• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

KISS OF DEATH!!

maybe quinn will have an opening to move up to after all

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...medium=twitter
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I"m sure if Kurker does in fact decommit, with our luck, he'll end up at the Heights and be the top freshman in the nation. Look how things turned out for them with Gaudreau.

If we lose both he AND Collier, I'll be really bummed. I know one of his linemates (Fitzgerald?) that was injured is headed to BC. Where is the third MC guy going?
      I don't think the 3rd kid on that line is anywhere near as talented as Fitzgerald and Collier. While Collier is a very good player, Fitz would have had more points than him if he wasn't injured and is definitely considered more of a "can't miss" college prospect. He's also a year younger than Collier. I could see BC going after Kurker but not so sure they'd offer Collier a scholarship at this point.
      Last edited by carltonbarrett; 03-28-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        He originally said third BU player leaving, within 24 hours amended that to say a BU "role player" is considering leaving, within 24 hours of that noted that his definition of role player is someone who makes things happen every time he is on the ice. Later he said it was Clendening that he had been speculating about.
        I think that was actually the prepubescent BC blogger kid that used the "role player" term incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          As far as any of us know taking it year by year, but IIRC he mentioned in the interview with Joe Amorosino that he did not expect to coach beyond his current contract.
          I believe that his contract runs through 2014-15.

Comment

For those interested...

Tentative UND Schedule for next season:

Oct. 6 — EXHIBITION
            Oct. 12 — EXHIBITION
            Oct. 19 — at Fairbanks tourney
            Oct. 20 — at Fairbanks tourney (will play UAA and UAF here)
            Oct. 26 — ALASKA ANCHORAGE
            Oct. 27 — ALASKA ANCHORAGE

Nov. 2 — BOSTON UNIVERSITY
            Nov. 3 — BOSTON UNIVERSITY

Nov. 9 — at St. Cloud State
            Nov. 10 — at St. Cloud State
            Nov. 16 — MINNESOTA-DULUTH
            Nov. 17 — MINNESOTA-DULUTH
            Nov. 23 — at Notre Dame
            Nov. 24 — at Notre Dame
            Nov. 30 — at Colorado College

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              On paper, I wouldn't expect you guys to win as many games as you did this year but I also expected BC to just sneak into the tourney this year.
              I tried skating on paper once but my blades just ripped it to shreds...

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                He said another BU player was going to leave midseason after Coyle. A "role player" or some nonsense. Never happened.
                nope, never said that. Ask Fed....

False

Another little surprise coming but you will have to wait

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                  He only said that after it was clear that he was wrong. He changed his story several times but originally he reported he was gone. That's assuming he was referring to Clendening-- he never gave a name.
                  false, never said that

Comment

1. collier is a very late 93, Fitz is a 94. Not a year older, months.. Both exceptional talents and kids.
                    2. collier is not going to Youngstown, going to SSK to play for Scott Harlow. Maybe but doubtfull will end up with Trembley with new EJ org, doubtfull.
                    3. collier is raw, ton of upside. Never did much high end stuff in summer before. Will be skating full time with paul Vincent in pro group this summer. Will be ready + after 2 summers with PV and a year of juniors. Least of your worries.
                    4. 100% on board with BU and family is not the get a lifer types out there who jump ship everytime a better looking girl walks bye. Old school Charlestown type that BU needs to get back to

Remember, Parker said last year in the paper that he was the best player in the state, period. He got who he wanted.
                    Last edited by Hokydad; 03-29-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

HD I believe those quotes you're replying to were about the BC kid that scooped the Freep a few times and caused a boatload of butthurt among the Freepers and fanboys.

But I appreciate that you are still making clear that more good stuff is coming!
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        HD I believe those quotes you're replying to were about the BC kid that scooped the Freep a few times and caused a boatload of butthurt among the Freepers and fanboys.

But I appreciate that you are still making clear that more good stuff is coming!
                        np

in fairness, he didnt scoop Fed. He knew but didnt report until he had facts, didnt want to spread horse sh**

Comment

Originally posted by BostonUFan View Post
                          For those interested...

Tentative UND Schedule for next season:

Nov. 2 — BOSTON UNIVERSITY
                          Nov. 3 — BOSTON UNIVERSITY
                          Interesting.

I think they owe BC a game (not sure about BU but after those 2 probably), maybe meaning a trip east in 2013/14 (holy $hit that seems far off)

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            np

in fairness, he didnt scoop Fed. He knew but didnt report until he had facts, didnt want to spread horse sh**
                            If this is talking about Coyle, yes, this is true. I'd also heard rumors of it from another friend of mine connected with the THFB. Again, they didn't know for sure that it was true and didn't report it anywhere. The kid then turned up wrong on Clendening so he was 1 for 2.

Great that we didn't book our UND airfare, we'd been told for sure that it would be Veteran's Day weekend. How sure is it that it's 11/2-11/3.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              1. collier is a very late 93, Fitz is a 94. Not a year older, months.. Both exceptional talents and kids.
                              2. collier is not going to Youngstown, going to SSK to play for Scott Harlow. Maybe but doubtfull will end up with Trembley with new EJ org, doubtfull.
                              3. collier is raw, ton of upside. Never did much high end stuff in summer before. Will be skating full time with paul Vincent in pro group this summer. Will be ready + after 2 summers with PV and a year of juniors. Least of your worries.
                              4. 100% on board with BU and family is not the get a lifer types out there who jump ship everytime a better looking girl walks bye. Old school Charlestown type that BU needs to get back to

Remember, Parker said last year in the paper that he was the best player in the state, period. He got who he wanted.
                              Thanks for the correction on Collier for next season. Playing for Harlow is always a good thing. I'd imagine he'll have access to Boyle's gym, too. Do you know whether O'Regan will play in the USHL or EJHL next season? He just had some kudos on the USofH site for his play with the U18s.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                Thanks for the correction on Collier for next season. Playing for Harlow is always a good thing. I'd imagine he'll have access to Boyle's gym, too. Do you know whether O'Regan will play in the USHL or EJHL next season? He just had some kudos on the USofH site for his play with the U18s.
                                USHL

He does do Boyles, not 100% on what that means going forward with MB full time with Red Sox.

Comment

Working...
                                X