This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    MacArthur scored four goals against Schneider. I don't remember him scoring any on Curry. Was he at fault for the 1-0 loss in 06-07 at Agganis?
    Yup
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Wow forgot about that one. Must have been him then...I do remember an own goal winning it for BC. Even after watching on replay many times I had no idea what happened.
      I can close my eyes
      Right now and still see him score
      Section 118

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Jim Prior confused
        probably said BU goal
        so let's play hockey

Comment

Jim Prior confused
          probably said BU goal
          so let's play hockey
          Nothing burns me more
          Than to hear "first collegiate
          Goal" - opposing team.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Fields was better than curry. Curry was well taught and took gera's direction well. He was very technical. But did have places to be beat with good shots.

Fields stole games. He playe on crappy teams (in fact Ryan Whitney's only collegiate goal of any significance was scored on fields) and stepped up big time. He absolutely should have left school after his jr year and cashed in. C'est la vie.
            Matti gave up bad goals. Goals the deflated the tires righ out from under his team. Must have been osmosis on touchdown Cory for his first years.
            OK so you agree that Curry was no better than a shooter tutor or a mound of dirt in the NCAAs and would have NEVER helped BC win a national title in those games where Schneider failed, right?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Even then...Schneider failed against UND. But he kept BC in the game against Wisconsin and I don't know if you can fault him for MSU. That's up for debate I suppose.

Comment

Even then...Schneider failed against UND. But he kept BC in the game against Wisconsin and I don't know if you can fault him for MSU. That's up for debate I suppose.
                I don't fault him for 2007 but he was also atrocious against mercyhurst the day before Und. 2-5 record in trophy games was startling. But he is in a different stratosphere than curry when you compare their skill sets
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  OK so you agree that Curry was no better than a shooter tutor or a mound of dirt in the NCAAs and would have NEVER helped BC win a national title in those games where Schneider failed, right?
                  I agree that I am impressed that you figured out curry's NCAA tournament save % and gaa.

I also agree that he playe his last game against msu wih a torn labrum (5 ga??)

I also agree he was hung out to dry in the KEVIN!!! game as his defense was too busy chasing igles around the ice trying to injure them to bother playing.

--- twist my arm and I'll agree he sucked as bad as td Cory in NCAA games and would not have helped your boys where Cory also failed.

Comment

BU didn't start trying to injure BC players until the middle/end of the 3rd period.

And yes, Schneider had a horrible weekend in Worcester as a Freshman. But, his NCAA results as a sophomore and junior are far superior to anything Curry did.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                      I don't fault him for 2007 but he was also atrocious against mercyhurst the day before Und. 2-5 record in trophy games was startling. But he is in a different stratosphere than curry when you compare their skill sets
                      Don't get all forgetful on us and use the latest sampling. Cory is currently >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>curry.

But back then, no.

Comment

--- twist my arm and I'll agree he sucked as bad as td Cory in NCAA games and would not have helped your boys where Cory also failed.
                        Think again:

Save %: .921 to .845
                        GAA: 2.43 to 3.89
                        7-3 (70%) vs. 1-3 (25%)

This all makes sense given the vast superiority of Schneider even in college.

You walked right into it, mookie. Sorry.
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

mookie, i have to know...is it a blind hatred you have for red heads or an everlasting love you have for recruited walk-on curry?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Think again:

Save %: .921 to .845
                            GAA: 2.43 to 3.89
                            7-3 (70%) vs. 1-3 (25%)

This all makes sense given the vast superiority of Schneider even in college.

You walked right into it, mookie. Sorry.
                            Nick

Curry was recognized as an all American (2nd team) and Walter brown winner. Hockey easy poty. Etc.
                            I know y'all think it's a big conspiracy when it comes to awards and igles getting screwed.. But

All I know is Cory didn't get it done with lonster teams in front of him. So if I say you may have had a better chance if you put the pads on Tim kunes, you can't say beyond a doubt that I'm wrong.

Comment

mookie, i have to know...is it a blind hatred you have for red heads or an everlasting love you have for recruited walk-on curry?
                              I thought curry should have been rotated. My preference is to have competition and keep them fresh and not overworked. Curry played too many minutes for my liking. If Bennett had a chance to play more perhaps he would have turned into the abortion that he became once the job was given to him.

And I have nothing against the ginger. I am happy with flower in Pitt, but if I was a flyers fan I would die to get Cory.

Comment

Nick

Curry was recognized as an all American (2nd team) and Walter brown winner. Hockey easy poty. Etc.
                                I know y'all think it's a big conspiracy when it comes to awards and igles getting screwed.. But

All I know is Cory didn't get it done with lonster teams in front of him. So if I say you may have had a better chance if you put the pads on Tim kunes, you can't say beyond a doubt that I'm wrong.
                                Seriously... Give me a break. The kid had 2 bad games. One he was lucky to win. Both games the defense did nothing for him (and the defense was fairly sketchy when you look at a lot of those names on the roster). The next 2 years he made the title game and lost to 1 superior team and 1 inferior team, both with 1 goal scored offensively for support.

This kid was a big game goalie just like all the others just didn't get a chance to get the title his senior year. Postseason hardware and stood on his head at times even when he gave up a lot of goals vs. North Dakota in 2006 and 2007 (both great wins). .938 save % in the postseason. 1.89 GAA in the postseason. 17-4 record in the postseason. Clemmensen probably had similar numbers after 3 years. Of course, he used his 4th year to win the title while Schneider took off and BC won the title in his would-be 4th year too. Would BC not have won that title if he was there instead of Muse? We'll never know. But I am sure dopes said the same crap about Clemmensen after 3 years too. And then they all looked like dopes... be happy Schneider didn't come back and do the same in this argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X