X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    If you want to play the if game, (useless but for the offseason) who would you take in a matchup between both teams' full rosters with Trivino/Coyle/Nicastro? Hard to put that beyond a coin flip.
    Coin flip? BC vs. anyone in March and April is rarely a coin flip.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Which, with respect to this season, is simply not true. We twice skated circles around them on the road, got crushed at home, and without our two top centers and five defensemen, gave them their stiffest competition during their win streak. Of course, that still doesn't get you anything in the grand scheme, but with respect to the quoted argument, it proves does prove it to be false.
      You're really out in left field on this one. No, I don't think for a minute we would have beaten them in HE tourney or in the NCAA's the way they were playing. In case you haven't been paying attention in 14 out of the last 15 years, BU isn't exactly a tournament team. They've been more of a no-show team come tournament time. Sick of the excuses. The team just wasn't as good, with or without the sexual assault squad or Coyle. If winning earlier in the season mattered by your logic, BC shouldn't have been able to get by Maine in the HE championship.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Which, with respect to this season, is simply not true. We twice skated circles around them on the road, got crushed at home, and without our two top centers and five defensemen, gave them their stiffest competition during their win streak. Of course, that still doesn't get you anything in the grand scheme, but with respect to the quoted argument, it proves does prove it to be false.
        Ah... I hate to break it to you, but BU didn't skate circles around BC twice at Conte. BC dominated that 2nd game. SOG 45-15 (not always a good indicator but here it was).

The Eagles statistically dominated the game in every facet except the scoreboard. BC outshot BU, 45-15, had 11 attempts on the power play, and dominated overall time of possession. In fact, the biggest statistical anomaly was the fact that the BU had more penalties (17) than shots (15).

Still it was the Terriers who were incredibly opportunistic.

The middle frame was worse for the Eagles. They held a massively lopsided 23-1 advantage in shots, but allowed the Terriers to score on their only opportunity, a Garrett Noonan wrister through traffic at 13:21 for a 3-0 lead advantage.
        Maybe you had a tough time seeing the game with your head up Jack Parker's butt?

edit - epic comment from someone at the bottom of that game recap 4 months ago (WCHA #1 ahahahahahahahhahaha)
        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 04-09-2012, 01:47 PM.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Not sure how I feel about the "accepting anonymous letters and comments" part of this.
          Which is why I shake my head that it was posted on this thread in the first place. While a large email distribution, I believe it was probably not intended to be copied and pasted on a message board. But that could just be me.

Soooo.....Cornell is playing Michigan at Madison Square Garden this Thanksgiving. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Which is why I shake my head that it was posted on this thread in the first place. While a large email distribution, I believe it was probably not intended to be copied and pasted on a message board. But that could just be me.

Soooo.....Cornell is playing Michigan at Madison Square Garden this Thanksgiving. Interesting.
            At least they note that anonymous letters make it more difficult for them to consider it seriously.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Do you know the BU v DU date yet, and/or what day of the week it is? (please say Saturday, please say Saturday)

Comment

I don't see a problem in relaying that information to a message board, specifically to a BU thread. There are probably BU fans who didn't get the e-mail and are happy that it was posted for them to read. And for the record, I don't have any thoughts on the actual content...I'll leave that to you guys.

As for the other stuff, the single biggest reason you can't look back at those BU wins is Parker Milner. Night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  Do you know the BU v DU date yet, and/or what day of the week it is? (please say Saturday, please say Saturday)
                  First I heard about Denver was the other day when mookie texted that he saw it here. I'll find out tonight and let you know.

Comment

Might it be 10/20? Lowell is playing at CC that night, for one game. I can't imagine they'd go out west to play one game, and CC is playing Air Force the night before, meaning the other option would be Lowell@DU on Friday. That's just speculation on my part.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

First I heard about Denver was the other day when mookie texted that he saw it here. I'll find out tonight and let you know.
                      Awesome, I'll give you my email if you need it. Also hearing from a lot of people that the date you had been told for BU at UND is actually incorrect.

Comment

The letter was addressed to "All members of the Boston University Community." I posted it here in the hopes that maybe some members of that community not on the email distribution lists might have a chance to see it. For the record, all of the previous emails have been posted to the BU website (this one hasn't yet, but that's probably because it was just sent an hour ago).
                        #OneKnight

Comment

Given the subject matter that's being investigated, I think anonymous letters are appropriate. While you would hate to get false accusations, I really don't see a big risk of that happening. Its not like we're dealing with celebrities or politicians here. Nicastro and Trivino are nobodies with zero chance at a pro career. There's no book deal and a large settlement coming anybody's way if they report an alleged incident.

I also like the call for relevant info, not "Fidel cut in front in the beer line at Ts Pub".
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

BU's Down Cycle - They're Still Not That Bad

SIAP, but noticed that with their one Frozen Four appearance in the past 15 season, this appears to be BU’s longest stretch since 1950 of having so few Frozen Four appearances. In each of the 15-season periods from 1983 to 1997 and from 1969 to 1983, they were in seven Frozen Fours. From 1955-1969, they were in three Frozen Fours. From 1948 (when the NCAA hockey tournament started) to 1954, they were in three Frozen Fours.

Yet while BU has experienced 15 years in a down cycle for NCAA hockey (7-8 in NCAA Tournament games, compared to BC’s record of 32-9 in NCAA Tournament games and ten Frozen Fours during those 15 seasons), they’ve still been considered among the top 20 teams in the country in many of those years. Incredibly, at one point during this past season, they were the top ranked team in the country.

Although not among the elite teams in NCAA Division One during the past fifteen seasons (BC, Maine and UNH in the East; Minnesota, Denver, Michigan, Michigan State and North Dakota in the West), they’ve been somewhat competitive with the elite teams during that 15-year stretch and they did have their one miracle season in 2008-09. It’s just that ten Beanpot championships in the past 15 seasons are meaningless when compared to BC’s overall record during those same 15 seasons.

An interesting fact shows how lucky BU was with their last NCAA championship team. Six members of that team are playing in the NHL this year: Nick Bonino, Matt Gilroy, Kevin Shattenkirk, Brian Strait, Colin Wilson and Brandon Yip. If Gilroy and Wilson (two members of the 2009 Hobey Hat Trick) had turned pro before that season, as some suspected they would, BU might be working on a 15-year stretch with no Frozen Fours. Do any players on BU’s current roster have reasonable prospects of ever playing in the NHL? Maybe Agganis Arena didn’t turn out to be much of a recruiting advantage for BU after all.

Comment

So right now for OOC next season we have:

@ Denver
                              @ UND (x 2)
                              RPI
                              Beanpot x 2

Does that sound about right so far?

Gives us 2 OOC TBD? I'm guessing Harvard will be one?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Nicastro and Trivino are nobodies with zero chance at a pro career.
                                Don't forget though they are not investigating Nicastro and Trivino... they are looking at the overall culture of the team.

I think that by accepting anyoymous input they are opening themselves up to potentially less credible information....

Comment

Working...
                                X