X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Having Krug join the Bruins and pushing Warsofsky down the list a bit is sorta like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters to hokydad I would imagine.
    Based on what I read, it sounds like in order to get him, they had to sign him to a deal that kept him with the big boys this season. Now, that doesn't mean that they needed to give him a start. He must have looked decent enough in practice for them to consider putting him out there. Granted, with no place to move from 2nd in the conference, there was little risk from a team perspective in doing so.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Might as well post this:

5>5

Right guys?.....right?!

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
        Might as well post this:

5>5

Right guys?.....right?!
        It's a given, no team has ever lost a FF game while covered in Grey Poupon.

Comment

Pre game video montage here at the Frozen Four showed Corey Trivino. Does no one review these things?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Pre game video montage here at the Frozen Four showed Corey Trivino. Does no one review these things?
            And Melrose just said to that "most of the 1980 USA Miracle on Ice team came from these 2 programs." Someone tell BC Director of Athletic Development Mike Eruzione he's been working the wrong end of Comm Ave. for 30 years. Cripes.

Worst part...Thorne agreed with him.
            http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey Dogg View Post
              And Melrose just said to that "most of the 1980 USA Miracle on Ice team came from these 2 programs." Someone tell BC Director of Athletic Development Mike Eruzione he's been working the wrong end of Comm Ave. for 30 years. Cripes.

Boston schools: They all look alike...

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey Dogg View Post

THankfully, someone noticed, and Melrose corrected himself in the third period.

Well, I guess I was wrong about Minnesota having a chance. It's amazing how different those two games were yesterday. Tomorrow night could get ugly.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  THankfully, someone noticed, and Melrose corrected himself in the third period.

Well, I guess I was wrong about Minnesota having a chance. It's amazing how different those two games were yesterday. Tomorrow night could get ugly.
                  But the next best line of the night was "That was good recognization by the BC defense." Huh???? Did he mean "recognition?" Jeez...

Comment

Oh good, so he did correct himself. That was my doing. I texted Sean Grande (who was doing the radio play by play) and told him and also how Gary Thorne didn't correct him and he texted me back that he took care of it.

On a completely separate note, Tampa is pretty sweet. I would definitely come to another Frozen Four here.

Comment

It's BC's world and we are all just living in it.

If Save Ferris scores more than one goal tomorrow I will be stunned.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        But the next best line of the night was "That was good recognization by the BC defense." Huh???? Did he mean "recognition?" Jeez...
                        Gotta give Barry Melrose credit; he's ridden that one Stanley Cup run by LA for almost 20 years.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

So is the ice as bad as it looked on TV? It looked like the teams were skating in quicksand. I can only imagine what the score would have been with good ice...

I was surprised, being an NHL building and all. I know it's hot and humid, but is the ice like this when the Lighting play?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            So is the ice as bad as it looked on TV? It looked like the teams were skating in quicksand. I can only imagine what the score would have been with good ice...

I was surprised, being an NHL building and all. I know it's hot and humid, but is the ice like this when the Lighting play?
                            You thought BC looked like they were skating in "quicksand?" They looked to me like they were skating on Zambonied ice at the North Pole.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              You thought BC looked like they were skating in "quicksand?" They looked to me like they were skating on Zambonied ice at the North Pole.
                              Well, what I saw was players losing edges all over the ice and the puck bouncing everywhere...players having to put more "steam" on their passes because the ice was soft and slow, pucks hopping over sticks, pucks sticking. I didn't say "BC" was skating in quicksand, I said "the teams." I wasn't implying an advantage or disadvantage for anyone. I just thought the game would have been much faster with good ice (and that probably would have been to BC's advantage). Let's put it this way, when we played them, Minnesota was clearly faster than we were and they CERTAINLY weren't faster last night. Considering that they were extremely pumped for this (from everything I have seen and read on these threads) you would have thought they would have been flying, so SOMETHING slowed down the pace...based on what I had seen in the previous couple of games, I thought Minnesota had an excellent chance to win that game last night...silly me...

Comment

So it all begins anew next October in the Hall of Fame Game at Denver?

Comment

Working...
                                X