X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
    Huh. I thought caddy corner.

Pro: do you know why it's kitty? Any fun story behind that phrase?
    Does it have to do with prostitutes?
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
      Huh. I thought caddy corner.

Pro: do you know why it's kitty? Any fun story behind that phrase?
      Kitty-corner, which means "placed or situated diagonally," has a number of variants, including cater-corner, cata-cornered and catty-corner. It has its origin with the word cater. Dating back to the 16th century, cater, which comes from the French quatre (meaning four), was the name for the number four on a die. It is believed that the positioning of the four dots at the corners of a square is how cater came to mean "diagonally opposed."
      Cater-corner first appeared in the American South in the 19th century. For reasons unknown, although possibly because cater sounds and looks similar to cat, the word changed to catty-corner or kitty-corner.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        Kitty-corner, which means "placed or situated diagonally," has a number of variants, including cater-corner, cata-cornered and catty-corner. It has its origin with the word cater. Dating back to the 16th century, cater, which comes from the French quatre (meaning four), was the name for the number four on a die. It is believed that the positioning of the four dots at the corners of a square is how cater came to mean "diagonally opposed."
        Cater-corner first appeared in the American South in the 19th century. For reasons unknown, although possibly because cater sounds and looks similar to cat, the word changed to catty-corner or kitty-corner.
        It's always good to have someone around from when the phrase was invented.
        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
          It's always good to have someone around from when the phrase was invented.
          Beat me to it!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I always thought it was Caddy-Corner too, as in "T Anthony's is caddy corner from Ellis the Rim Man."
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

BU watch party in Boston is at T's Pub (as if there were any other place it would be). Maybe I'll see some of you non-travelers there!

BU Alum '07

Comment

There is a Holiday Inn directly across the street from the Xcel I've used it for parking for concerts at the X.There are other Holiday Inns scattered about the Twin City Metro areas.There is a large Holiday Inn located on Interstate 35 and Washington Ave near the Metro Dome which is probably the one you may be thinking of.
                Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                Clearly not.

Holiday Inn is 4 miles from the rink. What do you call walking distance?!?

Nah, band is there, but the idiotic students spending their own money will be in the Best Western.

You making the trip?
                The West is the Best: Jim Morrison and the Doors from The End

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                  bu watch party in boston is at t's pub (as if there were any other place it would be). Maybe i'll see some of you cheap bah studs there!
                  fyp.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    fyp.
                    I laughed. I could afford to go, but I'd rather have the $$ available for Vegas in a couple months. But if you find me at T's I might buy you a drink!

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                      BU watch party in Boston is at T's Pub (as if there were any other place it would be). Maybe I'll see some of you non-travelers there!
                      You need to RSVP.

There's also a student one at the Ziskind Lounge at the GSU I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        You need to RSVP.

There's also a student one at the Ziskind Lounge at the GSU I believe.
                        Correct on the student one, it is free but seats are limited.

Comment

Good luck to the Terriers this weekend. Go Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Good luck to the Terriers this weekend. Go Hockey East.
                            thanks man! bridgeport is there for the taking! go do it.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by jacketfan View Post
                              There is a Holiday Inn directly across the street from the Xcel I've used it for parking for concerts at the X.There are other Holiday Inns scattered about the Twin City Metro areas.There is a large Holiday Inn located on Interstate 35 and Washington Ave near the Metro Dome which is probably the one you may be thinking of.
                              The Crowne Plaza is definitely within walking distance to the X, if someone is still looking for a hotel. I stayed there last year for the F4. They also have a parking ramp (although a little expensive at about $17/day, IIRC).
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                They also have a parking ramp (although a little expensive at about $17/day, IIRC).
                                You did that on purpose, didn't you.

Comment

Working...
                                X