazy but i had wondered what was going to happen after Millan left (it seemed like he was there forever) so Maguire seems to have the inside track based on those numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            thanks , didnt mean to be lazy but i had wondered what was going to happen after Millan left (it seemed like he was there forever) so Maguire seems to have the inside track based on those numbers
                            Recent BU goalies with the inside track:
                            Rollheiser, Bennett, Gillespie.

Gillespie lost out to Curry, Brett beat out Gillespie for a year and then was asked to not return, Grant split time with Kiern for 2 months before getting injured and becoming the #2 for his remaining 7 semesters.

Am I missing anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              Not sure what stats you were using, I count 5 at 17 or more (Nieto leads the returning players with 42) and 4 more between 14 and 12.

And believe it or not BU had the 4th best GPG in the nation last year, 0.04 out of 1st place and 0.01 behind BC. And that was without a player inside the national top 15 in points or ppg. This team lacked a pure sniper, but was able to put the puck in the net with regularity.
                              Perhaps you were counting Trivino who's no longer on the team or Noonan and Clendennning who are defensemen (I specifically stated "Forwards").

As for GPG, I'd be willing to bet that it went down after all the expulsions and defections.
                              Last edited by carltonbarrett; 05-28-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                                Perhaps you were counting Trivino who's no longer on the team or Noonan and Clendennning how are defensemen (I specifically stated "Forwards").

As for GPG, I'd be willing to bet that it went down after all the expulsions and defections.
                                *sigh* I know there's no hockey on this weekend but do you really have nothing better to do on a holiday weekend in May to blather on about how terrible you think BU will be next season?

Comment

Working...
                                X