This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Based on what I've read, he committed to NU because Cronin was really the first to recruit him.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Based on what I've read, he committed to NU because Cronin was really the first to recruit him.
      how did someone with that level of skill go unnoticed?
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Concerns about his size? I honestly have no idea, but will step aside and wait for hokydad...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
          We have Cason Hohmann though! I wonder what York could do with him?
          he could carry gaudreau's bag to the bus
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            It wasn't until he put up big numbers last year in his first year in the USHL that he was noticed. He did real well in some lesser HS league I think prior to the USHL and most assumed that was his ceiling, but Cronin must have had an inkling that he was the real deal so he offered him early and thus had him tied up by the time he started wowing everyone in the USHL.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              he could carry gaudreau's bag to the bus
              He'd probably trip.
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Why try and reach the unattainable? This is much more fun.

*****http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/2573_142648960076_835860076_6112369_884969_n.jpg******
                *****http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/3058649/BC_large.jpg******
                *****http://collegecandy.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/crying_baby.jpg******
                How those pics relate to me I have no idea. So the band geek, math nerd, coke bottle glassed follower of girls hockey can now feel better about himself. Yea good for you junior.

Comment

Hmm, let's keep things civil. It's just a game. I'd like to think we all have lives beyond following our respective college hockey teams....

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    Although none us realized at the time, BC's hiring of York was the turning point. As soon as he arrived, the recruiting axis turned in BC's favor. While BU still had championship calibre teams through the 1997-98 season, the tables had started to turn in BC's favor. BU's talent was in its upperclassmen, BC's was in its underclassmen. By the time BU lost to UNH in the 1998 regional final about 4 hours after BC had trounced CC to reach the FF, the transformation was complete.

As far as the exact moment BC took control of the rivalry, how about this? In December 1997, BU beat BC at Conte. The game was on a Sunday afternoon. A month later, shortly after New Year, the two teams met again at Conte. BU broke out to an early 2 - 0 lead. Chris Drury broke in alone on Clemmensen with a great chance to give BU a 3 goal lead. Clemmensen stopped him, BC came from behind to win, the rest is history. I always look back at that moment as the time BU's dynasty came to an end.
                    You sir are a genius. Because you are absolutely right (well, there is no right or wrong it's just a good opinion and I share it with you).

That game over Christmas break when BC came back to win to me was the turning point. It proved BC could do it and was going to challenge BU. All I remember from that game is Reasoner going ape**** during the timeout, which was called right when BU went up 2-0. Bellefeuille won it on a hard jam at the left post with a few minutes left in the game and that. And the rest is history.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

There are cycles to a lot of things...especially college sports. Right now is a down cycle, albeit with a NC in '09. There will be an up cycle in the future.

We didn't win the NC, doesn't matter who did, only that the BU program didn't achieve to the level it should have given its resources. Hopefully, from the administration to the equipment manager, there is a distaste for this type of result that propels them to make the changes necessary.
                      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                        There are cycles to a lot of things...especially college sports. Right now is a down cycle, albeit with a NC in '09. There will be an up cycle in the future.

We didn't win the NC, doesn't matter who did, only that the BU program didn't achieve to the level it should have given its resources. Hopefully, from the administration to the equipment manager, there is a distaste for this type of result that propels them to make the changes necessary.
                        I agree with a lot of what you said, except for "it doesn't matter who won the National Championship." If BU is going head-to-head with BC for recruits, it certainly matters to the kids and their parents who just won a National Championship. Plus, from a pride point of view, it should matter to the players and coaches at BU. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          , we were always "looking up" at BC. Now they have all the confidence and we are playing the role they always did - doubting whether or not we can compete with them and coming up short year after year.
                          Scarlet, your post in the other thread is duly noted. This part of chickod's post fits perfectly my feelings about BU and to elaborate what we were discussing on the other thread, our perceptions are affected too i believe because BU's dominance in the rivalry came first (although my dad, to this day says "we used to own the Beanpot! " ) and lasted twice as long as the current BC era. It all depends on what seat you are sitting in though

Comment

According to the schedule thread, we're getting RPI at home 1/4/13.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post

You're right that they tend to be cyclical, but those cycles are usually a result of certain actions. I'm not sure what triggered BC's drop in the early nineties, but I suspect that it had to do with Ceglarski no longer being able to land recruits like Leetch, Janney, and Emma. Then bringing York in certainly triggered a cycle change. BU needs something to trigger a new cycle, and as you say, let's hope the people in charge realize this.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

New email re: the task force.

TO: All Members of the Boston University Community

FROM: Jonathan Cole and Jean Morrison, Co-Chairs of the Men’s Ice
                                Hockey Task Force
                                DATE: April 9, 2012

SUBJECT: Men’s Ice Hockey Task Force – Call for Input

In March, President Brown established the Men’s Ice Hockey Task Force to assess the culture and climate of men's ice hockey at Boston University in the wake of charges of sexual assault against two members of the men’s ice hockey team (http://www.bu.edu/president/letters-...ers/2012/3-07/). The work of the Task Force is well under way. Our efforts are currently focused on gathering information and data that will enable us to assess whether the culture and climate of the hockey team are consistent with the values and mission of the University. As a reminder, our efforts are not directed at considering the guilt or innocence of the individuals who have been charged with sexual assault.

Gathering information from the Boston University community is an essential part of our efforts. Thus, we write to invite members of the BU community to provide relevant information, and to describe the ways in which to do so.

There are three different ways in which information may be provided to the Task Force. First, we will be hosting two Task Force Open Forums on campus. These are public meetings for members of the BU community to provide input to Task Force members. Members of the Task Force will be present at the Open Forums to listen to BU community input on issues that are relevant to the climate and culture of men's hockey.

The first Task Force Open Forum will take place on Wednesday, April 11th from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Sargent Auditorium, 635 Commonwealth Ave. The second will take place on Monday, April 23rd from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Kenmore Classroom Building, Room 101, at 565 Commonwealth Ave. These sessions will be moderated by Dean of Students Kenneth Elmore and will employ clearly defined guidelines for participation.

Second, we have established a Task Force website which has a portal to receive written comments: http://www.bu.edu/hockey-task-force/. Members of the BU community are welcome to offer comments, either anonymously or by identifying themselves. Further guidelines for submitting comments are provided on the web site.

Third, members of the community are welcome to write letters, either anonymously or by identifying themselves, and send them to the Task Force in the care of the two chairs (Jean Morrison and Jonathan Cole) at Office of the Provost, Boston University, One Silber Way, Eighth Floor, Boston, MA 02215.

Please note that input provided with attribution will be more useful than unattributed information. For example, because the Task Force may wish to explore a particular matter in more detail, we may seek additional information from individuals who have provided attributed input.

Every reasonable effort will be made to protect the privacy and confidentiality of those who submit comments or letters, and of other individuals who may be identified in such communications to the Task Force. Because any apparent violation of law and/or Boston University policy that may come to light must be addressed, complete confidentiality may not be possible.

The deadline for providing information either via the web portal or directly in writing is 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 15, 2012.

We look forward to hearing from members of our community.
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X